1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Disturbance at Griffin house

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CiscoKid, Oct 25, 2003.

Tags:
  1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Probably, although Steve and Yao didn't abandon the rockets like Eddie did.

2. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Anyone else find it a little disturbing that the espn ends the story with these last two sentences?

He was the seventh overall pick of the New Jersey Nets in 2001 and was traded to the Rockets for three first-round draft choices.

He has averaged 8.7 points and 5.8 rebounds per game in two seasons with the Rockets.

Who gives a crap? Big story about a player having off the court history and you end it with draft history and his stats? :rolleyes:

I notice they do this a lot too and I think it's stupid.

3. SLA

SLA Member

No Fat b*stard...if someone SHOOTS at someone with a gun..then they need to be waived!

But do you really think Yao or Francis would be shooting at someone?

It's really sad what has happened to Griffin...got caught up...I hope he is safe. :(

4. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

IF STEVE OR YAO SHOT AT THEIR WIVES OR SOMEONE ELSE YES CUT THEM!!

5. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

argh, stupid no edit.

add "article" after "espn" and subsititute "problems" for the first "history" in my last post. :eek:

6. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

not at all, just trying to see how far yao fans will go to back him up...

7. Fat_Bastard

Fat_Bastard Member

well, damn, do you think if, let's say, derek fisher or someother scrub on the lakers were in kobe's shoes right now, they'd still be on the f'n team? hell fvck no! it's all about how good you are and if you can help the team win ball games. it became increasingly apparent game by game that EG was just a waste of skin, now waiving his ass will not be a problem at all. that eric williams and tony battie trade is looking a lot better now, though

8. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Yao and Steve would get the benefit of the doubt in this situation. Griffin over the last week has showed an instability in his behavior by missing games and practice making this not so suprising.

9. mulletman

mulletman Member

i'm not a lawyer or anything, but if someone "breaks" into your house or comes in uninvited, cant you claim that you shot at her in self defense or something??

10. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

That's what I'm saying. Something seems fishy.

11. ClockworkOrange

In Texas I believe you can. You don't know the intentions of someone who breaks into your home, whether you know them or not. We're not sure of the story yet, but if it were a self defense kind of thing then I'm pretty much with that.

12. ILuvEddie33

ILuvEddie33 Member

Im speechless!!!! O greedy bit**. If this si the reason for his problems then I UNDERSTAND!!!! You not be able to see your kid is horrible. Hope everyhting juss turns out to be a lie from the female that made that call.:(

13. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Wow two huge Eddie stories crack the BBS w/ in 12 hours. Whats the next one going to be?

Lets not rush to conclusions abouut what happened this morning, we really dont have a clue about what happened so its pretty unfair to label him a wifebeater etc...

Now its another to say hes immature etc..b/c he is blowing off his team on a daily basis.

Whatever is going on hopefully Eddie can overcome it.

14. keep_rudy

keep_rudy Member

Amen!! This is what Rockets management should do to help Eddie. Although you can argue that these are all private issues, however, considering Eddie's age and his immaturity, can Rockets offer some help?

15. danielk

danielk Member

OMG JUST WHEN WE WERE SAYING THAT EGGIE HAS NO BRAIN..HE DOES SOMETHING WORST..MAN THIS GUY HAS A BRAIN SMALLER THAN AN OSTRICH'S BRAIN(SIZE OF AN EYEBALL) I THINK HE'S BEEN TAKING TOO MUCH NYQUIL. WELL IT'S NOT TOO BAD, NOW WE CAN TERMINATE HIS CONTRACT

16. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Think about it again my fren; that is not caring, THAT IS FOOLISHNESS. Jeopardizing both parents lives is definitely not caring just plain stupid and naive.

17. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

It's more of a background thing, than it is relevant about the story.

18. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Why should we support him? Because he plays for the Rockets? We don't know anything about him as a person. What we do know is he's been lazy and immature on and off the court. He's punched out a teammate at Seton Hall, been busted for weed, was involved in violent activity at his house, and who knows what.

It's too early to judge Eddie Griffin but giving him support when he hasn't shown 1 ounce of responsibility is premature.

If you're talking about supporting your fellow brother, kumbayah my friend, kumbayah, well sure, aren't we all for that.

19. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

first please dont type in caps again
    and second, this is just a pointless post

20. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

One thing that stood out to me was the fact that the cousin said he didn't see anything, but the woman did. My take on it is that his cousin is standing up for his boy, not telling the police anything, but the woman is either shook up by what happened or just wants to tell the truth, so she says Eddie was there beatin on some woman. As much as I want to believe that EG is innocent, I think he just did the stupidest **** in his life and tried to get his cousin to stand up for him...