1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dillon Brooks?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, May 2, 2023.

?

Brooks a Rocket?

1. Yay

50 vote(s)
    23.4%
  2. Nay

164 vote(s)
    76.6%
  1. OremLK

OremLK Member

Let him go to the Mavs on the vet minimum/MLE now that Memphis has completely torched his value. I want to hear about a massive locker room brawl in the media & see Luka demand a trade shortly after

2. Asian Sensation

Career shooting percentages

Clutchfans favorite bearded bum loser:

44% FG
    36% 3 PT

Dillon Brooks:

42% FG
    34% 3 PT

People are down on Brooks cause he made a fool of himself but the dude can play. 27 years old, excellent perimeter defender that can guard multiple positions well. He’ll be a key piece to his next teams success. He’s basically like a Jae Crowder/Trevor Ariza and there’s always room for guys like that on winning teams. The Grizz will miss him.

BigShasta likes this.
  3. Asian Sensation

Love Pat but for all the sht he talks…. Dafuq has he won?

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lmao, Canadians are mostly nicer than a lot of Americans so they say but that is an exception.

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

You missed a couple things:

FT rate: 8.6 vs 2.5
    Assists: 7.0 vs 2.1

You're right that Brooks could be a Trevor Ariza type of valuable roleplayer. He does have some talent, but he is a trainwreck mentally. Takes loads of terrible shots and thinks he's a superstar.

invocux likes this.
  6. Asian Sensation

Why are you moving goal posts? I was simply sharing FG percentages because the general consensus is that Brooks is a “terrible shooter” yet nobody thinks of Harden as a terrible shooter and quite frankly a lot of his fans especially around these parts think he’s some amazing shooter.

Fact of the matter is the two stats I mentioned aren’t far off. There’s no reason to bring up FT rate or Assists cause they’re not relevant. If you think they are I’ll bring up age, size of contracts, turnover rate and defense or lack thereof. But I won’t cause none of those have to do with ‘shooting’.

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

I never said Brooks is a terrible shooter though, that was other people. I said he takes way too many bad shots, which is true.

8. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Is that primarily why you liked Pat Bev?

I thought he was a good role player. He could defend and shoot open shots.

My issue with Brooks is that this year he was 39.6% fg% and 32.6% from 3 and I haven't seen that he's good enough defensively to make up for it.

So, yea, he's like Pat Bev and Ariza in the sense that he is asked to defend and shoot when open but not every 3 and D guy is at the same level.

He's more Jae'sean Tate than Trevor Ariza. Which may be fine on a cheap deal but he's not someone you rely on for stretches.

9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I voted no - but not because he poked the bear. I voted no because he can't shoot. I just don't see value in guys like that. If he could shoot the 3 at 36% then I would love to have a guy who plays with a fire like that. But at 32% I'm not considering giving that guy anywhere near the money he wants. I'm also hearing Memphis is parting ways with him because he was a bit delusional about what his role would be. Again, a guy like that needs to know his role. Even Draymond knows his role.

NOW! If we get through free agency and nobody has signed him and the Shanghai Sharks are calling and he's humbled and thinking his NBA career is over, I wouldn't mind swooping in and stealing a humbled Dillon Brooks for the vet minimum. I'd be excited about that if he's ready to be an off the bench guy.

11. J Rock

J Rock Member

theDude likes this.
  12. HardenReturns

HardenReturns Member

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

$25M for Brooks lol

He'll be lucky if he gets the MLE at this point.

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

No thanks. Declined sharply the last two years and terrible attitude. Thinks he's better than he is.

15. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

This ish is hilarious!

Guys a joke.

16. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Knew this thread was coming, we don’t need this clown.

17. AXG

AXG Member

For the minimum, maybe...

Nope.

18. i3artow i3aller

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I'd prefer Draymond in a batshit crazy player addition.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Future Houston Rocket

[​IMG]

Nook and Amel like this.