1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disturbance at Griffin house

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CiscoKid, Oct 25, 2003.

Tags:
  1. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

well, as long as the news media is reading this and will print it out as fact, i just want them to know that eddie beat me up in school every day in 4th grade and took my lunch money. all that money together after compounded interest, marginal utility and bush's tax break equal out to $752,932.33.

in addition, eddie has sold nukes to north korea, hidden wmds in his garage for saddam, rigged the 2000 election and shot way too many threes for his own good for the houston rockets.

however, I have done some research to suggest eddie's innocence. The name joann romero, if the letters are turned into numbers-10-15-1-14-14- 18-15-13-5-18-15, and corraborated with the Houston Rockets statistics of the past year, with the game dates between 3/11/03-4/1/03, take the derivative of the results, you get a number that matches directly to the player KELVIN CATO, who is reportedly playing Griffin's position. The plot thickens, Holmes. don't forget to credit me, Peggy, and add a little to the tip jar.
    Cheers

2. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

it was during my junior year in highschool. I remeber that day cause the fight caused a big media frenzy back in Philly. Eddie was kinda the local hero. i remeber one time Iverson came to the school one afternoon to see Eddie. this was a catholic school, and i was in my theology class during 8 th period. everybody knew about it and so during 8th period the school had sort of a lockdown where no body could step out of class for anything. I tried to con the teacher by telling him i gotta **** real bad, but he didnt believe me. i just wanna get AI 's autograph. anyway ya the guy he got into the big fight as the center. the fight happened in the morning during first period. My 1st period class was cancelled cause the teacher didnt show up and so we were all told to go to the cafeteria. thats usully where they put you if u aint got a morning class. so eddie was sitting all the way over the other side of th cafteria playing cards. i saw they had money goin around. Everyone else was just doing their own thing, i was trying to get so sleep on the table. then all of a sudden i heard this big noise and everybody was yellin fight , fight. i saw eddie and the center , marcus goin at it. they slammed into the soda machine. a couple of teachers , including the priest who was also the principal tried to break them up. the priest got an accidental elbow to the face. Now here is the funny part, the caf had two separate entrances, one on the east side and one on the south side of the school. the east side was connected to the court yard. the two were separated ,Marcus, the center, was outside in the court yard and Eddie was in the hall way in the south entrance. teachers were trying to calm them down, we all thought the fight was over, but Eddie ran out the south entrance gate , went around the other side into the court yard and the two started goin at it again. When the situation was finally over, Eddie was slapped with his I dont know how many suspension, and the center who was with me in my chem class was not there anymore. This is all true, I swear on my life!

3. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

and His punishment was that he was not allowed to attend his graduation, but he got his diploma anyway

4. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

ummmm... peggy=big sister of the bbs. wtf? :confused:

more evidence that this is the most reliable f'ing sports board... ever. even if sportswriters pull unsubstantiated crap off of here.

peggy, is you're reading this... my momma's uncle's stepson's daughter's coworker has proof that griffin was a male prostitute in highschool. :rolleyes: peggy... of all posts to choose from... that one?

griffin... if by chance you read this board, i really do hope that you get over your problems, but preferably with another team.

5. Smoke

Smoke Member

What Eddie has here is "failure to communicate". He is just a poor little wealthy chump, a wanna be thug. He suffers from having more dollars, than sense. What ever has happened, it is the result of many bad choices, not just one. That won't change. It seems nobody was seriously injured. The Rockets should take this opportunity to say goodbye. It shouldn't be about getting something for him.

6. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

The Eddie Griffin shoe should start selling better now, I guess.

7. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

Yeah, as quickly as he fled the scene...they must be some high quality kicks.

Oops...is humor permissable in this thread yet? I forgot to ask in advance

8. munco

munco Member

Innocent til proven guilty. Everything is speculative at this moment. Let's wait until more information is provided.

9. mycatuity

mycatuity Member

i can almost certain to say that he is innocent if only 1 gun shot was heard, but 3? that sounds more and more like him.

10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Hey munco, I backed off of the I "hate" part on JVG. Please change your sig. Thanks

**** Eddie!!

11. jmz

jmz Contributing Member

I think we need to re-sign Eddie to a long term contract and then send him to China for a year or two to play with the Chineese National Team.

While he is there he will have to live in the dorm where Yao lived.

By the time he returns to the US he should have grown up and all his piss ant groupie thugs and hos should have crawled back under the rocks where they came from.

12. Timing

Timing Member

The guy's SN is Another Brother, it's well known on this board he's a black man, your post is in the context of one black man supporting another, and oh by the way he's been attacked on this board previously with the "are you supporting x because you're both black" approach. You can try to rationalize it however you want but what you said could easily be taken in a racial context especially with all of the "coincidences" of race in this situation. Anyway...

