1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disturbance at Griffin house

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CiscoKid, Oct 25, 2003.

Tags:
  1. king911

king911 Member

Eddie Griffin must be a Rocket from the mid-to-late 80s.

He's more worthless off the court than he is on it.

Please cut him. Let him ruin his own life. Don't let him bring other people down with him.

2. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

comeon Eddie your fans bac here in Philly are praying for you. come back to the Rockets and take them to the playoffs.

3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

apparently you are as gullible as your username is stupid.

:rolleyes:

I have a sarcasm detector you can buy , looks like you need it.

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

You lost me.

5. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Domestic violence? Eddie? Showing emotion? I doubt the girlfriend got a rise out of him. The argument was probably mostly on her side (with him saying "uh-huh, ok, ok" the whole time) which the cousin and woman heard. The woman probably mutilated herself to go to the cops, in keeping with the psycho b!tch theory

6. Rocketsauce

Rocketsauce Contributing Member

All you Alief cats are thugs. Rockets brass should write in the contracts that no player live in Alief.:D

Memorial, class of 91'

7. laen21

laen21 Member

I petition to get that doosh bag (EDDIE) off the front of CC.net. The scrub doesn't deserve to grace the front of this site. If he beat that girl, I have no respect for him and hope he goes to jail for it. I say DO NOT SIGN HIM, and use what you would have spent on him, plus what you saved in the RICE trade to sign the final piece to the puzzle next summer. Face it, the ROX can compete and thasaboutit. But in two years or so, YAO will be the BEST player in the league, and we will roll into the finals... hopefully to win it all!!!

8. tzhang

tzhang Member

anything new from the ABC13 news story?

9. ymc

ymc Member

10. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I cant defend him anymore as a player, but I will say one thing about him as a human being..

Innocent till proven guilty.

you guys need to layoff the personal attacks till we find out for sure what the facts are in the case...

11. ymc

ymc Member

For me, being a quitter is enough to take him off the front page regardless of the outcome of his latest blunder. You can say his personal problems make him missing. However, he should at least have the courtesy to notify his employer instead of going AWOL. :mad:

12. codell

codell Contributing Member

Here is another interesting development from the Chronicle:

Griffin's attorney Rusty Hardin talked to the player tonight and said Romero is not Griffin's girlfriend, but an acquaintance.

The same article states that Rusty Hardin has now spoken with Eggie since all this happened.

"She entered his house without his permission on other occasions, and she did the same thing this (Friday) night and the incident occurred," Hardin said. "I don't want to comment on the details of what she said, but let the police investigation speak for itself. As far as he's (Griffin) concerned, she broke into his house."

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

You sure about that?

14. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Saying "If you think we should support him just because he is a brother (black) than kumbaya', sounds like a racial statement. You brought it in the conversation and if you didn't mean that then fine, but I am not black and that's the way I took your statement. The context of your statement sounded like a racial attack. So in the future you should be more careful.

As for the Eddie issue (not directed at Riet) I do think everyone is ready to lynch this guy and then I see people in LA and Las Vegas holding signs up saying we love you Kobe and we support you kobe. And here in houston we are all so quick to want to lynch Eddie.

The kid is 21 years old. He grew up in a tough neighborhood were his main support was his brother and then his brother dies. Give the guy a break. The kid is struggling with his life. Sure he has a god gifted talent and he is taking it for granted and acting immature BUT HE IS 21!

He needs help and just hating on him because you think he is a wasted draft pick is not the answer. Okay so your disappointed because we could have had Jefferson and Collins. But on a personal level cut the guy some slack.

15. llazarow

llazarow Contributing Member

If it turns out that he did shoot at her, does that mean we have to trade him to Portland?

16. DanzelKun

DanzelKun Contributing Member

Anyone else catch the CC.net props in the latest update of the Chronicle article? :cool:

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/topstory/2179689

17. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

ive had it with people telling us that we spent 3 draft picks on him... were not stupid here, we do realize that he did cost us quite a bit to get, no need to reiterate that every Freakin post, coz it gets annoying :mad: :mad: :mad:

18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Sounds like the mother of his baby is a pyscho....and she entered his house unwanted....and he flipped out.

Eddie is in deep doo doo, he handled this completely wrong.

I think the Rocks should cut him, or put him on IR until this resolves.

DD

20. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

i would go witht hte IR