1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dirk Injured

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Jacquescas, Mar 23, 2008.

Tags:
  1. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Well, it's not like they were going anywhere to begin with, and this stupid trade for Kidd only made sure of it. They can now just sit on the sidelines and enjoy the show, watch the Lakers/Spurs/Suns try to win the West.

2. plee

plee Member

They are 2 games ahead of Denver in the loss column and have 1 more game with them which is gonna be huge. Their schedule has about 6 tough games even with Dirk they could lose. Dallas needs to beat Denver and at least 6-6 to keep Denver out (Denver has a tough remaining schedule).

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

the media is counting them out just like they counted us out.

too bad they don't have a tmac to fall back on. let's see what jkidd and howard are made of. they're still more talented than us if you take dirk and yao out.

4. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

LOL good stuff.

I think that Golden State really took The Mavs' competetive spirit out of them. They just haven't been so undone looking ever, even losing games with Nelly they looked more ready and confident.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Nah, that free out will persuade their GM to keep the team. :D

6. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Everybody has injuries, just look at us (worst case, gone until next season) or the Lakers.

That said the Mavs--assuming Dirk can be ready later, would not be a fun team to draw as the 8th seed. I think Dirk has nearly 4 weeks to get ready for their home playoff games, if they make it.

This week Dallas plays at Den thus. The winner gets the game + the tiebreaker-bbasically a 2 game swing. A Dallas win and Denver would have to make up 4 games--not likely

Dallas also has 2 games left with GS (and are ahead 2-0 in their tiebreaker). One is this Sat, the night after Den plays GS (and their is another GS-Den game left). If Dallas can win one vs GS they get the tiebreaker--basically a 2 game swing.

Manage to win 1 of those 3--I think they have a shot at the playoffs. If they win 2 of those 3 they should make it. If they lose all 3 they are all but doomed.

7. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Its the curse of Juwan Howard, I'm telling ya'll. They signed him this season and now they're in danger of not making the playoffs.

8. rocketshopeful

i hate to say this, but dirk is coming back soon. He looked fine on the bench on the clips game, and is walking around at home without the boot. He .said theres no swelling, and he may travel with the teams. If hes out, he wont be out long.

I am worried that Josh Howard will gain confidence in this stretch, and they will have a successful postseason.

I hate the mavs.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

They are good but not unbeatable by any means with or without Dirk.

10. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

I don't ever wish an injury on anyone but I can't say I really feel any sympathy for other teams with injuries.

You don't see them feeling sorry for us. Hell if anything they are gameplanning to exploit our new weaknesses. I wouldn't be surprised if most gm's and owners had a collective sigh of relief in the back of their minds after hearing of Yao's injury.

I have a hard enough time keeping up with our own team to be worried about Dirk of all people. It's probably kharma for all that flopping he got calls for in the past.

11. apocclass

apocclass Member

exactly. like it or not, EVERYONE hopes they can get the rockets in the first round now, so screw them all. if they get a star severely injured, boo f-in' hoo !

12. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

lol at this poll. the mavs bandwagon is falling apart -

http://www.krld.com/

Do you think the Mavericks can make the playoffs without Dirk Nowitzki?
    Yes 27%
    No 73%

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Did anyone else see Dirk's interview during the Clippers game? At first I thought he sounded very downbeat and pessimistic. Then he mentioned the boot is taken off his foot at home sometimes. Secondly, Dirk said he might travel with the Mavs on the road trip to LA and Phoenix. Then the Mavs announcer asked him point blank was that a positive sign of him coming back to play earlier than expected. Dirk refused to reply and started his own play-by-play of the game to change the subject. After a couple of minutes, he was asked the same exact question again and would not comment. At the end, a happy looking Mark Cuban came up to pat Dirk on the back.

I got the impression they expect Dirk to be back for the last 6-7 games, which would be huge for them.

14. rocketshopeful

mavs look like their clicking, and dirk is back just in time..

They are beating the warriors at their own game right now..fast break points.

15. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

lol....we havent even played a half yet....

16. rocketshopeful

your right. im just paranoid. but who's we? you a mav fan?

17. rocketshopeful

game over, they are steam rolling the warriors in pretty much a much win game for both temas. They put the pedal to the metal to start of the game and never looked back

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

How in the world did Dirk heal so quickly?

19. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

mutant genes like wolverine.

lol

he has a history of recovering faster than expected from injuries

20. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

bionic ankles I'm telling ya.