1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disgusted By JLin Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cincymmb, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Panda23

Panda23 Member

I don't even think Lin is a top20 PG yet everyone crying foul because I made the suggesting that Dragic got traded with a first round pick

did he get traded with a first round pick?

last time I checked he did

fake rocket fan sonofsam pls respond, PHX really made the most of that whole 25 games of Brooks post Manu

we're on a freaking message board and sonofsammy makes the statement that good players don't get traded with picks, at least posters like vluario are making sound discussion where as your contribution is FANBOY. LOL

it happens all the time players get traded with picks, a players talent level doesn't change because you attach a 5m or 10m contract to him name merely the value is augmented.

stop crying because you don't like Lin/LOFs

2. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

Calm down... its really not that serious.

I'll help you answer your question with another. Ask yourself, What am I still doing posting here?

3. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

lol'd at "vicious people"

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I believe that we don't believe you know how we felt toward Lowry and Dragic
    join Date Jan 2013 (aka not being on the board when they were here)

5. tinman

Supporting Member

They can stand in front of a mirror and ask themselves questions all day, the man in the mirror will probably tell them a lie back.

6. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

We heard you now get out and don't come back... And take your other LOF's with you..

[​IMG]

T_Man

7. doggoneit

doggoneit Member

Knicks fans were salty, bitter, and ungrateful... but the emotions seemed to be mostly because they're pissed at the Knicks organization for squandering talent again and they just vented at innocent Lin for lols.

But you all are vicious, ever since Day 1 Lin was signed here... you all acted like he kicked your dog when he had a GOOD game, and acted like he kidnapped your dog, starved it, and buried it alive when he had a BAD game.

At least Knick fans made it obvious they're just trolling for fun, but you all are not trolling. The mood was always deathly serious here when it came to Lin. I'm sure witches who got burned got better treatment than Lin when he was here... I'm glad it's over.

You all can bookmark this thread, remember my post below

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Tip jar bet? Put your money where your mouth is.

If Lin achieves 3 of the 5 things you mentioned, I drop $100 in the tip jar. If not you do it. Deal?

1 person likes this.
  9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

you forgot then the LOF's dug out the dog, threw it in boiling water while its alve, skinned it, cooked it, and prepared a 10 course feast with it

doggoneit!

10. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

This is flat out FALSE information and a straight up LIE

Most of the people on this board liked Lin and was pulling for the best for Lin..

The problem came with fans like yourself and other fans who only pulled for Lin.. You LOF's made the GARM miserable...

So as i stated before GET OUT and Don't come back....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  11. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

This thread still going on?

1) Lowry and Dragic were well liked by most Rockets fans. I was sad to see both go (but had no idea Harden would be available because of Lowry's exit)

2) The only way Lin averages those kind of numbers in LA are if Kobe doesn't play. Lin struggled when Harden dominated the ball, and needs the ball to have confidence/score. You think Kobe will command the ball less than Harden? And with Byron Scott as coach??

3) No way does Lin average 41% 3 point shooting. He didn't even crack 36% last year. And has never posted over a 45% FG%. 50/40/85 is ludicrous for someone who is unlikely to improve much over his current form.

4) No way in hell does Lin make ASG with the glut of talent/guards in the West. Only way is fan voting, which would be a travesty but entirely possible.

5) Beverley and Lin are equally inconsistent scorers. The difference is that Beverley is a stalwart defender, while Lin is below average. Beverley is also developing a catch and shoot 3 that has eluded Lin for the past two years (and would make him much more valuable). And Beverley doesn't make as many boneheaded decisions as Lin and doesn't take off for a layup without a plan. Lin hasn't learned to read that second line of defense.

This thread needs to die. Jeremy Lin seems like a nice guy and may make it as a 6th man on a playoff team or a starter on a non-playoff team. He is close to his ceiling in terms of development. He has a long way to go in terms of protecting the ball and making smart decisions, and thrives on quickness rather than dissecting defenses.

But he's a Laker now and really, any further discussion should be elsewhere. He's a faint memory in most Rockets fans' minds and isn't really relevant to the team moving forward. Good luck to him in L.A., unless he is playing against us.

12. doggoneit

doggoneit Member

1.) I hover from forum to forum and know you guys' attitude about their exit was "good riddance" to indifference at best

2.) Do you live on the moon? Kobe was already on decline prior to tearing his achilles and then breaking his leg. When he came back, there's no way he would go iso Kobe the way he was, commanding double or triple team... it would further expose him he's done. If you're following NBA news, Kobe's studying Paul Pierce, how to be more efficient as your athleticism declines, aka less touches, catch and shoot, easy spots to score, easy buckets. When Lin had the ball in his hands and given 100% green light, he consistently found people at the right spot at the right time for assists (from Jared Jeffries, Bill Walker, Landry Fields, to Omer Asik, Greg Smith, Motiejunas, Troy Daniels... most these dudes pray they'd play with Lin longer)... At this stage of his career, Kobe will certainly appreciate it.

