1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Disturbance at Griffin house

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CiscoKid, Oct 25, 2003.

Tags:
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Come on now, this is a movie classic.....

Anyone? Buehler? Anyone?

DD

2. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

You're right. I'll wait for the statement from EG, but something tells me I'll be waiting for awhile.

3. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

well i didn't read it. thanks for the info

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Look, I am all for innocent proven guilty, but can people stop postulating theories for this guy?

Sounds like you've made up your mind.
    "Innocent until proven guilty" is just that... innocent until proven guilty. As for "postulating theories for this guy?", I'm as much in the dark as anyone else. Unlike you, I didn't postulate a theory. You did.

5. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Hollywood Shuffle.

You may have gone a little too deep for the masses with that one.

6. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Oh, I guess all these "this is about his family, so forgive him"
    "This girl is just BS" "Why is shell is outside, He must be set up" "She broke in, so what the hell" are all postulated by me.

As far as I am concerned, EG's side of story has as much as that girls story at this point. That's all I'm saying. I understand people hope there was an excuse for the guy, but all these "this girl must be BS' is just too much.

7. michecon

as much credibility as

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Look, you couldn't see how someone could get into a gated community unless they were let in. I simply said how you could. I've done it myself.

Oh, I guess all these "this is about his family, so forgive him"
    "This girl is just BS" "Why is shell is outside, He must be set up" "She broke in, so what the hell" are all postulated by me.

None of this has anything to do with me. Frankly, I could care less. So far, none of us know what happened. I suspect we will sooner or later. Hopefully sooner. But I don't like seeing people "lynched" without proof.

If Eddie beat up some chick, whoever she was, unless she was assaulting him with a weapon I'll be one of the first to call him a steaming pile of s***. Until that is proven, the guy hasn't done anything worse than not showing up for games and practice. That's enough to get me extremely mad at him already.

9. michecon

Deckard:
    I was not responding directly to you in the first post, sorry if you feel that way. There were plenty of posts in this thread as I described.
    Although I doubt a woman will press charge if she Broke in to the house in the first place, but I certainly see there is possibility to get in any gated community. Even CIA headquarter is penetratable...ask Tom Cruise. :)

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I would much prefer a discussion of "Samurai" and the merits of Cruise. :)

Griffin has screwed things up royally with the team, regardless of this mess at his house. We should be talking about his play, or lack of it, in the post... not this soap opera.

11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sorry but this really does sound r****ded. It is hard to believe that girl was trespassing. I believ there was an invitation given. Whether he kicked her out and told her to go later in which she refused that's a whole different story. But I really doubt that griffin would run around shooting and chasing someone around the house or outside.

12. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Dwill,

Good job, 2 points for you !!

DD

13. verse

verse Contributing Member

DaDa,

you in here selling Ho Cakes?!

:p

you got something to drink to go with it? how much for a cup? ok, well how much for a sip? well, **** it, just pour some in my hand....

14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Verse

EXCELLENT !!!!

DD

15. aries323

aries323 Member

I'm So friggin sick and tired of EGGies STupidity.
    Having said that I guess I'm just like the rest of the true Rox fans in here that is losing patience on such potential. This Kid can jump out of the gym, 6'10, long arms... a defensive presence that can grow with Yao. Yeah we gave up 3 picks blah blah blah, but the reality is we have special talent here.

My hope is that we don't give up on this kid. I'm 24 years old right now and I know its tough with or without money... just being early 20's has a lot of pressure on a kid.

Until Eggie gets back into basketball playing shape and until his attitude starts to change... I have to say that I'm friggin over reading or watching or anything that has to do with Eggie.

LOCK THIS TREAD PLEASE.... ALONG WITH the other 100 threads about eggie.

Hopefully I'll read up on CBBS in a week and it'll be about how EGGIE is getting back to workouts and practices and maybe Steve, or Mo, or Cato, or Yao, or someone on the team that's gone AWOL can help him and take EGGie under their wings.

IMHO, I think Eggie can and will help us this year and next... the kid can play when he's in the right enviroment with tough love and tough coaching (JVG)

my .02 cents.

Rio

16. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Ch 26 is just reporting that Eddie's agent said that Griffin has entered a hospital to get treatment for his problems.

17. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

thank god, its about time...

18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A question about the girl and the break-in. I don't know the details or any of that. But in Texas if someone breaks into your house aren't you legally allowed to shoot them? I remember a couple of years ago an exchange student was shot while going in somebody's backyard or something. So if Eddie did punch her, and/or shoot at her, while it was most likely a horrible thing to do, it may not really be against the law, right?

19. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Yeah that is true but the biggest question is if she broke in or was let in. He is saying that she broke into the house and she is alledging that he let her into the house. So a lot of the case rests on that.

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are correct and I have no idea what happened, I was just speculating that the fact that she was bleeding and there were spent shells don't automatically mean Eddie did something against the law.

I don't want to make up my mind either way. I'm glad that he's in the hospital now, though.