1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disgruntled Lowry feels it’s his time to move on

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BossHogg713, May 25, 2012.

1. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Same. I feel like we grew this man and gave the keys of the team to him. I love Dragic from what I've seen him do late in the season but my loyalty is still with Lowry.

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I hope this means the Rockets keep Dragic. He is a very good player that I was expecting the Rockets to loose for nothing.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

From Poopsworld:

4. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

well having this all made public doesn't help us with lowry's trade value. :mad:

at what point does mchale take blame for our (arguably) best player being disgruntled?

5. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

On blaming Kyle for the collapse at the end of the season:
    The bold part is very interesting since in the media he said he wanted to felt he was ready to play again. The play me two minutes part seems to be the same with Martin who got a few minutes and then was taken out when he didn't perform well. I think McHale holds certain players, better and older ones / leaders, to a higher standard than the rest.

Also if they begged him to come back, do you think that was just to see if he could play at the same level like before thus increasing his trade value. GMs might like a player better if they know that at the end of the season the guy was playing well than knowing prior to the injury he was in a slump. I wouldn't be happy by either if they asked me to come back and then not play me and or blame me for losses.

Something doesn't smell right and I cannot say I'm on either side. On the one hand the Rockets (Morey and Leslie) get the same treatment they give the players. On the other hand, I feel Kyle is the type opf player that needs to be babied and in that case I would be fine if he leaves.

6. DaFranchise03

DaFranchise03 Member

Dragic gonna get 8-10 mil a year? Whether you think Dragic is the better PG or not, the difference is not worth the extra possible 3-4 mil.

I had a feeling Lowry would demand out. I am glad he did it early. If Rockets management actually thought keeping those two would be fine then they are delusional. You cant give a man a leading role on a team and then bring in another at the same position. On top of that they are going to pay the other guy more money? I would be pissed of too.

Lets hope they can get something good out of a trade. Hopefully they can move up in the draft.

7. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Kyle is not a baby. These players all feel this way to a certain extent because reality is they are all expendable playing for a lottery team. This is what happens on lottery teams. Guys know they ain't gonna stay in one place. There is no go-to guy. Kyle has been the go-to guy, the leader, and he knows they're looking for a superstar. It just hasn't worked here because we haven't had that superstar player for the last few years.

Kyle is a great player. He's an unselfish dawg that most any team would want in the foxhole with them.

And like I said, Orlando is gonna love him. ; )

8. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

As far as I am concerned - the media is NOT the place for Lowry to air his hurt feelings. It shows gross immaturity and only hurts himself and the organization. I am PISSED that he did this and my gut response is good riddance . . .

No excuse for this kind of behavior and unless he does an immediate about face and apologizes - get him the Fu$k outta here - He is allowed to have his feeling and opinions - but the way he shared them was BS.

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Rockets are setting it up to have a lineup of Dragic, Budinger, Parsons, Scola and Gasol. That conservative good ol boy line up will be destroyed and not even make the playoffs.

10. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Wow! Pretty easy to figure out now huh Morey? You trade Lowry and one of those first round draft picks for as much as you can get and then resign Dragic. The decision was already made for you if you are not a buffoon you can figure it out this time pretty easily.

Look its not about deciding to keep him or not now. Its clearly a sign to resign Dragic and move Lowry now. THERE IS NO DEBATE ABOUT THAT NOW.

1 person likes this.
  11. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

This.

12. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

That's thing, teams really aren't going to be moving players until that draft and free agency. They could trade Lowry, before the draft, but Dragic could still leave. If that happens, add point guard to list of the Rockets' needs.

13. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Damn damn damn. That hurts his trade value cuz teams now know we gotta move him. I say keep Lowry cuz he is under contract already for less money than Dragic will command.

14. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Then too, if you are Kyle why not say, "management can do whatever they want, but I worked hard to become the starter and have every intention of proving I'm the starter with my play on the court".

15. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

It's going to get crazy around here as the draft approaches. I guess it will be somewhat entertaining until the Texans start playing.

16. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

We dont live in the era of dealing in fear. Time to make some decisions based on making moves. Dragic wants to be the starter he gets that now. He gets his bigger pay check and gets to stay here. Lowry asked out or to basically fire the coach. Its pretty simple. We shouldnt even be discussing one or the other now. It all ends in Lowry gone and what can we get for him now.

17. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I just did about 3 face palms reading these posts.

And just where do you think Martin and Lee are going? An extended bathroom break for the whole season? Martin may be a trade piece for Gasol, but Lee is not going anywhere. And Scola has a much higher probability of landing with the Lakers than Martin. If the Lakers trade a critical PF then in all probability they are going to want a starter quality NBA PF in return.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

19. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Lowry never actually asked for McHale to be fire, also what makes you think we will offer Dragic, the most money.

20. Nook

Nook Member

I tend to agree with you, unless Le$ gives Morey the go ahead to rebuild. I think that the only issue Lowry has with McHale is that Dragic didn't have to immediately submit to Lowry when he came off the DL.

I am sure the Rockets will look at Howard, talk to DWill and consider packaging Lowry to move up in the draft, but at the end of the day, Scola and Lowry for Gasol makes the most sense for everyone. The Rockets get an under utilized, talent 4-5 with 2 years on his deal, and the Lakers get to fill 2 positions.

I don't have a problem with the deal, as I know the team will make other moves, and Lowry and Scola are expendable.