1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disgusted By JLin Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cincymmb, Jul 18, 2014.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

cause of these diseased fans think it's going to be 'linsanity', like it's christmas day every year. Linsanity only happened once.

These diseased people don't understand consistency.

Did LeBron James have a LeBronsanity? No. He's badass all the time.

2. Exiled

Exiled Member

On lakerGround, the L.A fans are upset cuz they think they will be too good to tank now:grin:

3. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

So, you're a Laker fan and a Rockets fan? Who do you root for when the two play? Hmmm, what if the Lakers finish above the Rockets? Will clutchfans have a hari kari problem?

4. Panda23

Panda23 Member

they had like 8 days before they had to cut him, they all said they liked what they saw but Flynn was on a more tradeable/useful contract

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Because the owner can be an idiot sometimes, and that was one of those times.

6. cincymmb

cincymmb Member

This.

7. Aleron

It really depends what we do with that trade exception, doesn't it?

8. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

He will get another contract and be a bench player if he doesn't improve or show improvement this year. don't think Lin would fade out easily or that soon - but it will be eventual though

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, comments like this is why this thread is still kicking I guess.

10. zdrav

zdrav Member

Exactly.

There is something oddly personal going on here. I mean, the Lin story resonated because it was indeed so personal for many people, from Asian Americans to anybody who ever felt overlooked.

So I understand why some people have a personal investment in seeing Lin succeed. What I don't get as much is why some people seem to have a personal investment in seeing him fail.

If they despise a secondary element like LOFs that much—to the point where they gleefully chuckle when they see the player himself fail—then there is something more bothersome going on. It's like their hate for Lin/LOFs is feeding some kind of pre-existing anger that feels good when released.

11. Aleron

People don't want to see Lin fail, it would have been awesome if he could have performed here, and not just justified, but outplayed his contract, sorta like Yao did before he broke down, even with the crazies.

Our issue with Lin was that he sucked. Our issue with his fans are that they're douchebags.

12. traveler

traveler Member

lol

Sums it all up nicely.

13. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

I know you'll never get it, but posts like this are the reason people on this board don't like Lin or his fans.

If Lin was a typical NBA player without his legion, he would have been subject to some criticism for his under-performance, but not that much, due to his lack of significance.

As it is, though, anyone who doesn't think Lin is a great player who is getting screwed by everyone is labeled a racist. This may come as a surprise to you, but people don't like being slandered like that.

14. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

If goes both ways - not every fan wants to be slandered like crazy Lin groupies (exact words from many posters) for supporting Lin while he's on the team, or wishing him do well.

Unlike some on both extreme ends of the spectrum, I personally have never visited that jemreylin website, but still get called LOF left and right. Even though I have never liked that infamous poison pill contract, nor have I ever considered Lin a very good PG, but simply because I am Asian, and don't think Lin is utter garbage, that's conviction enough to be labeled as LOF.

Let's be honest here, for whatever reason, blaming Lin's play, contract, or some of his fans, all you want to, plenty of posts have rooted him to fail, on or off the team. It is personal. It has nothing to do with basketball or "TEAM".

Now that Lin is gone, let's put a stop on those ridiculous straw man arguments, like "Lin fans claim Lin is the second coming MJ" or "Lin fans label everyone criticizing Lin as hater or racist".

No need to speak for others, labeling everyone as racist or LOF, or claiming no racist, LOF, nor LOH, is equally blind.

1 person likes this.
  15. Rocketfan_Dave

Rocketfan_Dave Contributing Member

Lol really?

There have been posts on this very thread that wants him to fail? There have been posts his appreciation thread that wants him to fail.

As much as the LoF crazies annoyed me. The behavior is some of the "real fans" have been way worse. While I have never been a big fan of his game, I find myself responding to these post because of all the crazy unjustified bashing he gets.

It just makes rocket fans look bad. The man is gone, the bashing needs to stop. And pretending that there has been no bashing and everyone wished him well is just delusional.

All the LoF left when he got traded, yet there are still people speaking out against this behavior. Are we all LoFs too?

16. Aleron

You are aware he's a member of the lakers now right?

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

That's the crazy thing about it. They act like Lin is their Jackie Robinson and he's being held back by morons who just can't see his All-NBA skills.

I could totally understand it if people of Asian descent idolized Yao Ming -- because he deserved it. Yao came into a league that mostly doubted he'd have much impact and totally kicked ass for a few years. Yao was their Jackie Robinson. So far, Lin has shown only the ability to light it up offensively if the situation is right. He's a poor defender and a poor passer (too many TO's) who's not very good as a floor general.

Nothing against Jeremy the person, who seems pretty genuine and likable, but if you're going to put someone with Asian heritage on a pedestal for being a great person with amazing basketball skills and a burning desire to be the best player and leader he can be, Yao is your man. Lin pales in comparison.

18. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

I'm not a Lin fan or hater. He wasn't great in Houston. He didn't suck either. Yeah, I agree - he was overpaid. That being said, we were fleeced in the trade. It wasn't worth it knowing what we do now.

How much is Houston under the cap?

Love isn't going to come to Houston. The best option left is Eric Bledsoe?? What a ****ty offseason.

19. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

it's just business.

Company's unload toxic assets all the time !

Cleans up the bottom line and helps them move forward with a clean slate.

20. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

re your parsons comment: You should be happy now, as he is OVERVALUED>