1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Disney Films] Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Jun 4, 2018.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

2. marky :)

marky :) Member

Why is it not called Ralph WRECKS the Internet?

Invisible Fan and fallenphoenix like this.
  3. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

This is probably sad to admit this but I actually would want to see this movie despite having a 9 year old son. I thought the first one was a really good movie with a lot of great old school video game references.

boomboom, daywalker02 and fba34 like this.
  4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

It seems kind of like the Emoji Movie with better product placement.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

will he meet that ready player one breh?

6. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I really liked the first one.

This looks bad. I will watch it. Since they must be more to the movie than the first trailer.

boomboom likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lerbon wrecks the Interweb.

8. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really enjoyed the first one. I'm both worried and hopeful about this one. We will see which one is justified once it comes out. I'll give it a shot.

boomboom and No Worries like this.
  10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The first one was tightly scripted, where one could see the hand of Pixar (John Lasseter).

Walt Disney Animation Studios's latest output, Wreck-it-Ralph, Frozen, Big Hero 6, and Zootopia, all have been well scripted. One would hope that will continue.

mikol13 likes this.
  11. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

12. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

John Lasseter earns every penny he is paid. He's resurrected Disney animation. While Pixar is still great, they certainly miss Lasseter's influence.

13. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Saw screening last night, I absolutely loved it, just as good as the first, less video game references, more internet references. Loved the subtle Easter eggs and late 99/early 2000 internet references. A bit much on the product placement, but eff it, Disney owns majority of it anyway.

Gal Gadot's Shank character was very well written, great addition to the cast while I was happy that Felix/Calhoun was barely in the movie.

Surprisingly the Disney Princesses play a pretty big role, more than a cameo, but not major characters
    The crowd I was in had an "awww" sad moment when Stan Lee showed up in a cameo
    Be on the look out for Easter Eggs when Ralph goes to the "trash" of the internet

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I saw this movie last night and I liked it. It didnt have the same charm the original did for me but it was still pretty cool. My favorite easter egg was actually not an internet or video game reference it was barely noticeable. It was from an old disney cartoon. After that the disney princesses scenes were great

In one of the scenes where Ralph is talking to Vanellope in the background you can see the bottom half of an animated bear - and this is why it stuck out to me since everything else was cgi - picking up trash off the ground. It was taken from an old disney cartoon called - in the bag. I had the song from the cartoon stuck in my head the rest of the movie lol.

Dave2000 likes this.
  15. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

[​IMG]
    For that reason I'm out. The video game references, alongside a genuine story sort of made the first one timeless. This just strikes me as a snarky attack on current culture. Generally speaking, the needless sequels are a big reason why I loathe Disney. Toy Story 17, Star Wars 56, Cars 25, are all stories I don't need to see. But hey, if you liked it great.

16. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

It definitely lost a bit of its charm and wasn't near as good as the first. Still enjoyable, but just slightly above average.

17. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

I don't know if I liked it better than the first one because the first movie really set the script and was very creative. That being said, I definitely enjoyed the sequel but in a different way. Make sure you stay all the way past all the credits because there are two stingers after the movie.

18. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I'll probably take my 5 year old to see this today. We just watched the original last week and she loved it.

19. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Saw it Thursday. I enjoyed it. The first is one of my older sons favorite movies. He liked this one but said he still liked the first better. It is worth seeing if you enjoyed the first one.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I saw on facebook it explained as:
    A Movie about how women asserting themselves can be seen as an attack on
    Male Masculine insecurities and how it is men's duty to remedy this among men . . . .

I was like. . .wait what?

Rocket River