3.) Never say never to gym rat. He shot 41 3PT% on catch and shoot... and shot 40 3PT% since February.

4.) Either by voting or coaches selection, he'll make it

5.) Stalwart defender for Bev? Dude got scorched badly by Lillard and Parker in reg season, and Lin shut them down. I believe there are stats that show Lin actually holds opponents to lower FG% one on one vs Bev. I can't buy Bev's hype being named into All NBA Second Defensive Team, not when Harden received votes... that got me loling hard.

13. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

He didn't step out of bounds. Been proven time and time again.

[​IMG]

LOFs are funny creatures.

I always said it would cost multiple picks to unload Jeremy Lin, but the fact it only cost one first rounder made it worth it. Not a good fit here at all.

2 people like this.
  14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Ironically, the majority of people on this board were very upset when we lost both Lowry and Dragic within 10 days in 2012 and were left with nothing else to do but sign Jeremy Lin.

The comparison is not Lowry and Dragic. The proper comparison to Lin with regard to our treatment of him as fans is Rafer Alston. The board viciously criticized him for his inconsistent shooting and we cringed at his tear drop. But at least he was one of the best, if not the best, dribbler in the NBA and never turned the ball over, plus played great defense...a prototypical, role-playing PG for Jeff van Gundy to use as a starter. No way JVG would ever start turnover-machines like Jeremy Lin

Lin vs Alston is the proper comparison for PGs in Houston history regarding their importance to the team
    Lowry and Dragic are on a completely different tier than Lin

Learn to live with that, and you will live a happier life.

15. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

1) should probably hover back to Lakersground. Dragic was/is loved here and Lowry, while more divisive, was generally liked

2) Kobe is Kobe. He isn't going to cede ground to Lin.

3) If he shot 40% consistently he wouldn't have ridden the Rockets bench in the Portland series. He had one stellar game, 3 decent games, and 2 really awful games. And literally lost one game all by his lonesome due to an inability to call timeout.

4) If he makes it over the 18 point guards who had a better RPM than him last year (featuring such luminaries as Nate Robinson and Greivis Vasquez) then the coaches know something that I don't.

5) Bev is an excellent defender. The numbers show it. Lillard was torching everyone that series and Bev was hurt and much less mobile. Bev was quite effective against Parker. I would take Bev over Lin on defense any day, as would all 30 NBA coaches/GMs. Your statement is ludicorus.

That's all I have to say to you because you must be trolling at this point, or have a vice grip on Lin's jock. The man is an average to above average NBA player that gave a fool's gold shine during Linsanity and will probably never live up to that again, but made his $$$. Seems like a good guy overall. Not worthy of a 1000 post thread in which nothing new is said and in which numerous delusions are bandied.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/z6Ad04Kuzdc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

[​IMG]

18. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

He was a pretty good fit here when there was NO PG to start the season.

He was a pretty good fit when he was paid 5 million a year for the first two seasons.

He was a pretty good fit when PB went down.

He only became a bad fit when he's due for 15 million.

If he was offered 15 million for 3 years, he wouldn't have been a fit here, good or bad; hence the poison pills. Rockets received his service for 2 years, and decided not to pay that 15 million. Of course other teams will demand compensation.

Les saved money; Morey got cap space; Lin looked forward to another chance somewhere else; you are happy that he's gone; Lin's fans are happy he's gone. Isn't this win-win-win-win for everyone?

But still, so many are holding personal grudge. One side keeps claiming how Rockets would regret, and another side keeps prophesying how Lin's going to fail or how Kobe will make him cry. Yeah right, it was so about the TEAM or FIT.

Did I forget to mention that the scrub was the reason Rockets missed the second round of playoffs, despite two cornerstones? One bad decision erases every single point before that, as if one basketball game lasts only one second, when it's associated to you-know-who.

I am so full after the last espresso with the 4-course dinner. Then I start to regret that I have to pay for the whole meal, as all I need is just that cup of espresso.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

doggoneit for CF MVP

20. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I disagree. He was always a poor fit next to Harden (we were talking about it in late 2012 here) and he didn't provide anything special or elite off the bench. The $15 million was only a bad fit for Les' wallet -- didn't have anything to do with fit on the floor.

Lin needs to be on a team with low expectations where he runs the show and has the ball. He will have to show marked improvement to be worthy of that role on a playoff team.