1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disgruntled Lowry feels it’s his time to move on

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BossHogg713, May 25, 2012.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

I so very much hope you are right.

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Exactly when did being an "Asset" become a bad thing? I'm an asset oh boo hoo.

Jesus Christ, I don't think I've ever heard one word blown out of proportion on this board or by people trying to make a case against DM than "Asset".

Just listen to ESPN or the Radio. The word is used all the time by coaches, GM's, players and former players alike and it's always seen as a positive thing not something bad, unless of course DM uses it or someone trying to knock DM. Oooooh he is an asset so he probably has leprocy! Come on DD your smarter than that, get over it.

3. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Lowry is only 'good' because he's on a crappy team. Kick him to the curb. NBA (and alot of the NFL) is filled with drama queens who think they deserve to be treated like royality... Too bad we can't go back decades when players just wanted to play.

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

its crazy that people actually want to give up a major piece like lowry for an aging gasol. i'd rather move him with our picks to move up in the draft and hope for a future star player. IOW trade him (if you must) for ascending value, not descending value.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

FIFY. :p

What are you doing management! Don't do it!

6. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Yeah, I dont understand the appeal of Gasol. Unless we are looking to trade him right away, there's no reason for an old experienced player on our current roster. Trade for some picks or someone who has a long career ahead of them.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Gasol is significant more valuable, as far as on court value, than Lowry. The only thing that makes the trade roughly even is that Gasol is older.

It' simply much easier to find a PG around or above Lowry's level (there are probably a dozen or so of them around) than it is to land a 7 footer with Gasol's skills. Hell, Morey managed to find Lowry and Dragic within a 2 year span (and Brooks in 2007) and never found any 7 footer close to Gasol's level.

Gasol is 31 (turning 32 in July) but has been relatively healthy and can be effective well into his 30s if he keeps himself healthy and in shape. Garnett and Duncan, for example, still look pretty good at age 36.

I would, of course, prefer that the Rockets not having to use Lowry in a Gasol trade, but that's probably just being greedy.

8. crash5179

http://blogs.commercialappeal.com/the_memphis_edge/2010/10/grizzlies-rewind-kyle-lowry-for-cash.html

This is not Kyles first time to be a problem child. This is why the Grizz traded him to the Rockets.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Crash, it is one thing to know it down in your heart, it is another to have it flaunted about on radio stations day in and day out, or in analytics conferences in Boston.

Morey talks too damned much, and it bothers the players.

Kmart told him that in his exit interview 2 seasons ago.....basketball...HELL...any sport is about passion, and if the players are not feeling the passion because their GM is telling them they are the greatest to their face then trying to trade them behind their backs...well.....don't expect all of them to be ok with it.

Human nature is not that difficult, now maybe Morey can seperate himself from the passion part in dealing with players, he should, but he needs to take a much lower profile, IMO.

DD

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

11. crash5179

He appearantly was a problem in Memphis and now it appears he is going to be a problem for Houston. Looks like a trend to me.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Maybe the Rox will rethink that Philly tough guy thing they like to talk about and get more skilled players instead.

DD

13. crash5179

Lower profile? Having it thrown in their face and in the media? Really?

I bet Morey has all but purged the word "Asset" from his vocabulary by now. And I frequently turn into to Houston Sports Radio trying to hear Rockets talk and guess what? Houston Sports Radio rarely talks Rockets. In the middle of the freakin basketball season when there is no football or baseball guess what Houston Sports Radio talks about? The stinken Texans.

Do you think Houston is the only team that trades its players or has their GM or Owner on the Radio talking about players? Really? Only Houston? Try living in Dallas where the stations spend a ton of time talking Mavericks and Cuban and Donny Nelson. They trade players, refer to them as assets, treat them as assets and the world just keeps on moving.

Only in Houston is the word "Asset" an ugly word. Everywhere else its a complement. And it was started by people trying to act like Morey distroyed some family atmosphere in Houston by using the word. BS.

Here's a news flash. Players are signed and traded by every team just as often as in Houston. Some players hate to be traded and some players understand that it's just a business.... in every NBA city. We just like to pretend that it only happens in Houston to give us some imaginary ammo to fire at Daryl Morey. Whatever.

Kyle is not mad because he feels like he is just an asset. He is mad because he understands that he has most likely lost his starting position to Goran Dragic. He sees Kevin McHale as the coach responsible for that, not the fact that Goran just outplayed him. Same thing in Memphis when he was "un-coachable" for Lional Hollens because the Grizz started Conely over him. Just like in Houston it had nothing to do with being an asset.

http://blogs.commercialappeal.com/th...-for-cash.html

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Find it humorous Dada for you to post this after some of your previous posts....just sayin'

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=5758291&postcount=134
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=5800473&postcount=55
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=5832913&postcount=215
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=5871292&postcount=1136
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=5872809&postcount=37

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

In a league that is now PG driven...seemingly every team has good to great PG's...That is what the league is driven towards...Bigs are now a thing of the past...Getting Deron Williams would be ideal...because he is one of the very best in passing and scoring...Kyle thinks that he is that valuable to a team...but what Dragic showed was that Kyle could be replaced...As tremendous as Kyle has been, this Rockets team needs to move on...It was a terrible decision to fire Adelman...Especially with the possibilities of really good coaches this season...being available this season...Morey and Les really messed up that one...from that point onwards...everything else has seemingly broken down...Martin, Scola, and Kyle all had down years this season...With the stench of a broken trade...the Rockets, to their credit, fought till the last few games of the season...and things just broke down..

Kyle rightfully so believes its his job to lose...but as everyone else discovered...Dragic provided the same output...Physically i think Kyle will last longer in the league just because of his build...but talent wise...Dragic could actually get better...

Regardless...I wish Kyle the best...and thank him for his service to making the Rockets better....Go Rockets

16. RocketsFan11

RocketsFan11 Member

17. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Oh my god, this trade idea made my day. I cannot believe anyone anywhere in the world thinks Scola + Lowry for McRoberts + Barnes is attainable for the Lakers. Rofl.

18. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

You obviously haven't read enough of this board yet.

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Lowry+ patterson to Toronto for #8 + Ed Davis

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Not happenin. Davis has huge upside and #8 is very valuable in this draft. They don't need Lowry or Pat.