1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dillon Brooks?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, May 2, 2023.

?

Brooks a Rocket?

1. Yay

50 vote(s)
    23.4%
  2. Nay

164 vote(s)
    76.6%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Apparently Stone might not pass breh
    @Os Trigonum

sirjesse likes this.
  2. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

We are not signing him for his offense, we need a DEFENSE STOPPER…there is a reason why players have career games against us….Good teams have at least 1defense stopper…we have nothing

3. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

We are not signing him for his offense, we need a DEFENSE STOPPER…there is a reason why players have career games against us….Good teams have at least 1defense stopper…we have nothing

4. Arnel

Arnel Member

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

@tinman was right all along. Props! I’m not a fan because he’s kind of dirty and forgot how to shoot the last two seasons, but…in Ime we trust?

DeBeards and tinman like this.
  6. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

I HATE THIS GUY DO NOT WANT!!!

Drift Monkey likes this.
  7. keeez

keeez Member

You throw Dillon Brooks on this team last year and we're still just as bad defensively.

The thing is we do have defensive stoppers. Tari, Bari, Garuba, Tate have at the very least have shown flashes. The problem was that the team was hardly held accountable on defense the last handful of years. I think this changes with Ime, hopefully. Adding Brooks brings nothing to the team that we don't already have. Is it worth it for the baggage he's bringing? I don't think so.

Ancient Moabite and Zen Tabak like this.
  8. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

It hurts. We are that franchise :(

9. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

He's not a terrible shooter, he's been a chucker with zero conscience whatsoever. Hopefully he's held accountable in that regard otherwise it sets a very bad example for the young Rockets.

If he can keep himself in check he's not a bad pick up

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

All for overpaying FVV and Brook Lopez on short contracts. They may not be superstars but at least they are really good players. Dillon Brooks is a chucker with a bad attitude that his last team all but told to "f*** off and never come back". Maybe Udoka can work some magic and get those shot attempts down to less than 10 a game and higher-quality and his efficiency will improve, but I'm not optimistic. This is not some coachable high-character dude. Brooks is toxic.

11. Caesar

Caesar Member

If we sign this dude can we at least play the Arnold quote from Predator every time he misses? Replace the hand shake sound with the sound of a clank. Would make it far more entertaining for the fans.

12. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Tari, Bari, Garuba were not defense stoppers not even close. I have watch this guy many times, we have nothing like him. Maybe Tari, in the future but if you want to be a good defense team….you are going to need true defenders. I do not think Tari, Bari or Garuba played close enough to be 2nd team ALL DEFENSE TEAM last year. Guys, we are not looking for choir boys to fill out this rooster….we are going to need some dogs

ipaman likes this.
  13. OremLK

OremLK Member

I'm all for getting guys with some dawg in them but they need to be smart players who know their limitations. You can be that kind of player without being an idiotic chucker--much as I hate the man, see: prime Draymond.

Dillon Brooks had a .494 TS% last season. If you want some perspective on just how godawful that is, Jabari had a .514 TS% last season and that was considered disappointing. For a 19-year-old rookie. Dillon is in the prime of his career, he should be playing the best basketball of his life, and that's the best he can muster.

I honestly don't want Brooks on anything more than a 1 year deal under the room exception. Dude is a mess.

Drift Monkey and JW86 like this.
  14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Why wouldn’t Ime and Stone rather have a real 3 & D wing like Strus?

15. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

16. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Denovo, Drift Monkey and Zen Tabak like this.
  17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This felt like a rockets pickup due to their softness

18. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

A malcontent 3D who can’t shoot and gets roasted in the playoffs.

What teams are we competing against for this fool?

Drift Monkey likes this.
  19. jch1911

jch1911 Member

You can literally see the taste fly out of his mouth... LMAO

Drift Monkey, DeBeards and Zen Tabak like this.
  20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Was that dandruff, teeth, or parts of the ceiling that was falling after he got slapped? Damn.

Zen Tabak likes this.