1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disgruntled Lowry feels it’s his time to move on

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BossHogg713, May 25, 2012.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

You do know the difference between fans saying something and the org saying it ? Right?

DD

2. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Most pale team since the introduction if the shot clock. Can they all wear Chuck Taylor's too?

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

So, somehow if the organization doesn't say it, it's going to change things?

Sorry, nope. We don't have a superstar. If the organization didn't say a word but just made their trades, these guys are going to feel the exact same way. It's just a product of not having a superstar here.

Remember when Martin was traded here? He was ecstatic. Getting to play with Yao. And his old coach. Yao gone. Coach gone. If nothing was said, Martin would still feel the same way. He's ready to go.

1 person likes this.
  4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Expirings just aren't worth what once they were.

I promote the idea of an amnesty only - - only - - if a deal is in place with a team and Martin and a deal counterbalanced between the acquiring team and the Rox. Kinda like including him in the deal, actually it is including him - - but at (virtually) no cap cost thus increasing the value received back by the Rockets.

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Good point.

6. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Total agreement. Iverson, Francis and Marbury are younger than Camby, guess who is still raking in NBA dollars. As for Lowry, totally disappointed that he believes he is bigger than the Rockets. He basically made news for the Rockets, now they are force to sell Lowry at lower price, or go to camp with a disgruntled employee. PGs are plentiful, you do not build around a PG like Lowry has said of himself, you build with big than small. K.Irving and J.Wall are studs and their teams were duds without bigs. Please ship Lowry anywhere, but back to the Rockets.

7. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Trade Lowry and fire McHale.

WE ALL WIN!!

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

i don't think the rockets will ever get their heads out of their ass.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

These players are professionals. Not kids. If they can't handle the business side then they aren't championship material anyway. Wasn't that the knock on Tmac after all?

The organization can say whatever they want. Good players understand that its a privilege to play wherever they are. It's a business. Plain and simple.

I doubt Lowery, Martin, or anyone is actually all that affected by Morey's language. I think the real issues are the following:

• Their role
    • PT
    • Losing

It's the coaches job to get players to buy in, not the GM's. It's the coach who is suppose to lead the players. Not the GM, not the owner. This is about Mchale doing his job, not anything more or less.

You rarely hear players have issues with a GM compared to a coach. Wonder why?

1 person likes this.
  10. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

You also have to add being treated like an asset instead of a human. When you treat someone like that, don't be surprised by the outcome.

11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Exactly which organization does not treat its players like assets? Please tell me because I really want to know.

Players the of the caliber that are on the Rockets will always be possible trade victims because they are good (which makes them valuable) but not so good that whatever team they're on is not open to an upgrade to them. They are all role players, some with a shot to be more but all still role players.

All teams treat players like assets.

12. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Maybe not as pale some of those great Celtic teams of the 80s

13. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

The hand-wringing over Morey and his use of the word "asset(s)" is terribly overblown. I see some people trying to compare/contrast the Rockets and the Mavs saying "Woe is me if only the Rockets locker room/airplane/nacho stand were as posh as the Mavericks we'd attract superstars. Mark Cuban blah blah blah better than Morey/Alexander", but totally gloss over the fact that Cuban values advanced stats as much as Morey and equally includes the word asset(s) in his vocabulary.

GMs are not camp counselors and NBA players are adults, or at least they ought to be. Lowry has decided to air his dirty laundry and place the Rockets organization ins more precarious position his comments. That's unfortunate, but this is not because of the use of the word asset or how the players are treated. Show me a superstar on this team and I'll show you someone who receives better treatment than the rest of the chaff on the court (Yao). This is the way of the NBA, NFL, MLB, MLS, NHL, and so on.

14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Crash,

It is one thing to know it in the back of your mind, and quite another to read about it in the local papers, and hear it on the local radio, all the time.

Morey is far too visible....

Kevin Martin talked about it effecting the team, Scola talked about it effecting the team....

If you want to disagree, or poo poo the thought that it bothers the players, go ahead, but the fact is, it does.

DD

15. DaDakota

Supporting Member

By the way, these are people....they have families, and to think that they are uncomfortable knowing that their GM churns the roster more than auntie mae making butter is clearly not a comfortable situation.

I find it hilarious that folks think that is not a problem...try working for a company that will move you at any moment without you having any say...and see how you feel.

Yes, that is the truth of the NBA, but we have a GM that is always talking about it, everywhere.....can't be comfortable.

DD

16. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Which is worse? Having a GM that's open about how players could be traded at any time to upgrade the roster? Or having a GM that lies about being content with the roster then shocks the s*&t out the player cause he didn't think he'd be traded?

I think its better for the players to know ... It helps better prepare them and their families incase that time comes..

But what I don't like about Morey, is that he communicates so well to the media about the team and upgrading the roster ... But sucks @ communication w/ his own players ... As much as he talks, no one knows wth he's doing ... And that's not good ... If you're going to be open about it, be open about it

17. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Larry Bird is not walking through that door!
    Kevin McHale (the PLAYER) is not walking through that door!
    Those are top 50 all timers.

Bud? Parsons? Scola? Goran? DMo? I don't think so. Now if we're looking for a couple of Danny Ainges and maybe a one-legged over the hill Bill Walton then you might be on to something. :)

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You lose a bit of credibility here. "Fact is, it does". No, it's not a fact. It's your OPINION. You think it does. But you are kidding yourself if you think you know for 100% that is the case.

Trade rumors within a team that is not a contender is a fact of life. I repeat - A FACT OF LIFE. It's not that trade rumors are affecting the players play as much as it is the players play is affecting trade rumors.

And you can say yes, we'd get more wins and more loyalty without Morey talking frankly about to the media. But you can't say how much it is. It might be nothing...especially compared to coaching.

Pippen was subject to trade rumors during the Bull's run. Parker, Ginobili, Allen, Rondo - all have faced rumors and such. Kobe has dealt with it and publicly complained about it. Did it affect him? Maybe...doesn't seem like it affected his play at all.

If a player is going to be that much affected by it, a role player mind you, then let them go. We need mentally tougher players.

19. Bball_Gill

Bball_Gill Member

Absolutely

20. DaDakota

Supporting Member

You are wrong both Scola and Kmart have remarked about it, clearly it does.

DD