1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

[Divorce] Simplest and cheapest preferred

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by swilkins, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Ric,

You're making me feel better and better about things. I appreciate it.

I just spoke to her for the first time in a while. I still have some stuff at the old place and some mail so I need to pick that up. She's still on the fence about things and with everything that's gone on with her mother (actually recovering at home now) plus her great-grandmother is about to pass away, she hasn't had time to think about it. I've just let her know that I would give anything to try and work it out.

2. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

VERY USEFUL STUFF BELOW

I just contacted the County District Clerk's office (888-545-5577) and thought I would pass on this very usefull tidbit, regarding uncontested divorce.

DON'T file online, because you are wasting your money.

Step 1 - Visit the Law Library at 1019 Congress (17th floor) to obtain the forms.
    Step 2 - Visit 1115 Congress (Basement room 23) and deliver completed petition along with $210 filing fee. There are lawyers that will validate the forms at no cost.
    Step 3 - Wait the 60-days
    Step 4 - Still researching the last step, but I would guess it would be the final court appearance.

Contact Houston Volunteer services about divorce questions at 713-228-0732.

The lady said people do it all the time and it isn't difficult. The websites make it out to be.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Thanks man. Thread bookmarked.

4. brentdapmp

brentdapmp Member

I was under the impression you had to file for divorce in the county you were married in. Is that not the case swilkins?

5. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Nope

You file in the place you reside.

#45 swilkins, Aug 1, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2007