1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dirk Injured

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Jacquescas, Mar 23, 2008.

Tags:
  1. T-Mac1

T-Mac1 Contributing Member

DALLAS -- Although no official recovery timetable has been established, Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said Sunday that the club expects to be without star forward Dirk Nowitzki for at least two weeks after Nowitzki suffered a leg injury in the third quarter of Sunday's 88-81 loss to San Antonio.

A shellshocked Cuban walked out of American Airlines Center with two fingers aloft to reflect the initial two-week fears.

But Cuban stressed that the time frame is unofficial and can't be confirmed until Nowitzki's left ankle and knee are examined more thoroughly Monday.

Nowitzki crumpled to the floor and clutched his left leg in agony after attempting to block a shot by San Antonio's Ime Udoka. Nowitzki's leg appeared to fold awkwardly after Udoka's right leg came down on Nowitzki's as they landed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3308109

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Very sorry this happened even thought I dislike the Mavs and don't like Dirk. It's bad the for the NBA whenever a marquee player is severely injured.

From a playoff standpoint, it's likely the Mavs will fall to #8 (at best) and get bombed in the first round by the Lakers. I'm OK with that.

3. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

still 2 weeks takes him to the end of the regular season at this point if the nuggets can muster a run they could bump them from the playoffs.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The regular season doesn't end until April 16th, which is more like 3 1/2 weeks.

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

I like Dirk and wish him the best, but I can't stand the Mavs and I hope they fall out of the playoffs.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Must....stay....classy.....must...

Yeah, I don't have much hope for the Nugs to pull together and capitalize. They're talented enough, but nothing to bet money on.

7. buiyahkah

buiyahkah Contributing Member

man that was nasty...couldn't have felt too good. even if dirk does make it back for the playoffs, there's no guarantee he'll be even close to 100%

8. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Out minimum 2 weeks, so thats like a good 5-7 games?

9. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I just want to point out that Dallas is 9-8 since the Jason Kidd trade. And this is why none of you trade-happy fans will ever be the GM of a basketball team.

10. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

Although no official recovery timetable has been established

11. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

True that. That includes 0-for against teams with winning records. 9-0 against the scrubadubdubs, 0-8 against the real competition they will face in the playoffs.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

And they are 0-8 against teams with a winning record.

13. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

damn thats like a season ending injury....almost as bad as shaun livingstons...

14. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

Denver fans celebrating tonight

15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

No way it's as bad as Livingston's injury. Twisting your ankle is the most common basketball injury there is. What Livingston did, the way his knee buckled and bent in ways it should never bend was something I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

yet another reason why losing in the first round after winning 67 games must r e a l l y suck

17. clutch11

clutch11 Member

url of denver fan forum plz. :D

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The Mavs had a two year window and missed their opportunity. Too bad.

19. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Sounds like the 2 week number is the most optimistic and it doesn't look like they are incredibly optimistic.

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

You mean those years between letting Nash go and gutting future talent for Jason Kidd?