1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disgusting ANTIFA: Pure Terrorist Group

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by crash5179, Nov 7, 2018.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm happy to oblige, but are you looking for a source about antifa at portland university protests, that pro-palestinians activists think Starbucks supports the war in Gaza, or that antifa thinks they're awesome but really they're not?

2. Buck Turgidson

Battle in Seattle, Occupy Wall Street, etc...

Amiga likes this.
  3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

this part, thx: Portland schools' Palestine protests seem to also get infiltrated by black-clad antifa troublemakers. I assume they're smashing up this Starbucks because they think that Starbucks has been in support of the attack on Gaza, which is a rumor passed around on Tiktok.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I saw something in an article about Oregon's protests. I was interested in Reed, but it looked like the state school had the bigger protest. But now I can't find the article. Maybe taken down or maybe I hallucinated the whole thing? I'll retract until I can find something.

I found an article: Protesters damage Pioneer Courthouse Square Starbucks, other property, police say (katu.com). Not just the Starbucks but many businesses along a pro-Palestine march route had windows smashed, graffiti-tagged, etc. So Starbucks might not been specifically targeted. The article does not confirm that it is an antifa group. It might amateurs who wear all black and wear masks (and carry umbrellas, lol) who decided to break things. Which is probably a distinction without a difference. My objection is to protesters who do not adhere to principles of nonviolence.

Amiga likes this.
  5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I think I've been to that Starbucks. It's one of the oldest Starbucks. It was also unionized last year.

Not much detail, which isn't atypical when it comes to large protests. It makes sense to assume that some elements of anti-business individuals joined in with the pro-Palestinian protest and did their usual anti-business thing. And they smashed a unionized store. Dumb.

But yeah, don't have many details on who, antifa or not, but it did look like they were generally targeting all the nearby businesses.