1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dirty lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GlenRice, May 8, 2011.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

they used to play football with leather helmets. Your point?

2. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

This is like the 3rd time this season Bynum has jacked someone with an elbow. He knows he can get away with it. The punishment is too light.

3. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

It was one play, geeze. That was dirty and uncalled for. Bynum deserves every bit of punishment handed down to him by the league. Barea is a good 150 lbs lighter than him cant hit him while in the air.

4. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

I'm over it.

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

This is the THIRD time Bynum has done this. There is absolutely no way anyone can claim it was not intentional.

He should be HEAVILY fined and suspended for a long time without pay.

That fact that he keeps doing it comes down to the incompetence of the NBA league offices when handling his flagrant fouls.

6. T-mac&Yao=RING

My point is the NBA has come to be soft just like rap.

Rap was better in the 80s and 90s and so was the NBA.

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

show us a video with something as FLAGARANT as that with the defender who's not even in front and elbowing someone driving without even going for the ball where not even a foul was called...

8. T-mac&Yao=RING

It was clearly a bad foul, I never said it wasnt I was just pointing out that players used to play a lot more physical than today. And that I liked the NBA much better back then.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The NBA takes past actions into account, so yeah, Bynum might miss some extended time next season.

I hate the way the Lakers play dirty. There's tough, physical, gritty, chippy play and then there's flagrantly dirty play - the Lakers played dirty today. They've never been tough and they try to make up for it with these cheap shot plays. Don't forget Kobe giving Mike Miller an elbow to the neck :rolleyes: It pisses me off.

It also pisses me off that no one on the Mavs retaliated. Not a single player even got in anyones face. If I'm Carlisle I would have sent someone in to give someone an elbow or hard foul (while emphasizing not to try and hurt the player, just let him know you're there).

Keeping cool is important but you can still show some backbone.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

They were finishing up a sweep against the defending champs with a 30-point blowout. They didn't need to prove anything.

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Ha, true. These days you can't get through one playoff series without people flipping out over an elbow or a rough foul. This stuff used to happen every damn game in the playoffs. I liked the good ole days when teams hated each other.

12. jlwee

jlwee Member

Did Barea sleep with your mom or girlfriend??? He did nothing on and off the courts to be hated!

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so you want to see those kind of flagrant fouls more often?

you might be confusing things

physically boxing out for a rebound <> what bynum did to barrea

14. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Nevermind the fact that I think Barea is an annoying little hobbit; the guy elbowed Blake hard and drove into the lane with about 13 seconds left on the shot clock with a 30 point lead. IMO, that's laying the extra mustard but alas the Mavs don't know what the definition is of an "insurmountable lead", even with about 8:25 left in the game.

15. T-mac&Yao=RING

No. I want to see physical play more often.

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The flagrant foul is just a bs definition for fouls that encourage physical play. Bynum's was definitely cheap and he deserved a tech in the old days for it but the Odom foul was just a hard intentional foul. Big deal.

17. T-mac&Yao=RING

As soon as he stepped on the court with a Mavs jersey on he did everything he needed to do to be hated.

18. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I personally hope he gets 5-10 games for that cowardly, dangerous, gutless cheap shot. What a punk little b****.

19. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Is there a chance Kobe leaves L.A.?

20. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

Man this topic doesn't need to be further discussed. Everyone understands they pulled some dirty moves out there. Get over it and move on.