1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dirk Injured

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Jacquescas, Mar 23, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Tornadoofsoul6

Originally Posted by josh81589
    it sucks for the rockets but im glad cause i dont like ming at all lol
    better luck next year. NOT hahahahaha

This man just jinxed the Mavericks by himself

2. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

What has been the main criticism of the Dallas Mavericks for years? They are soft and don't play defense. The person most responsible for turning that around is Avery Johnson. He is being scapegoated when his superstar player wilted against the Warriors and his owner panicked and stripped his team of interior depth and perimeter defense for an over the hill Jason Kidd. I know the coach always is the one to go in these situations, but what coach is available who is going to get them over the top?

3. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I hope he comes back. #1, I don't like to see players get hurt and kill a teams chances. #2, I believe the pick they give NJ is lotto protected, and what we don't need is Dallas adding more talent for the cheap.

4. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

some of the guys on dallas sports radio want jvg lol

5. kejohn

kejohn Member

0-8 against teams with a record better than .500. Kidd is over the hill and is a poor shooter. It was a bad trade for Dallas IMO. I'm glad Cuban was stupid enough to do the trade. Also, Avery will probably be fired after the season is over.

6. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

JVG would get their defense in gear. He worked for Houston. They already have a strong offense with veteran players and more talent than Houston. He won't have the same offensive struggles that he had with us.

7. ABtheTerrorist

I hate the Jazz,the Sonics, the Suns, and the Mavs.
    HOWEVER.
    I do not want to see Dirk get hurt.

I hate the fact that they will have an excuse for whatever happens to them the rest of the season.

Last year when they lost in the first round, it made me so happy.They had no real scapegoat.They just blew it.
    I was hoping for the same this year.

We shouldn't wish for or be happy for injuries.

I want to beat the Mavs fair and square.It would have been cool playing them again in the playoffs.

8. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

He's just acting as if he's hurt. Getting ready to tank the season. :)

9. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

Look this is a big injury. The only benefit is their schedule is somewhat soft the next two weeks, so unless Denver gets hot and wins the remaining head to head match-up of which dirk will miss they still have a decent chance of making the playoffs

I see this Dallas team much like Sacramento after the Horry killed them with that 3. Although they were in the playoffs and still a good team, they were on the downside. Especially after moving Harris for Kidd this team is old and on the decline. This injury will all but shelve this year. Not enough time for Kidd and Dirk to get in sync. Not enough time from the end of his injury til the playoffs start to get Dirk going at that high level again. Not to mention they will almost definately not have home court advantage. They have no more draft picks to speak of. Next year they will try one more time because they have no other option if it doesn't work it will be time to trade Dirk and try and rebuild around Josh Howard

10. hieuytran

hieuytran Member

i made a bet with a friend before the season that the rockets were going to go further in the playoffs than the mavs this season....earlier this season it didnt look good but it keeps looking better and better :D

11. ibm

ibm Member

i've never liked the mavs. can't say the same to dirk, even though i think he's overrated.

mavs fortunes are up in the air at this point of time.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Now that my initial feelings of shadenfruede has subsided, it really sucks for any team to have their star player sidelined. What makes the game great is to have teams play at full strength with no excuses and no holds barred.

At least Dirk's injury is only the start of the playoffs. Their fans still have hope of staying together and winning some crucial games for him to make a glorious comeback.

13. Houston22

Houston22 Member

You mean Schadenfreude

14. Pringles

Pringles Member

damn, that sucks for dirk. i can't imagine how fustrating this season was for him, and then to go out like that. same can be said with yao.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Avery is a defensive coach too.....JVG would not have the personel to be successful in Dallas.

He needs a post player to focus his offense around.

DD

16. GAY4WHO???

GAY4WHO??? Member

He has an offense :confused:

17. Guru

Guru Member

As much as I hate the Mavs, I wouldn't want any player to get injured (especially as bad as it looked yesterday, I thought of Shaun Livingston when I saw that).

And not to sound rude, but I would love to hear what they are saying on the mavs board right now. :D Anyone know where to go?

18. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

www.dallasbasketball.com

I was thrown off that board a couple of times for daring to speak out on Cuban's idiocy.

19. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Hate to see it happen to any player...That looked like it hurt...Wish him a speedy recover, well, at least after the playoffs are over..;)

20. aggie87

aggie87 Member

this is terrible and as much as I hate dirk and that team i wish the best for his recovery