1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Distance to #1 seed and #4 seed in the West

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeAleck, Dec 9, 2005.

1. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

well we could of beat dallas if Juwon was healthy...but nonetheless we should played for the 6th seed to destroy the sonics.

Jordan would of lost to Hakeem in 95, just as he lost to Shaq. The Bulls teams never faced an inside presence.

2. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

I refuse to believe that in their 6 championship runs and 24 playoff series, they never faced an inside presence.

Shaq, Mourning, Ewing, Malone, Kemp, Barkley...

Just because they didn't face Hakeem, it doesn't mean they never faced an inside presence.

3. DeAleck

Update:

#1 seed (SAS): 9.5 gb (-0.5) :(
    #4 seed (Mavs): 7.5 gb (-0.5) :(

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

6th Seed will be ours

Rocket River

5. parlaynhustle

parlaynhustle Contributing Member

i wouldnt want to get 8th seed and face the spurs in the 1st round...i hope we atleast get the 7th spot

6. sun12

sun12 Member

Absolutely wrong! The 90s Rox had to avoid Supersonics to win the 2 championships!

7. sun12

sun12 Member

Rox can't beat the Bulls because Rox only has one star. I am sure Bulls will play as much "illegal" defense against Hakeem as the Supersonics did.

8. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

The Bulls were allowed to play that illegal D during the regular season too, right? Guess what...the Rockets were the only team to have a winning regular season record vs Jordans' Bulls. And for all of his lunacy, Vernon Maxwell played Jordan as tough as anyone. MJ admitted as much.

9. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Yes, thank you. Everyone forgets that Jordan was actually in the playoffs in 95. He just lost.

Its not the Rockets' fault that the Bulls and Sonics couldn't advance in the years they won championships.

I could just as easily question the legitimacy of Jordan's 6 titles because he never had to play the Rockets. :D

10. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

If by infinitely you mean 5.5 games...

11. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

I agree. Go for the #6 seed.

12. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

SA is the best team in the league and they're too far to catch dallas for 4, so maybe 5 will be cool. Once they get rollin, they'll be alright.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No kidding. It kills me that people forget that. Hey, we'll be in the playoffs. Maybe not the seed most of us thought we'd get, but once you're in anything can happen. The Rockets have proved that in the past.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

check the ROX's record against the bulls
    in that era

Rocket River

15. DeAleck

Update:

#1 seed (SAS) - 9 games back (+0.5) :)
    #4 seed (Mavs) - 8 games back (-0.5) :(

16. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

# 8 seed (DEN) -> 3.0 GB

And the Nuggs (3-7 road) are in Charlotte (4-5 home) Tuesday evening. :)

17. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

I am telling you the BEST place for the Rockets is 6th seed, and the absolute WORST place is the 5th seed. We potentially could have home court in the 1st round against the worst division winner as a 6th seed (probably will be Minny) and stay away from the Spurs as long as possible.

#5 is a terrible place. You open at likely the 2nd or 3rd best WC team only to play a rested #1 seed (Spurs) next series. In fact I'd rather be #8 than #5. At least then we take on the Spurs on even rest rather then getting them the following round. Anything but #5 is where to be.

We are 5.5 back from Minny. Aiming for them should be out #1 team goal. Ideally in the west it goes #1 SA, #2 Phx/Lac, #3 Minny, #4 Dall, #5 LAC/Phx #6 Hou going into the playoffs.