1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Discipline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by p10maggs, Dec 16, 2015.

1. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

...is the key ingredient to not only a successful season, but more importantly a championship and even more importantly, a dynasty.

I don't write on here much, but more or less wanted to get this off my mind.

The Root:
    Like any true success created in life, discipline is the root of continuous progression and motivation feeding a desire deeper than the average seeks.

An undisciplined individual lacks the basics. Few examples of basics:
    -setting realistic goals and possessing the desire to achieve and surpass those goals
    -being honest with your strengths and weaknesses and having the mindset of improving both
    -Knowing your role and playing your part
    -constantly finding ways to motivate yourself and others to create a source of positivity.. a sense that what all the hard work is going to pay off

The Frustration:
    We are all in the same boat. Our hopes were sky high and right now most of us have a feeling of emptiness and confusion with no sense of foreseeable cure. This team has no backbone, no structure, no identity, no flow, and no stand out leadership. It's a complete free for all when we take court. We don't capitalize on our strengths.. we don't make adjustments or improvements to our weaknesses, and we sure don't look like we set goals to build upon.

The Solution:
    I know this is hard to swallow for still a good percentage of us... and of course it's my opinion but it needs to be reconstructed. This needs to be a meticulous build. We need a coach that will instill the discipline in the players and hold them accountable. Thibodeau is the first one that comes to mind who could command respect. Kind of like how Harden responded to Coach K last summer on the defensive end - I believe Thibs could instill that character. Get Dwight and Jones out next. I really really like D12.. but the time is up for him here. His contract, health, and demeanor are not suited for a long term dynasty built around Harden. Jones.. no explanation there. Everyone outside of Harden, Dmo, and Capela.. I just don't know. It's a case by case basis.

At the end of the day I feel the wrong team was built around the right gem.. and it's still early enough to fix it.

Love,
    A continously supporting Rockets fan

2. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I agree with your part about discipline...

But I don't agree with your part about building a franchise around Harden.. I just don't feel he has the mental attitude to accept the responsibilities that go with the job. I also feel that he's in it for the individual glory and not the rings.

T_Man

3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Discipline is not numbers, so Morey does not know what the *** it is.

1 person likes this.
  4. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I agree with your part about discipline ... :eek:

Love,
    BamBam

5. ibm

ibm Member

a well thought and written post. but,,,

"a long term dynasty built around Harden"? is this the new definition of "delusion" in webster dictionary?

"the wrong team was built around the right gem"? yeah, sure. after morey complied with all his demands, incl. lawson, now we're onto coaches. oh, maybe a 3rd allstar player (ps - if dwight is gone, then we need at least 2 other all stars). lol.

also, please remember never let him lead the league in minutes played. his delicate body isnt built for that. or else we wont see him playing hard on both ends of the ball... :eek: