1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

dish network rockets blackout?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by wreck, Oct 24, 2008.

1. wreck

wreck Member

So i just got dish network. i ordered it last week and got it installed this past sunday. they sold me the 100 plus which includes regional sports channels, including fox sports net.

well last night i was trying to watch the preseason game and it said that the game was unavailable.

i called today and they said it was blacked out and that i needed another sports package to watch it which is 5.99. i was like wtf? why would fsn rockets game be blacked out in houston? and how many sports packages do i have buy to watch all my rockets games?

it just doesnt make sense to me. the worst part is that i got a 2 year contract and i dont know how i could get out of it without paying additional fees.

we any dish network subscribers here able to watch last nights game on fsn?

is there a way to get out of the contract without playing additional fees since its only been a week?

im really pissed off i mean i just want to watch the rockets all 82 games and that is the ONLY reason that i got dish...

help...

2. wreck

wreck Member

by watch the game on fsn i mean fsn houston

3. BmwM3

BmwM3 Member

You couldn't get U-Verse? If I would have to sign a contract, I wouldn't go with that company.

4. wreck

wreck Member

not in my area. yea i should have known better.

5. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Dish Network puts Rockets and Astros games on the alternative sports channels. Start on Channel 416 and click on your guide so you can see the program lisitngs and work your way up to channel 500. You'll see games listed around the country but the only one that will work is the houston game. If you click on a houston game and it still doesn't work, you make have clicked the other cities feed...keep looking and you find the houston feed. A lot of times you'll find it on channel 444/455 IICR.

6. wreck

wreck Member

are all games on different channels or are most of them on fsn. cuz that makes it really difficult to dvr

7. codell

codell Member

they are all on FSN, but FSN on Dish has several different channels (alternate channels) like marks0223 said.

You have to purchase the regional sports package to insure that you have access to the game that aren't blacked out otherwise.

8. shaaz w

shaaz w Member

You have the 100 Plus package. the alternate sports channels are not included in the 100 plus package

you have 2 options....

1. Upgrade your plan to America's top 200 package
    2. Pay the $5.99 to get the sports package added to your existing Top 100 package

I recently got DISH and was able to see the game yesterday since I have the Top 200 package.

It comes on channels 441 to 451 or something like that.

and the sad part is, if you have HDTV and have HD programming..... there is no guarantee that you will get the games in HD because they jump between the Alternate channels and therefore can be shown at different channels at different times, and not all channels are in HD so sometimes you have to watch the game in SD which sucks!!

hope this helped

9. wreck

wreck Member

thanks. they gave me the 5.99 free for 5 months so i guess thats a good thing. its gonna be hard to dvr the games since its impossible to know what channels they're on. i do have hd...will be disappointing to see all the games in hd.

10. wreck

wreck Member

fixed....

11. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Member

I got out of my Dish contract due to Ike. They have contingencies for disaster. They also mentioned they cover for fire. It's not honest, but you could always call and say your house burned down, including your dish receiver, and you're now homeless and living with your mom and she won't let you have Dish. It's similar to what I did, although I decided to transfer Dish over to my new addy instead of canceling.