1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DirecTV FOX Dispute

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by aeroman10, Oct 24, 2011.

1. aeroman10

aeroman10 Member

Just wanted to let the DirecTV users here know that you may soon loose all FOX channels if the two companies dont come to a new contract agreement.

Good thing I didn't switch over to DirecTV when Dish Network had a similar dispute last year :grin:

Its funny that people were dropping Dish because of that and going to DirecTV and now this...

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Member

Occupy DirecTV?

This sh_t is not going to fly for long. DirecTV is going to be getting a full on backlash from customers if they remove the main Fox network channel. I don't care what the price hike is and if they have to raise prices. It's not like DirecTV has ever been cheap to begin with.

3. BleedRocketsRed

I thought Fox owned DirecTV?

4. aeroman10

aeroman10 Member

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

6. aeroman10

aeroman10 Member

#6 aeroman10, Oct 24, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  7. LakersFan

LakersFan New Member

DirecTV Rocks

You are all crazy. Directv is awesome. FOX Networks & News Corp are the ones who are ripping us all off and trying to nickel and dime every cable company. They already get close to a billion dollars from Directv but it isn't enough... and that money it isn't even for the local Fox channels or Fox News which are the nets people actually watch - Directv pays even more for those. If Fox's cable networks need more money, why don't they try collecting it from their advertisers? they run plenty of ads on those networks... oh wait, no one watches them so why would advertisers pay more...

Also, News Corp did at one point own Directv but sold it off many years ago.

FYI if you want to read more about the Directv Fox dispute or Fox's dispute with other cable companies, there is a whole site about it here.

1 person likes this.
  8. aeroman10

aeroman10 Member

Do you work for DirectTV?
    LakersFan ... 1 post :confused:

9. lean

lean Member

One of the shadiest posts I have ever read. Shame on you, thinking you can register and make one biased post and think people won't realize you're some kind of directv nut hugger. DirecTV was awful the few times I've been exposed to it, go spam elsewhere.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Ban please.

11. Coach AI

Coach AI Member

Isn't there something going on with DirecTV and CBS as well?

12. rimbaud

rimbaud Member
    Supporting Member

It is a known FACT that watching DirectTV causes brain cancer. I, for one, applaud Fox for taking a stand against brain cancer. They will not settle until DirectTV stops sending the cancer causing signals.

13. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Both sides are trying to make the other look like the bad guy here so the viewers can turn on them forcing to cave into a deal.

Fox says that they are willing to keep the same deal, but DirecTV has said no and broken off negotiations while DirecTV says that fox wants to raise prices by 40%.

14. rimrocker

rimrocker Member

I don't like either company and don't really watch Fox except for the occasional sporting contest. If a bunch of people suddenly lost access to FoxNews, I think our country would immediately be better off.

15. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

I don't know anything about it, but i'm gonna be hella pissed if i cant watch sons of anarchy and its always sunny in philadelphia

16. lue03

lue03 Member

how much did prices go up for Dish network?

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Maybe this is how the slow death of cable happens
    The future comes down to switching websites rather than switching channels

Rocket River

18. clutch citizen

Is this true?

19. BleedRocketsRed

ROFL.

Never knew television providers had fanboys.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Probably an in-house online ombudsman program. The post was triggered by a Google Alerts notification. I bet these guys are terrorizing discussion forums throughout the U.S.