1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Disney+ TV] Star Wars: Andor

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, May 26, 2022.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

My only complaint about the show is I don't think they did a great job in the early episodes making it clear that Maarva was that important to the community.

fchowd0311 and Yung-T like this.
  2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

What about the Kenari plot? What a waste of time.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Watch all the credits after the last episode

Yung-T, marks0223 and Rocket River like this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I enjoyed it too
    I think the WORLD of Star Wars is more interesting than Solos or Skywalkers

Rocket River

dobro1229 likes this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I still haven't watched for this reason.

Are you telling me this show has the pacing and story building of the Expanse with the action expectations of SW movies?

dobro1229 likes this.
  6. heypartner

I would say no. This is not just some long arc, with a season-finale. There are three major plots, each executed very well, each with a build-up to climax, all in 12 episodes…that is aside from a long arc like Expanse has. That is, it’s not just a well-done, long-arc rebels v empire

spoiler naming the three plots
    a multi-Ep bank heist. A multi-Ep prison escape. And the long-arc, rebels v empire season-finale.

#126 heypartner, Nov 25, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
    dobro1229 likes this.
  7. PhiSlammaJamma

I am not sure they can or will ever resolve the missing sister. They can't do a shock reveal because they did the same thing in Solo. So that would be amateur. They would have to get real creative if she is alive to make it interesting. Not dealing with her was kind of real in the sense that he was definitely tied up in bigger shiot.

Liked the ending, my only suggested change to it would have been for her last words to be "Now is your reckoning." And then I think the climatic payoff could have been amplified. They did a great job of building the tension and putting everyone is the same location for added drama.

On one hand I liked the result of the final scuffle being low key because it kept it real, as in it wasn't really an organized counterattack by the Andorians, and the empire still handled the situation. Stormtroopers actually shot and hit stuff, lol. But I do think the audience would have had a bigger climatic payoff if the tables had been turned on the empire right then and there with a planned and well-orchestrated surprise. That said, I trust the Directors have a reason for keeping it like they did. They always have.

This was high end quality stuff from start to finish. It's rare. But that was it.

#127 PhiSlammaJamma, Nov 25, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
  8. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Best Star Wars yet. They kind of ham fisted the woke lesbian arc, so I’m certain that Bix is the long lost sister. It’s time that Hollywood normalizes incest.

Yung-T, Buck Turgidson and heypartner like this.
  9. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Didn’t she and Cassian used to date?

10. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

thus the incest comment. ( though my remark was slightly—though not totally—tongue in cheek)

11. heypartner

Sister could be Cinta

feisty rebel like Andor, similar looks to the sister, and gives the “ham-fisted woke lesbian arc” more meaning!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#131 heypartner, Nov 26, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
    Yung-T and clos4life like this.
  12. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I’m totally okay with the sister storyline disappearing at this point. Don’t really care about his past anymore as that has been explored and hoping they focus on the future in the next season.

really feel like this is one of the best shows I’ve watched in 22. Much better than LOTR and GOT series that were both just okay. Can’t wait for season two. About time Disney got something right

Yung-T likes this.
  13. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

There's a post credits scene that shows how those gadgets they were making in the prison are being used. Left the room while the credits were going on and had to rewind when I heard something.

Yung-T likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

Same, only way I saw it on the first watch.

Very cool.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

For those who haven't watched Andor, I suggest watching this video. The manifesto is written and said by a what seems like a minor character in the show but his words inspire and become very important by the end of the first season.

If this kind of stuff moves you, this show is going to be an all-timer for you.

The season finale man. Two monologues that just made you have to try so hard to hold back tears.

Never has Star Wars content made me try to hold in so much tears. And this show can move you and put you at the edge of your seat with nothing but dialogue.

Blake likes this.
  16. marky :)

marky :) Member

It was great that it didn't just automically throw him into the front as an appointed 'leader' but showed how he influences others(without him really noticing). They really built great supporting characters and probably the best well written 'new' SW movie/show.

Blake, Yung-T and fchowd0311 like this.
  17. fchowd0311

The action in Andor to me is more special because it's more of a tension release than just flash and spectacle like in other Star wars series.

The stakes are higher because it's non-jedis doing human things with human consequences and the consequences can be tragic. So when action does happen it's like a powder keg explosion of tension built up from multiple episodes.

clos4life likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

Probably the most tears per episode Star wars content in existence. Man this show pulls on the heart strings.

19. fchowd0311

Agree. They made it.clwar by the second half of the season but this was the least naturals part. It didn't show how she was so reveled by the community. But I guess it also shows how tight nit the community.

But that isn't fault of the actress. She absolutely killed her speech in the finale.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Oh yeah, all the acting was great and she was awesome. I just didn't realize until that episode before that there was anything more than a handful of people who cared about her. It's nitpicking. I'm not taking away from the show at all. LOVED IT. But I think that was something they could have fleshed out a tad bit.

I thought they were basically misfits hiding amongst a group of other outcasts on this planet. They talked about how she didn't want anyone to know where they were from, etc. Just didn't realize she was this big important person. The idea that the whole community would stop for her funeral and end up rebelling because she told them seemed surprising to me. But a great scene none the less.

Wish Disney would have let them use the "F**K THE EMPIRE!" quote instead of fight like she wanted lol.

Yung-T and fchowd0311 like this.