1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dish Network is RIPPING me off...what other options do I have?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by emoreland, Dec 4, 2008.

1. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

I live out in the country, about 10-15 minutes from the city and therefore cable is not available to me. I have been using dish because I was on one of those special promotion plans where I sign up for 18 months and I get the first 10 months for 19.99 a month and 30.00 for the remaining 8 months. Well that has all expired and now I am going month to month. I cant tell you the countless number of mishaps and wrong charges to my credit card and I am beyond fed up with these people. This so-called "29.99" is actually about 52.00 a month and I dont have ANY extras like dvr or HD added.

My question is this: what other options do I have? What other satellite companies are there besides DirecTV? I could go with them for a year for 29.99 a month but then it escalates to 60-something dollars a month for just the basics. Then I would be forced to go back to these idiots at dish and I dont ever want to do that. I live in West Texas so what should I do? :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. Miguel

Miguel Member

3. emoreland

Your mom doesn't have a big enough tv. ;)

4. bmb4516

bmb4516 Member

Call their customer service line and tell them you want the same package that current new subscribers get or you're going to switch to direct tv. This will ONLY work if you are willing to make the switch though. If they call a bluff, you better be willing to cancel on the spot.

5. Austin70

Austin70 Member

That was a momma joke.

6. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Member

You should move closer to civilization.

7. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Member

This looks like a nice spot:

[​IMG]

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Direct TV?

Does Cable go to your house? What about AT&T Uverse?

DD

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Considering cable costs more than dish and directv. I don't think you much of an option.

10. mrdave543

mrdave543 Member

I dont understand why you think they are ripping you off either, if you can find a cheaper cable/satellite company that services your area use them.

Just because you think the price is high and cant find a cheaper option, that means you are getting ripped off??

11. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Having taxes and fees that nearly double your bill is ripping you off. Every place isn't like that.

12. DaDream

DaDream Member

have you ever heard of FTA? it is pretty much the greatest thing on earth.

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

You're going to pay about the same no matter where you go. If you want to be cheap, you will have to keep switching back between TV companies to get new customer deals. $50-$60 is your average for a full basic package.

14. Uprising

Uprising Member

Did you even read the OP? :confused:

15. Smokey

Smokey Member

I'm surprised there aren't more of these threads.

In the Houston area, I'm not saying Comcast is better BUT you better look at the fine print of those dish deals before switching over.

16. emoreland

Why is Apollo the only one making any sense? I told the people at dish the SAME EXACT THING and amazingly enough they agreed to knock off 11.00 so basically im paying 40.00 after taxes. I talked to the guy and just explained that I was ready to ship the receiver and remote back to them and cancel everything. I was calm about everything and told him that all I really want is espn and the sports channels and we started talking about the Rockets and the NBA. Turns out he is a huge Dream fan and it got me a discount LOL. He agreed that taxes and the fees shouldnt be doubling my bill so he hooked me up. So I guess it turned out for the best. :p