1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disney/MGM/Universal

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by A-Train, Aug 15, 2005.

1. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Well, I just did six theme parks in six days. I'll try to keep it brief. Here are my personal rankings of the parks I went to...

1) Islands of Adventure: The Hulk is the best coaster I've ever been on, without a doubt. You get halfway up the first hill, then all of a sudden your travelling about 100 mph uphill into the first corkscrew turn. Spiderman is also an awesome ride, combining a 3D show with a rollercoaster.

2) MGM studios: An excellent combination of shows and rides. The Aerosmith coaster was excellent, with some great visual effects mixed in with the ride. They also have a car stunt show that's pretty cool.

3) Universal Studios: It was raining most of the day, so that ruined a little of the excitement, but still a good park. The Fear Factor Live show is awesome. Shrek 4D and Terminator 2 3D were also pretty cool.

4) Animal Kingdom: The Safari was pretty cool, and there are a couple of good water rides. The Bug's Life 3D show was awesome

5) Epcot: Mission: Space was the big highlight here...a great space simulator that really cranks up the G forces. They even provide you with your own complimentary barf bag. Soarin' is a new ride that's pretty neat, also. It takes you on a hang gliding trip through California.

6) Magic Kingdom: Sorry, but this place was a little too "slow paced" for me. I guess I'm just used to rollercoasters and big thrill rides. It probably would have been better if I had a kid along with me. The best part of the evening was the electric parade and the fireworks.

As for the area itself, they aren't kidding when they say it rains every day. It was either raining, or it looked like it was about to rain.

Oh, and if you're ever in the Central Florida area, you have to check out the APPLIANCE DIRECT guy on TV. He's this Asian guy that makes Mattress Mac look like an amateur when it comes to cheesy commercials...

2. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    LMAO! I'm gonna use that on this BBS

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

At first, I thought William Hung got an new endorsement deal.

4. ddly_tng

ddly_tng Member

Islands of Adventure was definitely the highlight of my trip when I went to Orlando this past summer too.

Did you get to ride the Mummy Returns ride at Universal?

I am looking forward to riding this beast next summer.

[​IMG]

Kingda Ka. Six Flags Great Adventure. New Jersey.

5. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

I went to Disney at the beginning of summer for during Star Wars weekend. They had guys dressed as storm troopers patrolling the entrance, which was the only cool part. They'd had a different guest every weekend from the movies. My weekend was the kid who played young Bobba Fett and like the asst artistic director. Doh! I would've preferred Warwick Davis or Peter Mayew.

I got so many fast passes to Aerosmith I'd spend half a day riding that thing. Also the only ride I bought a t-shirt for.

At the Animal Kingdom, it was so ridiculously hot but those lemonades they sold over by Africa land or whatever were the best I've ever had. Btw... anyone find it a bit odd that they put Africa at the animal kingdom and not Epcot with all the other countries/continents? I guess bc of all the safari themed rides. My friend who is black was with me and was like "cracka-ass Walt Disney" in jest, which was hilarious, but still. Also at Epcot, they overlooked India and the entire Middle East (which I dont suppose would be too popular these days) but they'd have some really boring smaller other countries I could care less about. One country had a whole ride dedicated to the country's offshore oil rigs, bears, and the fact that they used to believe in magic. In China they have real Chinese people serving Americanized Chinese food which made me laugh (got it twice anyway). Love my Americanized Chinese food!

#5 HAYJON02, Aug 15, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2005
  6. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

How could you forget Tower of Terror? That's my favorite ride there.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

that ride is fantastic. completely disorienting from start to finish...very creepy.

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I liked the reviews, A-Train but... ummm... you went to all these by yourself!!! Friggin' Pedophile... what's your nickname, gooman35? :mad:

jk. ;)

Seriously, though... you went by youself?? :p
    I couldn't see adults, esp. you, walking these parks ALONE.
    I've gone 2 times and both with my family (2 kids, 1 wife ;) ), and am waiting until they can get into the bigger rides so we can go to Universal and the bigger roller coasters.

9. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

10. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I was in Cali for business a few years back and had some down time. I figured I'd go to Disneyland, having grown up near Disney World. I was by myself and had a horrible time. Plus, Disney Land sucks in comparison to DW.