1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dillon Brooks is the Rockets' Franchise Player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Salvy, Aug 10, 2023.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nope. The hate is cause he stinks. Folks generally don’t like sorry ass players like him

2. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

Once upon a time...this website had entries from the Junkyard Dog himself Mario Elie. CF was built on the the hard nose 3 and D player. It's essential to who we are as was Hakeem. After Mario there was Chucky, then the Chuck Wagon, then PJ, and now Brooks. Like everything in my life right now, I'm putting all my faith in 1. Ime Udoka and 2. Jesus Christ to make it right.

Brooks will be a fan favorite by the end of the contract and Jalen will be trying to get him to follow him to LA when his contract is up. You heard it here first.

DeBeards, NewAge and Salvy like this.
  3. Salvy

Salvy Member

People only want highlights, they want Steph Curry..... Even Steph Curry needed Draymond to have all the success he's had. The Rockets are at an early stage where a Brooks could really have a strong impact and change the mentality and hustle from this young team. Brooks is the guy the young kids are going to look up to. Effort and hustle is contagious and I expect Brooks to hold all these young dudes accountable for not providing it night in night out. In a few months everybody gonna love Brooks except some of the haters that won't admit how wrong they are about him.

i3artow i3aller, DeBeards and NewAge like this.
  4. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

The difference between draymond and brooks is that draymond is really good and brooks is really bad. Yes, they're both dirty and have "effort and hustle" but that's where the similarities end

BallSoHarden likes this.
  5. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Are you calling brooks a two way player? Probably the single worst offensive player in the entire league, someone who's a worse offensive player then trae young is a defensive player, is a TWO way player? my lord

Tuckmose and daywalker02 like this.
  6. OremLK

OremLK Member

All right GARM

[​IMG]

DeBeards and daywalker02 like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The problem he does not have game to provide anything substantial.

He is not a facilitator like Draymond, he actually shoots the ball better though, but his game is nothing special which would not make the young guys look up to him.

He is just there to take space, I am not sure what he has done to command respect.......you could sign a decent defensive player for 12-14 million right now.

The Rockets signed him to 20 million a year when Twitter was mocking him to go to the Chinese league......dayum that is the worst point.

I am sure he is still an NBA player but boy.....

ArtV likes this.
  9. kpdark

kpdark Member

Tracy McGrady on why he's a fan of Brooks

DeBeards likes this.
  10. fattz

fattz Member

We tried that and it didn’t work.

BallSoHarden, apollo33 and Tuckmose like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Agreed, a franchise player of missed 3s and epic proportions!

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

I am looking forward to start of the season when all our franchise players become trash after a couple of bad games and the debates will surround how Udoka is an idiot who rode the coattails of Tatum/Brown and how Stone needs to be fired and replaced by an old school guy who doesn't just look at numbers.

BallSoHarden and daywalker02 like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They grow to hate couple more player threads.....would emerge.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You need both yin and yang to balance the universe.

DeBeards and daywalker02 like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Genius, never saw a Yin Yang thread.

I.D.I.O.T.

Easy likes this.
  16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

You must be kidding right. I think 2009-2010 Trevor "Tmac" Ariza is the second worst player I've ever witnessed after Nix

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

[​IMG]

DeBeards and Easy like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A slew of players had dark times with that franchise.

19. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

I don't think Draymond would have been all that good if he ended up with the Cavs. I believe the truth is that the system that Kerr installed with that particular group of players elevated Draymond. Draymond is a b**** surrounded by great players. No doubt Draymond hustles, but I doubt Brooks will develop a need to kick the opposing team in the kibbles when he ends up on his back.

20. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

i 100% agree that green would not be a HOF or anything close without curry/gsw/refs. However, he's also a good passer and a genius on the court, while brooks is a zero at EVERYTHING on offense, and a complete moron. Brooks also is gonna be away from JJJ and the memphis system, so you would expect him to be much worse as a rocket then he's been so far (where's he's been the worst player in the nba since he entered the league)