1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disgruntled Lowry feels it’s his time to move on

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BossHogg713, May 25, 2012.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

shame that lowry is lessening his value by being a cancer.
    As much as I like lowry if he was smart he takes this to management and asks to be moved. To do it publicly makes him look like an ass. He just made his value less and now (maybe he doesn't care) but some teams simply won't want him for being a pain.

I think lowry takes way too many ill advised desperation 3s. He makes them more last few years, but you can just tell that is no way to live. I don't like that about his game at all ,and I could see that being an issue later. He has a bit of a hothead thing going on and frankly it's not the kind of hothead personality that is somewhat cool. It's more hothead annoying and hothead I want to b**** slap him for being so dumb. This is one of those times. Thanks lowry for ripping us in the media and dont let door hit you on ass. Yes we will have dragic hopefully, but we could have gotten more for you you bastid. What did we ever do to lowry for him to **** on us like this?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

How about a GM that in public keeps his mouth shut, and only offers praise of the players?

And then does the right thing behind the scenes?

DD

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

"It's not you, it's me."
    [​IMG]

4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I just don't follow the rockets close enough to know where we screwed him?

He had disagreement and mchale got in his face. Mchale is emotional and so is lowry. Lowry should still be smart enough to not go public and say that he cant work with mchale. The fact that he cant work with mchale in the frist place makes him look bad, not mchale.

Say what you want about mchale he did better than most expected. This really is 'on' lowry in screwing us. We gave him starting position over brooks and this is his re payment to rockets? This is not about mchale to me this is about lowry trying to screw up the rockets. Thats whack. f lowry for that !

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

There is absolutely no way you can know that. It would be appreciated in you would insert an occasional IHMO.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, and I am sure the Japanese Earthquake affected them too.

It's still your opinion that it's causing anymore division than exists on any other non-playoff team.

7. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

He has a new contract. What does he have to lose? Im 100% the Rockets wont dump him to the Bobcats because theres nothing on that roster that Rockets want so he knows his and chapping his gums.

8. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Nothing on the roster but there are a couple of things in the Bobcats organization that the Rockets would love to have. One in particular. And they would dump Lowry and a whole lot more to get it.

9. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Does that work for you? LOL

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Maybe this?

[rQUOTEr]The issues became public in Denver when McHale grabbed Lowry and pulled him back toward a time out huddle, with Lowry reacting so angrily he was restrained by teammates. As the Rockets faded from sixth to ninth in the west, Lowry felt that he was unduly blamed for the collapse since he was struggling just to play at all.

“I was begged to come back,” Lowry said. “I was unhealthy. Just talk to me. If I’m that bad, just tell me “Kyle, sit down.’ I would have been fine with that. Just don’t play me two minutes, sit me the whole game and yell at everything I do. Whatever. Having the season start the way it started and things that happened.”[/rQUOTEr]

Kyle: I AM NOT TO BLAME FOR THE COLLAPSE! :mad::mad::mad:

Poor Kyle doesn't like being yelled at either. :p

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Or female referees.....

I told you guys his sense of entitlement was growing, you could just see it....

When he was fighting for position he was a model citizen, now he thinks he has earned something....screw that...ship his ass out.

DD

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Isn't that what happened to AB? Sense of entitlement?

13. clos4life

clos4life Member

Lowry, screw him, he ain't bigger than my Rockets.

Sorry fat man, we ain't trading you unless we can get valuable assets in return. If you don't like it sit in the bench and rot away.

At least that way we can properly tank.

14. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Both Kyle and Dragic are good point guards, but debating which one is going to be a better player is pointless.

Neither will likely develop into the type of player that can will a team into the playoffs or win a playoff series. Neither will get multiple all-star appearances. They are both above average starting point guards.

Yes, they are necessary on a contending team, but only so much as to:
    1. Do they fit your teams offensive philosophy/game plan (if the Rockets have one??)
    2. How expensive do they cost, and will that cost still allow you to get other necessary pieces?

Because of that the only things that matter is how much will Doran get on the open market and can Lowry really net a good trade OR can Lowry work with McHale.

Those are the only things that matter in this decision, and even then this is not the type of decision that will determine the Rockets chances of winning a championship. Only getting a star will do that.

15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

seems pretty flimsy to use to ask for trade? There has to be something more to this. Kobe asked to be traded and he ended up staying. It's not like we have to trade kyle. He is just giving his sh!tty opinion and for now we have to choose how to handle it. I just think he is being an idiot for bringing it public.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yeah, I don't know. I should probably stop playing the guessing game. :p It's whatever. Stays or goes, whatever.

17. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Stop while you're ahead. If you guess wrong and piss off Lowry he will either toss a basketball at your head or turn his back on you during a timeout huddle. However, if you cut him deep maybe he'll turtle at home playing Call of Duty. You just can't win.

18. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Carl Herrera, you make good points in retort to what I said about morey not paying,but maybe I should clarify myself. Think about this, every guy he's dealt with,he's never set the market. Dallembert was filler,miller was filler, ariza was only going to get mle money,lowry was restricted and so was scola. The only reason why scola got the money he got was the threat of the euro team. Morey has never been in this position with a young guy with upside on an open market with production. He's more reactionary vs actionary. This is out of his hands and being the safe guy he is by nature, I don't think dragic will be back. I don't think it will be moreys fault,just the way its setup.

Morey isn't going to trade lowry with dragic being unrestricted. Its too much of a gamble and honestly, I don't blame him. If he were to trade lowry, dragic and his agent has all the leverage and morey would have to overpay for him. He can't even promise dragic he's gonna trade lowry if he signs because his words and actions doesn't suggest he's truthful. I think dragic will have his suitors ready to pay him at least 7m per yrs avg. Its just something that setup rather odd for the rockets.

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

Be honest, guys. Can you ever see Goran publicly copping this kind of attitude?

20. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

If those quotes are correct that is not at all what he is saying. Just some pretty bad communication going on between McHale, Morey, & Lowry.

I'm not sure where he got that message from. I never heard anyone blame Lowry for the collapse. If anything, I remember McHale saying they should not have rushed him back because he wasn't ready.

Lowry should have definitely kept this in house, and McHale and Morey should have definitely talked to out with Lowry prior to getting to point.

While they cannot do anything about that now, it does not mean that the Rockets cannot get past this.