1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dish Network

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jonjon, Mar 7, 2011.

1. jonjon

jonjon Member

Due to a long and exhaustive story full off frustration, TERRIBLE customer service, and unfair billing practices I've recently canceled my cable and Internet service with Comcast (Crap-Cast).

However, this past weekend I had Dish Network installed. The tech was late, but he did a QUALITY installation that lasted well over three hours. So with the reasonable pricing, millions of HD channels, and quality installation I'm, so far, pleased with Dish.

I was wondering if anyone else has had any experiences with Dish Network (Good or Bad). I know about the FSN SW debacle this past Fall, but are there any other issues/percs that I should be beware or aware of?

Thanks

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

We've had Dish for a few years now and aside from them not having very good free on-demand shows, we have been quite pleased. The first week we had it, we had a fairly bad snow/ice event that knocked out service for 8-12 hours (we live in Minnesota). I don't know what happened, but we have had much worse weather than that in the subsequent 3 years and have yet to have a service interruption for more than a couple of minutes (and those events are extremely rare - maybe 5 times in 3 years).

The Dish boxes have worked just fine and I have a Slingbox connected up to one and it works well also.

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

I had Dish for a couple of years and loved it. The multi-room DVRs were weird, but it was rock solid. I only switched to DTV due to Sunday Ticket. I'm equally as happy with them.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Member

I went DirectTV instead of Dish, as I was then supposed to get UVerse when it came to my area. DirectTV has worked so well, I just stuck with it, even though UVerse is available, as I don't want to leave a good thing.

But I think a majority will agree, most everything is better then Comcast.

5. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Channels 492 - 498

Seriously...the Dish/Sling stuff is pretty cool. I stream Rockets games to my Evo when I'm out and it works pretty well.

6. Dave2000

Dave2000 Member

My only rant with Dish, there have been a few games where I get the daily Rockets broadcast emails during the season and itd say the other providers, comcast/uverse/direct tv has the game in HD but not on Dish Network, but its only been maybe a handful of games so far this season

7. david12sfa

david12sfa Member

I have had Dish for 3 years now and could not be happier. The only service I will ever get from Comcast is internet.

8. Hicklander

Hicklander Member

Having had dish and comcast.. Dish service is a million times better...plus cheaper and less pushy