1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dillon Brooks is the Rockets' Franchise Player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Salvy, Aug 10, 2023.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

“I'm really happy for Dillon,” Stone said. “Largely, he's the player that we thought we were signing. So, it's not at all surprising. But it's great. And more so than any player I can really remember in recent memory, there's a narrative about him that's odd and wrong. And I think kind of the whole world over the last week has kind of owned that he's a really good basketball player.

“The thing he does at a truly elite level, in a funny way is the one thing that every fan and every coach says is the most important thing. Every single day, every single possession, he competes and he's always ready. And so, it's kind of funny that that guy, who embodies that ethos, has taken as many shots in the past few months as he has. But I also think … people are going to realize he's a really good player. And most importantly, he just competes his butt off. Obviously, we really like him. He played like we would expect him to, and we're really excited to get him back and get him integrated.”

“Every single team in the NBA needs a guy like that, who's going to compete every single night,” Stone said. “And there's not a single really good team in the NBA, who doesn't have multiple of those.”

“We want to be a team that no one wants to play,” Stone said. “We want to be a tough team. We want to be a really good defensive team. To me, because we want to win a championship, that’s how teams win championships. That is very much our goal. He’s very much hitting the prime of his career. We’re excited to have him.”

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Cannot go wrong with the Houston Bad boys instead of Detroit Bad Boys.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

STFU Stone. Are you suprised about KPJ?

pippendagimp, Nook and clos4life like this.
  4. dmoneybangbang

Competitive basketball against ones peers isn't relevant to anything.... You are just irrational at this point.

5. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

we'll see who ends up being right about him, hopefully it's you and not me. A few non nba games are completely irrelevant to me though, i care more about the years he's spent in the nba

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Removed

#486 J.R., Sep 14, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
    Shark44 and DeBeards like this.
  7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

“Rockets read the fine print with Brooks. Twice.”

Sadly the KPJ fiasco doesn’t exactly make me feel confident they comprehend what they are reading in the fine print no matter how many times they look over it.

Rokman, clos4life and daywalker02 like this.
  8. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Lol. Imagine complaining about Brooks after his awesome World Cup. I’ll never understand people who feel the need to complain about everything because of one bad thing.

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Imagine changing your entire outlook on a player who has 6 years of tape in the NBA because of a handful of FIBA games.

I’ll never understand people who feel the need to ignore years of evidence in the name of homerism.

Nook and Easy like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Brooks will be okay, and has one player less to worry about, Kevin.

You replaced two young guys with 2 slower guys who will press down the pace.

Defense will be good.....I think Offense remains to be seen.

Bench = a magic box of surprises.....

11. i3artow i3aller

Congratulations Dillon!

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. Nook

Nook Member

Rockets GM Stone is an amazing judge of character. Let’s see what he has to say in a few years. On the bright side, it cannot be as bad as the KPJ disaster.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

15. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

16. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I wasn't a fan of this signing at that size/contract length, but damn watching him play with Team CAN made me rethink his addition. If Ime can harness that DB with this roster, his defense can not only be a plus, but contagious as well. Getting excited about the season.

Jayzers_100 and Mathloom like this.
  17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Sad you don't see the other franchise players putting in work.

J.R. likes this.
  18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

That's @daywalker02 apologizing to Dillon for buying into the plant narrative

19. kpdark

kpdark Member

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Steph Curry 2.0

But can he carry his own team? ;)