13. Rocketsauce

Rocketsauce Contributing Member

Hey, if she broke in to his house, then this case probably ends up as a misdemeanor and no harm done. Just cause she was hurt and shots were fired, doesn't mean a crime happened. I bet even a lawyer I could afford could get me off of this.

One thing that's odd. At first the chronicle reported tha a woman at the house said she witnessed the abuse. This contradicted the cop who said that it is just Eddie's word vs. the victim. Now it turns out there was no other woman at the house. So it really is a he said she said situation. There were shell casings outside, but no one heard a gun. Eddies lawyer says that the woman has made a habit of being in the house uninvited. Her facial injuries could of happened when she was running from the gunfire. Maybe she fell off a fence. It happened to a friend of mine and it looked like she got the **** beat out of her. I was scared to take her to the emergency room.

Regardless, Eddie should of handled the situation better. This obviously wasn't a straight B&E. He knew the girl, hust call the cops. Don't shoot at her or even in the air. If someone broke into my house they would be shot at and I wouldn't miss. I can't imagine getting fired for it. Bottom line is that there has been enough information released already that would get Eddie out of this. So hey, let's go ahead and say it together everyone.

Incoent till proven guilty

14. Rocketsauce

15. fly75

fly75 Member

You guys are amazing in your denial.

Eddie Griffin was "expelled" from Roman Catholic high school in Philadelphia for fighting. RC has a zero-tolerance fighting policy. Incident was published locally at the time, and came to surface again when he clocked teammate Ty Shine while playing for Seton Hall the following year.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/news/2001/0321/1159174.html

Griffin, a player with #1 overall talent and potential, was still available at #7. Anyone willing to concede that maybe it wasn't just dumb luck- maybe Griffin had issues that other teams weren't willing to deal with?

16. Rocketsauce

Everyone, meet fly75. fly made it through high school without ever doing anything stupid and never got into a fight.

Come one man. The Rockets took a chance on a Eddies potential. Every team does this every year in the draft. You can't use hindsight to knock a teams decisions. Eddie was mentioned as a possible #1 and got him. He's underperformed so far, but the same could be said for Jermaine O'Neal at the same stage in his career.

17. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Easily? If you're looking for innuendos and connotations that don't exist - absolutely.

Coincedence of race? What are the odds if you comment on a Rocket player he'll be American Caucasion, Chinese, Slovenian, or African American. Hmmm. The correlation of commenting on a Rockets player and him being African American is high.

I attacked his idea of a support group for Eddie Griffin because the whole idea is ludicrous.

Look at his original statement:
    If anyone really cared about Eddie, wouldn't we form some type of support campaign? We could get some media coverage and let him know that there are REAL FANS that are concerned about his well-being here in Houston, instead of just wins and losses.

Why should we care enough about Eddie to form a support campaign and get media coverage. We do this because:

He's been in fights in HS and college and was known as a character risk, was busted for mar1juana, has shown nothing but immaturity, laziness and a complete lack of work ethic, lied to his employer and is now being investigated for domestic violence at his home.

And the reason we would create a support group and get media hoopla just for him is because: He plays for the Houston Rockets.

That's a good reason.

Unless you're talking about supporting him as a fellow "brother", fellow "man", fellow "human being". Well, we're all for that. I hope Eddie gets his life around just because it's in his best interest.

There are millions of immature kids who have run afoul of the law, have a serious lack of work ethic with nowhere near the priveleges that Eddie Griffin now enjoys . Why don't we form a support group for them and create a media event? Because they don't play basketball. That's the lesson here isn't it.

I don't know what your race is but peope read what they want to read into people's ideas without ever understanding it's intent or purpose. There are some who still believe the Wizard of Oz was a children's story and not political satire. Whatever. The fact he verbally attacked me because of my post demonstrates an impulsive anger that is well beyond the scope of my comments.

The lesson I have learned is I should not use the word "brother" because certain people on Clutchcity, including yourself can easily identify it with racial connotations.

18. dookiester

dookiester Member

The Wizard of Oz was a children's story. The author's coincidental political beliefs gave a nice backdrop for drawing ties to an elaborate political allegory but he never intended any of it. 'experts' in literature and history read a little too much into it. other than that i agree with the rest of your post. people like to over analyze everything.

19. ILuvEddie33

ILuvEddie33 Member

yea I know he lives like 3 or 4 minutes away. Shadowlake are the nicest thing around here the look just like Sugarland houses.

20. ILuvEddie33

ILuvEddie33 Member

Elsik and Hastings connect. It all used to be one school.