1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DJ Augustin and roster construction

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ClutchCity9495, Mar 23, 2021.

1. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

I guess it's a start.

DJ has no business being a leader, role model, mentor, etc.

Ziggy likes this.
  2. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Yes commander dj augustin was the starting pg for the 7-59 charlotte kittykats. Composure is his middle name. Im sure he is very comfortable with where we are headed.

They knew what they were doing grabbing this soldier the minute he was available. You can almost say he is right at home with his team

cheke64, lakersuck2, napalm06 and 3 others like this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Stone be all like

external-content.duckduckgo-2.gif

hakeem94 and Roc Paint like this.
  4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Without the hardhat and the tools

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

here is Stone hard at work building a roster to beat the Lakers

external-content.duckduckgo-3.gif

burlesk, Nook and hakeem94 like this.
  6. TimDuncanDonaut

Let Augustin officially run backup PG behind KPJ. Slide Wall to the SG, since he likes to score so much.

Personally would put Eric Gordon at the starting 2. On this team, there's no reason to make him a sixth man. If Gordon's here and Dipo's gone. Give EGO a permanent starting spot, he's earned it.

PG: KPJ (DJ Augustin, Sterling, Exum)
    SG: Ego (Wall, Sterling)
    SF: House (KMjr, Bmac)
    PF: Tate (KMjr, Lamb)
    C: Wood (Wilson, Patton)

Wall as a backup SG might get more efficient against opponent's 2nd unit.

chadyang and hakeem94 like this.
  7. ClutchCity9495

Wall outside shot has gotten better, but I wouldn't count on it. He is not the kind of player to accept a bench role. How about this novel approach, get real outside shooters. Morey fault was never got one for our bench. Always relied on Gordon as only true shooter we ever got. We need some shooters. That Tony Snell, or a Reddick be nice.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  8. TimDuncanDonaut

Is rid of Wall 2k roster imagination? :D

Maybe buy out Wall, eat some of the cost; with whatever saved get an outside shooter.

BamBam likes this.
  9. Xopher

Xopher Member

What is he going to do?Demand to be traded? Oh the horror!

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

DJ > Scrub Wall

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

to tell you the truth noting would make me feel better now than seeing wall benched...lolololol.... not even rockets making the playoffs

Xopher likes this.
  12. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Wall should be a SG at his current shooting rate. Augustine should be the PG, and I think Augustine would pair much better with KPJ than Wall as well.

Also would like to see Wilson and Wood on the court at the same time. Wilson has earned more minutes and has shown he can be good defensively while knocking down shots on offense and helping us on the boards.

13. Nook

Nook Member

The truth is neither Augustine or Wall really matter when it comes to the Rockets future. They both will stick around because of salary issues.

There is a good chance (50%) that if the Rockets keep their draft pick, that the point guard of the future is drafted (Cunningham/Suggs) and then you have Wall/Porter/Augustin/draft pick all clogged up... part of the reason I didn’t really love the Augustin trade, but I already said what I will say on that.

HP3 likes this.
  14. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fair point, but I don’t think Augustin is the vet who’s the problem in that scenario...he’s also only got one more year, and having a veteran guard who can come off the bench and also play mentor isn’t too bad to have around for a rookie and a 21 year old with some volatility. He seems to know his role, but maybe I haven’t seen enough.

Wall on the other hand... is trying to will himself back into the guy he was, won’t take a backseat to anyone, and I’m starting to think the coach has a soft spot / blindspot for him.

DaDakota likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

Augustin isn’t a problem. He is a professional and will quietly go about his business and be ready to play. I am just saying that he will possibly contribute to the log jam.

As for Wall, Silas says all the right things about him but it is clear there are issues chemistry wise and friction between Wall and other players. Players like Jordan and Bryant and Harden can have friction because at the end of the day there is pack order... but there isn’t that level of respect for Wall’s game.

The problem is that Wall has two seasons after this one for $90,000,000 and I find it hard to believe anyone touches that deal. Wall would also be a better fit on another team.

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Gordon is toast until next year. Lets hope of the makeup of the team is very different by then.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He would be a much better mentor for KPjr than Wall.....I concur.

DD

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I like the addition of the DJs

Rocket River

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Rockets RAVE !

DD

20. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

This is probably the case- but if you are wall wouldn't you want to get bought out? I he only has like 2 years 89 million left (ha ha- hahahahaha- that's funny to type), and he's clearly got value of at least the mid level- right? So cut him a check for 70 million and let him hit the open market. He's got to think he could make that extra 20 million (over 2 years) up from whoever he signs to play with- and whoever he signs to play with you'd think would be more fun than the Rockets.