1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dish dropping AMC. No More Walking Dead for DISH users.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by aeroman10, Jul 1, 2012.

1. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Not sure if this has already been posted but this morning I get an email from Dish about alternate ways to watch our favorite AMC shows such as the walking dead. I knew exactly what was happening at this point and this is ridiculous.

Apparently DISH is dropping AMC and other channels because of some lawsuit that has been going on since 2008.

I only watch the Walking Dead on AMC but it really pisses me off how Dish is handling this. Instead of working this out and not involving customers they send out emails about how to watch the shows on other services that you have to pay for? Really? I might as well then drop them if I have to pay for other media services...

Also, according to AMC website, ATT Customers were going to loose the network on July 1.

http://www.keepamcnetworks.com/dish/

To continue to make your voice heard:

Call 855-KEEP-AMC
    Contact DISH on Twitter by tweeting to @dish and @dish_answers.
    Email DISH executives directly and tell them you don't want to lose your favorite channels:
    Charlie Ergen, Chairman of the Board: charlie.ergen@echostar.com
    Joe Clayton, President and CEO: joseph.clayton@dishnetwork.com
    Tom Cullen, Executive Vice President: thomas.cullen@dishnetwork.com
    Dave Schull, SVP, Programming: dave.shull@dishnetwork.com
    Carolyn Crawford, VP, Programming: carolyn.crawford@dishnetwork.com

Thank you for your support.

2. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

AMC and ATT are continuing negotiations.

3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Wait wtf? I had no idea U-Verse may lose it as well. I will drop them in a heartbeat if true.

4. aeroman10

Here is the AMC / ATT site:
    http://www.keepamcnetworks.com/att/

Looks like Dish already dropped AMC.
    Screw them...

5. VanityHalfBlack

Damn that really blows.. Not only do you have to wait for season 3 to hit dvd/bluray but now that sopa is monitoring every internet user, it's going to be even harder to get torrents or streaming??

6. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

I thought sopa didn't pass

7. aeroman10

Does anyone know how quickly new episodes are posted on Amazon streaming? I have prime and now that PS3 has Amazon player that maybe my option. I still want to watch it when it originally airs and not have to wait.

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Next morning or afternoon for just about anything.

9. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

AMC may have an identity complex about its status as an "anchor" network, the type that people buy an entire cable package for. They have three or four shows that could be gone in three years; other than their redundant film library I don't know what else they have for cable providers.

10. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

One more reason I hope we eventually move towards an internet-based portal system in which individuals pay to subscribe to a channel (or family of channels like NBC/Universal, Fox/FX, Viacom, Turner, etc).

11. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

Yeah, I want to cancel my Dish.. the only channels I watch are TNT, ESPN, CNN, FSN, Fox News, NBA TV, local channels and that is pretty much it. Also, I pretty much only watch TNT, FSN during the NBA season.. so during the off-season I don't use them at all.

I wish there was a way to subscribe to just those channels.. it's ridiculous. I have to get the 120+ Dish Package to watch FSN.

12. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Of all shows to name, you choose The Walking Dead as the premier show for AMC?

AMC has some pretty good leverage. They've hit jackpot on critically acclaimed shows for the past 5 years. However, as pouhe said, they only got another 2-3 seasons before they end some of the big guns, but that's still 2-3 seasons of leverage to negotiate for that big contract.

13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Never going to happen unless they can force everyone to bundle internet and cable services and pay double the fees, $300 a month for anything. It doesn't help that cable networks will all be merged with cable providers at some point, so the conglomerates will never cannibalize the cable providers, their largest and least competitive revenue stream.

14. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

I just recently got Dish, and the new Hopper. I really am digging it. It does suck however that I might lose AMC.

15. aeroman10

Yeah because the Walking Dead is the only thing that I watch on AMC. Don't care about their other shows or IFC / WE Tv.

16. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

You might lose it for a week, maybe two weeks until they finish negotiating. Happens every couple of years or so with different programmers when their contracts are up. Good luck to you either way.

17. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Dish ****ing sucks anyway if you are doing satellite tv directv is the only way to go.

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I would be a lot more concerned about losing Breaking Bad, not a piece of crap like the Walking Dead

19. 713

713 Member

Breaking Bad > The Walking Dead

20. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

Sopa hasn't passed, yet.