1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Disney+ TV] Star Wars: Andor

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, May 26, 2022.

1. Buck Turgidson

George Costanza's boss

Jontro and CrazyJoeDavola like this.
  2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Another rebel faction leader who Skarsgard tried to set up a joint raid with Forest Whitaker's group.

Yung-T likes this.
  3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

“Andor” Set For ABC, FX, Hulu Airings

“Star Wars” series “Andor” has scored rave reviews, with those who’ve watched it getting almost fervent in their excitement over it in the past two weeks.

The trouble is that too few people are actually watching. So, in an effort to drum up the series’ viewership, Disney is using the full force of its distribution platforms to try and hook people in.

The Mouse House have announced that ABC, FX, Freeform and Hulu will air the show’s first two episodes over the Thanksgiving holiday. The airings will coincide with the show’s season finale – thus allowing those who do have a taste of these episodes and like them to then binge on the entire run via the Disney+ service.

The episodes will be available on ABC on Wednesday, November 23rd; On FX on Thursday, November 24th and on Freeform on Friday, November 25th with all airing from 9-10:30 pm. In addition, the two episodes will be available on Hulu from November 23rd through December 7th.

The first ten episodes are streaming on Disney+, with the finale to air Wednesday, November 23rd.

Source: Disney

https://www.darkhorizons.com/andor-set-for-abc-fx-hulu-airings/

4. Duncan McDonuts

Set-up episode for the season finale was good. Highlight was Skarsgard again. The space battle was like a scene from Gundam.

Beezy and GRENDEL like this.
  5. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

I seriously hope this leads Disney to explore a more serious take on Star Wars. This series so far has been better than anything I've seen between Marvel and Star Wars.

clos4life, Jontro, Beezy and 2 others like this.
  6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Really looking forward to the finale.....

Beezy likes this.
  7. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

That space battle was great. Series is very similar to Rogue One (well duh) it’s keeping the same serious grittiness and it’s really, really good.

clos4life, GRENDEL and Beezy like this.
  8. Beezy

Beezy Member

That scene between Saw and Luthen, and Luthen's escape.

[​IMG]

#108 Beezy, Nov 17, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
  9. Beezy

Beezy Member

Hopefully the TV airings will give the show more visibility, but the first 2 episodes are the slowest of the series.

10. Duncan McDonuts

If that's all they're airing on network TV, their plan is gonna crash and burn. Like the death star did. Twice.

11. PhiSlammaJamma

That escape from the tractor beam was well thought out. Very good. Believable. And looked good. Much better than Obi hiding Leiah under his robe.

Jontro, clos4life and Yung-T like this.
  12. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

This show is so good. Loving it.

mikol13, clos4life and Yung-T like this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

Mileage may vary, but this is the best thing "Star Wars" has done (along with the Mandalorian and Rogue One) since Empire Strikes Back.

14. plates300

plates300 Member

this series is nothing short of amazing. can't wait for the next season.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Full agreement. Throw away everything Star Wars since Return of the Jedi (I know Ewoks suck, but it worked for me as a movie). Rogue One as a stand alone and then Andor and Mandalorion. The rest of the story of Star Wars is untold in my mind. 6 of the 9 movies aren't cannon for me lol.

Buck Turgidson, mikol13 and Jontro like this.
  16. clos4life

clos4life Member

Having watched all 12 episodes this series competes with the Mandalorian (maybe even surpasses it in some aspects), which is impressive to say because it's a very grounded approach without any Jedi, bounty hunters or some of the more usual Star Wars fantasy elements and tropes. Loved it and would highly recommend to anyone.

fchowd0311 and mikol13 like this.
  17. Duncan McDonuts

So do we think Syril is gonna boink Dedra?

Jontro likes this.
  18. Beezy

Beezy Member

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Andor in a nutshell: The best fandom franchise show in years that I couldn’t stay awake during.

There’s a ton of cool things going on here. The Star Wars sets are subtle but freaking awesome in this world. The acting is terrific. The directing is stellar. The score is phenomenal. There’s lore but not over the top. However it does lose you in dialog and side character plot lines that are very hard to follow and often are only said in subtle low volume conversations. I can usually handle that but for some reason the combinations of factors led to me getting very drowsy every single episode minus a few of the episodes. There are two episodes that are based in a very bright all white setting and I had no problem with staying wide awake on those two episodes.

Just something for future filmmakers to hopefully think about. I think it was good though even though i felt I need to watch it again. I’ll just probably grab some recaps though before season 2.

Rocket River likes this.
  20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Kill me or bring me in.