1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dirk Injured

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Jacquescas, Mar 23, 2008.

Tags:
  1. buiyahkah

buiyahkah Contributing Member

it wasn't just his ankle. did you not see dirks knee get twisted too?

2. buiyahkah

umm...that's what all the analyst's were saying when yao's injury was announced. we then proceeded to real off 10 more sans yao :D

3. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Contributing Member

Two weeks? That's it for the Mavs. They don't have a Rox-like rebound in them.

4. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I'll for bashing all things Mavericks, but Avery's done a good job up there. He got a soft team to buy into playing defense and nearly won a championship.

5. GAY4WHO???

GAY4WHO??? Member

its kind of sad what cuban has done to that team...Things looked so good for that team going into the finals 2 years ago..they were young, athletic and had smart bbal IQ...first mistake they let marquis daniels go...
    look at all the athletic players they have lost off that team
    Marquis daniels
    Diop
    Devin Harris

6. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

But the Mavs suck...Rockets dont :)

7. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

The ironic thing is, Dallas fans were celebrating when Yao got hurt and were hoping to play the Rockets in the first round. You know what that say about karma. . . .

8. RocksMillenium

You clearly didn't see the way he fell because it wasn't just an ankle injury. Dallas is calling it an leg and ankle injury and he will miss at least 2 weeks but it looks like it's going to be evaluated more. Not a good sign.

9. GAY4WHO???

GAY4WHO??? Member

what are we doing on this thread???

10. RocksMillenium

The difference is, Dallas was sucking against good teams when Dirk was playing, and when he got suspended they STILL got hammered by a good team (Houston).

11. RocksMillenium

I'm not celebrating Dirk's injury if that's what you're saying. My point is, you NEVER celebrate another player's injury. Dallas fans were celebrating Yao's injury which is stupid. You never know when your team suffers a similar injury. I want to play everyone at 100%.

12. buiyahkah

AMEN to that! on another side note, mavs fans were saying how we couldn't use yao being gone as an excuse because he was out for the season so it's like he's not even with the team. isn't it funny now that if dirk misses the rest of the season and postseason because of this that we can use their "logic" against them? :D

13. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

That looked really really nasty. It's too bad really. It's just bad for basketball when superstar players go down. That said, the Mavs may just free-fall, and I can't say I'm opposed to that in all honesty. Of course, they weren't doing so hot before he went down anyway.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Letting Nash go was a mistake. If they had upgraded their roster AND paid Nash, I betcha they would have won a championship or two.

Their window was between June 2006 when they were up 2-0 on the Heat and were ahead by 13 points with 6 1/2 minutes left in game 3. I remember watching it from a hotel room and seeing the final 7 minutes replayed later that night. That game is where it all slipped from their hands.

I gave the Mavs props for rebounding with 67 wins the next season. But when Dirk went M.I.A. against the Warriors, they were done and their window closed. The mirage that people couldn't figure out was that team wasn't as talented as their record. The big mistake Cuban made was bringing back the same team. They were doomed to failure. When Cuban figured that out, the made the Kidd trade. Too little too late.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Dirk will not be back in 2 weeks.

16. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

What the hell are you talking about? :confused:

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=32464

"Bad news, I really like Yao."

"Sucks for Yao. He is the only player on the Rockets I like. He is what is great about the NBA. If any of y'all read his biography "YAO"..he is a funny guy."

"That sucks. Yao is one of the good guys in the league."

"I feel bad for Yao cause he's a good guy."

"Damn, that sux. Yao is fun to watch, now that he knows what he's doing.

That's bad for the league too--the NBA needs matchups like Yao-Shaq and Yao-Duncan. Needs good teams, and good playoff series.

I wish he could stay healthy."

"Man that stinks for Houston. I hate to see this happen to such a good player and good person. He's really coming along and I'm sure he'll be back strong next year. Yao's not going anywhere anytime soon."

"this *****in sucks"

"That is a shame but they will still make the playoffs even without Yao imo. Adelman is a good coach and they are just now picking up his system. They will find a way."

"I feel bad for Rockets fans. The only thing you can hope for as a fan is a chance for your team to compete.

That being said, injury prone players tend to get injured and it's clear at this point that both Yao and T-Mac are injury prone. It's probably time to try to move one of them. Preferably T-Mac.

You have to wonder if Yao is being worn down by being pressured (forced?) to play year around. That’s a lot of wear and tear on a 7’5 300 pound frame."

"I hope the big guy gets well sooner than expected. Tough luck for the Rockets. But I sympathize with them, really."

"Sad News,Yao come back soon~~"

:rolleyes:

If that's celebrating, I want to know how they act when it's time to mourn...

17. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Dude is gonna be fine.

So let me just say this.... jajajajajajaja!!!!!!

18. matty101

matty101 Member

his fall looked was shaun livingston lite.

looked pretty nasty

19. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

All them haters were wrong after all. When they said the the win against the Mavs didn't count, because Dirk would be in the playoffs and Yao wasn't. There's still 2 weeks in the season. Anything can happen, like key injuries to opposing team's stars.

Let's hope Dirk can come back and make the playoffs interesting.

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I wasn't bashing but stating my opinion. I don't wish bad things for the Mavericks (except for losing to us).

I still think Avery is not the guy (at least not anymore). I know he got them to the Finals in his first season but whatever he did to get them over the hump isn't working anymore. They have regressed for two straight seasons. I know they had a great regular season record last season but let's remember this team had been contending for a title for several seasons under Don Nelson so it isn't like Avery came in and rebuilt a lottery team. They can only be measured by playoff performances. In two seasons, he took a team from the NBA Finals to the worst first round upset in NBA history to maybe not even making the playoffs. And a lot of that has to do directly with his coaching decisions.

If Dirk is healthy soon and they miss the playoffs or even don't get to the WCF I don't see anything they can do besides shipping Dirk or booting Avery out. I think Cuban's love for Dirk and the arrival of one of the best floor generals (Kidd) in the league lets us know Avery will be the odd man out. They are (in there opinion) playing with a very small window to win it all or they would not have brought in a 35 yr old, as of today, PG. On a personal note, I thought the window closed when Miami eliminated them. That is, unless a huge roster change was made that off season and it wasn't.