1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Disgusted By JLin Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cincymmb, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Razsan

Razsan Member

Here's an honest reply...(removing Lin glasses)
    Lin fans will look for a reason to come back to say "told you so". That should last until he either is no longer relevant or they've gotten to as...you put it, regain their honor. My guess is game 20-25 or so.
    If he does well, you'll have a few stragglers that are Rockets fans who pulled for Lin complaining that like (fill in the blank) before him, he was held back, wasn't allowed to..yada, yada, yada.
    Then you have guys like me who may stay around until McHale gets fired :grin:

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Not sure how one is considered to be a true rockets fan if he/she believes that the rockets org conspired to hold back a certain player for non basketball reasons

3. Razsan

Razsan Member

Not so much as conspired but maybe felt like a player wasn't used correctly.
    I'll use Ben Tate as an example. I'm sure there are fans that felt that the Texans should have utilized him differently.
    This becomes a moot point if Lin is only average for the Lakers.

BTW - again I'll be honest in saying that I don't know what the future holds for Lin. I don't have a 100% confidence that he he'll be an 18-20pt 8-10 assist guy.
    But I also don't think it's a given that he'll be a scrub...

4. traveler

traveler Member

lol

I know Lins future. He will continue to be inconsistent. He will TO the ball a lot and go into traffic and get lost. Lakers fans will scream for his head. He will be considered a big bust.

5. Razsan

Razsan Member

Or step up his game, surprise everyone with improved decision making, improve shooting percentage and drive haters crazy.

6. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

I consider Lin was held back but for basketball reasons. Harden was a better play maker and offense threat. It's too bad McHale wasn't creative enough to make them co-exist. The two just overlapped too much in need for ball in hand.

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

16 ppg, 6 apg, 3+TO.

44% FG, 33% three FG

Lin is a guy who needs a lot of touches and minutes to get into a rhythm and be an effective player. The problem is that he isn't good enough to get that many touches or minutes on a good team. Some guys are not meant to be role players but are not good enough to be star players. That's why he will likely be a journeyman throughout the remainder of his career.

8. zyt

zyt Member

and i know harens future too,

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Sam Presti is that you?

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

How do you know Harden's future when you don't even know English?

1 person likes this.
  11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I am 100% confident that Lin will not be an 18-8 player. He won't be a scrub statistically either, but even just mentioning 18-20 points and 8-10 assists is asking for people to say Lin fans are crazy.

18-8 has been done 109 times. Most by hall of fame or will be hall of fame players.

12. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

14 and 4 at the all star break, book it. With a stretch where he was great and a stretch where he was terrible. The guy still gets props for coming into the league the way he did and making himself a starting caliber player. He's just wildly inconsistent.

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Perennial all nba and all star player.

Future is looking good.

14. traveler

traveler Member

lol

No, he is what he is. He has had time to shine but he has flopped. Lakers was maybe the last place he needed to go. He will be lucky to survive one more year.

15. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

SMH...:eek:

Lin is not with the team anymore. So I understand your sentiment.

But it will not be the first time haters been proven wrong, and they will just keep hating. Cest la vie I guess.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

LA was probably one of the best places to go. the majority of the nba already have their starting pg solidified. Lakers on the other hand do not.

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You don't have 100% confidence that Lin will put up 20 and 10 next season?

Do you even recognize how ridiculous you sound? LOL

Chris Paul last season, 19.1 and 10.7 on a really good team.

18. Grydian

Grydian Member

Lin fans are learning a tough lesson in all of this. Consistency is worth more then flashy finishes. Winning as a team requires consistent effort. Bev plays are hard every game. He brings it. Lin half the time is confused anxious and makes hasty mistakes. If he were confidant and consistent he would be a better PG. However his head makes him fail and fail he does well. I can remember over and over Lin would drive down the court to jump before he passed and didn't have anyone to go to.. turnover.. it happens over and over. No coaching seems to help. He is a sad lost cause and not our problem anymore. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

19. Razsan

Razsan Member

Dude...give it a rest, I was trying to make a point.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Time out lin fans.
    Really call time out!
    We got the lead and time is ticking off
    Call timeout !
    Look out for mo!