1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pest_Ctrl, Apr 19, 2009.

1. hopeofTO

hopeofTO Member

I salute you, Mr. Mutombo, your work on-and-off court is a legacy that will never be forgotten.

2. absent2007

absent2007 Member

You are the man of the Houston rockets and the man of humanity and I'm proud be in your generation and see u played the great basketball game

Good luck Deke

3. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

This is just depressing..

all the best deke. you are one of the best ever on court and off court.. a rare breed.

damn. still can't believe this has happened.

4. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Mutombo says" “Nobody ever thought the big fellow would the person they’re carrying out of the arena. I was going out like a wounded soldier. I think that was one of the best memories, giving myself up for this league and my team and my teammates.”

class act.period

5. parmesh

parmesh Member

Damn it! You deserve so much better Deke! You're a legend, on and off the court! We will fight for you!

6. IBleedRed08

IBleedRed08 Member

GWS Deke. I will terribly miss his top-of-the-hill defense and the finger-wagging moments. :(

I bet he can still play as old as his jersey number if not for this. Best wishes. He is to be saluted for.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/POkyWhh3Ihw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/POkyWhh3Ihw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

This is really old and may have already been posted, but it has some classic lines from Deke.