1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dirty Sexy Morey...I mean Money

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by chievous minniefield, Nov 20, 2008.

1. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Anyone else a fan of this guilty pleasure?

I love this show, and I don't know anyone else who even watches it.

Last night's episode blew everything to high holy hell.

Anyone up for some DSM talk?

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I only caught a few episodes in the first season and last night's is the first I saw of the 2nd season. My wife is totally into this show and she freaking loves Brian. I must admit, the episodes I have seen are usually made interesting by either him or Donald Sutherland (who is freaking great in this show). It is also nice that pretty much every single episode I have seen involves that one gold-digging (or seemingly so) Darling daughter stripping down to her underwear.

I really don't like the lawyer's wife's hair this season. Looks like a man's haircut.

/hands in man card.

3. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

I watched this show last season and was very intrigued, but I haven't been able to catch it this year. I thought it might've been cancelled. Are full eps available on abc.com?

4. chievous minniefield

Looks like abc.com does in fact have full episodes. I know iTunes also has season passes and individual eps.

So to review...Here are the following Triangles of Conflict we are now in the midst of on this show:

Nick-Karen-Lisa
    Nick-Karen-Simon
    Nick-Lisa-Simon
    Nick-Lisa-Jeremy
    Jeremy-Nola-Patrick
    Tripp-Leticia-New Girl
    Tripp-Nick-New Girl
    Tripp-Patrick-Simon

Phil Jackson should be on this show. Michael-Scottie-Toni. Kobe-Pau-Lamar. Coach-Owner-Owner's Playboy Bunny Daughter.

So for those who watch the show...Are you pulling for Nick and Lisa to reconcile? Nick to get with Karen?

Personally, I think the new car-accident victim is another of Simon's moles.

And I think Nick and Lisa may really be done. I don't know if they can come back from that hallway scene/video of Nick and Karen.

Yes, I'm a total woman for posting all of this. But that's not always a bad thing.

You hear a lot about Lost, The Office, 30 Rock, etc. All of which are brilliant, awesome, genius shows. But I never hear anyone talking about DSM. I wouldn't say it's quite on that same level, but I do think it's extremely underrated.

Women of DSM, ranked hottest to slightly less hot, according to me:

1) Karen Darling
    2) Jeremy's gold-digging girlfriend from season 1, Juliet's on-again/off-again BFF
    3) Lisa George
    4) Juliet Darling
    5) New Car-accident victim

The character of Brian is so wonderful. Such an unabashed, unapologetic, unscrupulous, immoral, delightfully authentic scab. When he loses it, it is so entertaining.

The stuff with he and Nick is especially satisfying.

Surely I'm not the only one who loves this show?

Also, I think Baldwin's character has become the least interesting by far. They need to do something with his character to become interesting. Otherwise, screentime devoted to him is just screentime that could be going to the barely-clothed, deliciously-unhinged Natalie Zea.

5. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Baldwin in general is just not a very interesting actor. Never like him. And I'd put the new car crash victim at the top of the hot women list. She has that Girl Next Door look that I find so appealing in women. Definitely a hottie.

6. chievous minniefield

She's definitely got potential. She's smoky. But I'll need to see more of her.

I wish they would bring back Juliet and her friend.

Agree with you on Baldwin. He's no Jack Donaghy, that's for certain.

7. playlife

playlife Member

Soon, the TV world will not have Ned the Pie Maker or the dysfunctional Darlings or Eli Stone/George Michael.

ABC President of Entertainment Steve McPherson broke the news Thursday afternoon that the network was giving up on three sophomore shows, "Pushing Daisies," "Dirty Sexy Money" and "Eli Stone." Although McPherson never uttered the words "You're canceled" to producers, the message was clear to the cast and crews: They had been dumped. The network is not ordering more episodes of the three series, though it will complete production and air all produced episodes of each.

Behind the scenes, ABC officials insisted "the door was still open" on all three shows, but those who toiled on the shows began the process of letting go.

McPherson "was very complimentary and thanked everyone for putting their first foot forward," "Daisies" creator Bryan Fuller said. "He never said we're canceled, but that was the gist of it. He said they're proud of the show and not ordering episodes at this time.

"I could read between the lines and interpret that the door could be open in the future, but I think that the gist of that is that we weren't going to be moving forward on ABC."

"Eli Stone" executive producers Marc Guggenheim and David Petrarca gathered actors and crew members Thursday afternoon to give them the sad news, according to a source who attended the meeting. An employee of "Dirty Sexy Money" said bosses there also notified the cast and crew that ABC had called it quits.

"No absolute finality was given but stranger things have happened because you see what happened with 'Jericho,' " Fuller said. (The CBS show was canceled after its first season and then renewed when fans bombarded CBS with peanuts as a sign of support. It was canceled again after its second season.)

Fuller acknowledged that everyone who worked on the show will begin looking for new jobs, which would make it hard for the "door to stay open." He already has his next gig lined up: returning to "Heroes," where he worked as a writer in the NBC show's first season. He also has begun thinking about turning his sweet fairy tale "Daisies" into a movie.

"It's hard not to be disappointed but I'm walking away with a stronger feeling of pride and gratitude," Fuller said.

ABC rebounded quickly and announced the following additions to its midseason lineup.

"Scrubs," which ABC bought after NBC canceled it during what was supposed to be its last season, will premiere with back-to-back episodes on Jan. 6 beginning at 9 p.m.

"Life on Mars" will move to Wednesday nights beginning Jan. 28 at 10 p.m. in the slot after "Lost," which premieres on Jan. 21 with a three-hour event.

"Private Practice," will move to Thursdays beginning Jan. 8 at 10 p.m., airing after the show that gave it its life, "Grey's Anatomy."

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-abc22-2008nov22,0,1894747.story

damn....this show got cancelled :(

8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Skinny Karen to busty Lisa:

"honey I'll never be in your weight class but I'm not afraid to move up and fight"

Rrrrrerrrooow.

Nate, er Nick, just need some mousse' on those bangs.

9. moose

moose Member

great show. havn't missed an episode.

10. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Didn't they cancel this show?

11. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

That sucks.

This show is particularly awesome. Tripp Darling is a freaking genius.

12. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

I'm not gonna lie, this show is pretty sick. I'm really disappointed ABC passed on it. Ready to start a petition guys?

13. mic

mic Contributing Member

I had heard a rumor about Pushing Daisies being canceled, but not DSM. That really sucks! DSM has been amazing this season, and last week's episode was no exception. Probably the best to date! I'm really disappointed that this show will not continue on.