1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disgusted By JLin Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cincymmb, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Now you've done it.

2. Razsan

Razsan Member

If it was honest basketball talk, that would be different but it's your brethren here that continue with the trash talk....mainly aimed at LOF's. So I gather that we're supposed to shut up and take it while your 'fans' blast us and Lin????
    BTW - 2 of the more ardent posters (including the OP) defending Lin and the thread were members before you joined.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

they were mario chalmers, they like to defend lin

here's some honesty, Lin got traded and it was really hard for the Rockets to trade him because he was overpaid and he was under performing

KlutchQT is right, if you are not a Rockets fan, you should never join

4. bongman

bongman Member

As Morey mentioned, flexibility. If CP does not meet our expectations of how a max player should play, it would have been very difficult and expensive for us to trade him(impossible was the word he used). The reason why we had Lin instead of Dragic is because of the contract arrangements (Dragic wanted an extra year guaranteed). This is nothing new with how Morey operates.

Yes Lin improved but relative to everybody else - he failed especially if you compare him to what Dragic did last year having an identical salary.

The point I was trying to make is that Lin had nobody to blame but himself.

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I'm not talking to or about the OP. I'm talking about people like you who have been candid about the fact that you do not like the Rockets, that you only followed because of Lin, and that you simply follow him from team to team. While OP may be genuinely concerned with the Rockets, you and those like you are not. You and those like you are here solely to antagonize. THAT is why people react to you the way they do, and you know it. But you get off on it for whatever reason -- so like I said, carry on.

1 person likes this.
  6. Roc Paint

7. Razsan

Razsan Member

I explained that to her in a different post. I HAD become a Rockets fan, my reason was Lin. We all become fans for different reasons. Some are from the area, some like team history, some like certain players.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

you should never put a player over the team, especially a bench player

if the Rockets were INXS, Lin would be the roadie, but you act like he's Michael Hutchence.

9. Razsan

Razsan Member

You need to go back and read my post to you. The Rockets are the ONLY other team I've rooted for because of Lin. I AM a Knicks fan...but was also an MJ fan and rooted for the Bulls back then. The thing that amazes me is that you forgive your fellow Rox fans when they are 10x more obnoxious than any Lin fan. I've seen your pals hunt down personal info on Lin fans and post it on this forum. I had one lovely poster insinuate that I was a pedophile. I have yet to see LOF's stoop to the level of some of the other posters here.

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Damn. /thread

[​IMG]

11. Razsan

Razsan Member

Can you show me where I stated he should be the GO TO guy and the primary on the team? Lin is a talented NBA player that will never be Lebron or Kobe, but can be a strong (maybe not all-star) starting PG, given the opportunity.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

Does anybody listen to NWA because of MC Ren? Does anybody listen to John Lennon because of Yoko? Do you listen to NSYNC because of Kris Kirkpatrick?

13. tinman

Supporting Member

He was given the opportunity and more money than any team in the league was offering him and he got treated very well by Rockets fans.

He is not idolized because he has never done anything that deserves that.

He didn't play well, that was clear. You can blame the coach for losing games, but you can't blame the coach for fundamental errors, shaky ball handling and inconsistency .

14. Razsan

Razsan Member

In fairness the Rockets were considered an opportunity for Lin...he wasn't Yoko when he left the Knicks...he was George Harrison. Unfortunately he joined a band that brought in Carlos Santana.

15. Roc Paint

The fact that you mentioned LeBron and Kobe in the same sentence with Lin is gold.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

The OP CLEARLY has not been following the season with much detail because he doesn't understand that trading Lin was very difficult to do because of team's not willing to take on his contract and that they were not high on him as a player.

Morey had to trade him cause the Rockets are in championship now mode and the Lakers are clearly not.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

He went David Banner, gamma rays and all

18. Razsan

Razsan Member

So I make a statement that is rational and you follow it with a derogatory remark. Nicely done....

19. tinman

Supporting Member

He's Julian Lennon,

Yes, It's much too late for goodbyes

20. Neped

Neped Member

I get your point or maybe I don't. Of course Asians root for Lin because he looks like him. Like the little girls rooted for Mo'ne Davis and maybe not her team. So what? I jumped on the bandwagon too and was sorry to see her team loose. :( The more I hear or read of people saying Lin is garbage the more I want him to succeed. Just saying. But enough is enough.