1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pest_Ctrl, Apr 19, 2009.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am so happy Deke is in Houston.

It has been a joy to watch this guy take pride in acting like a Houston Rocket should act...

2. ExJordanary

ExJordanary Member

I LOVE DEKE!!!!!!!

3. ryl

ryl Member

it's amazing he's able to do what he does at age 42. I love it that he puts the elbows out as soon as he gets the ball. Though it looks awkward when he leans his back over to protect the ball, it's super effective. I wish Yao would throw his elbows around a bit... maybe then people would be less inclined to mess with him

4. NafeesLACC

NafeesLACC Member

Mark my words

There will be a confrontation between Mutombo and one of the Portland bigs :D

Mutombo did a great job of rebounding and weak side blocks, but needs to push out Oden, even though Oden traveled twice on his way to his dunks.

5. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

Simply no words in english- at least in which I possess- can express my respect for Deke.

How lucky that Yao is able to have Deke around. He is just the best rebounder and shotblocker I have ever seen playing the game, though he is not athletic!!!!!!!!!!

If Yao can improve his rebound and shotblock to half the lever where Deke is at, I am sure Yao will be the greatest big man ever to play the game

6. ibm

ibm Member

it's still too early for deke to retire. i say he has at least one more year left, maybe 2.

akeem needs to have dinner with deke again when he comes over from jordan, and convince him to sign with us for one more time.

(i am serious.)

7. horonggo

horonggo Member

;) Forever Dikembe Mutombo!BTW,I love this finger...

8. lok2012

lok2012 Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wMCjbzBHD-8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wMCjbzBHD-8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

9. nirianto

nirianto Member

I love how as soon as he grabs the rebound he has his elbows out to protect the ball from getting strip. Yao needs to learn from him.

10. returningfan

returningfan Member

Is it allowed to have two centers on the court at the same time?

11. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

OMM NOM NOM NOM NOM

12. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Twin Towers?

13. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

When did i say i didnt?

14. returningfan

returningfan Member

OK - so I still don't understand. Sorry for dumb questions.
    I know the term Twin Towers. Don't know if that was for two centers from same team on court at same time. If such a thing is possible - would love to have seen YM and DM playing at same time in the last Dallas game - against Nowinski (?) Kidd and the other guy I cannot stand to watch.
    (Barea?). Ok - so I think the Rockets are the classiest team in the NBA!

15. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

The Twin Towers were Hakeem and Ralph Sampson.. so yes you can have two centers on the court at the same time.

Tinman is sure to chime in here

16. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

I thought he would know who the Twin Towers were since this is a site for Rockets fans.

Sure you can, Rick loves putting his point guard tandem on the court, why not?

17. returningfan

returningfan Member

I missed the Twin Tower years. I watched the Rockets 1993-1995 when encouraged by friends and fell in love with the team/players. When all the players traded away I was so upset I stopped watching. Now back - love this team now. I hope to see YM and DM on the court at the same time during the playoffs. Would it happen? Circumstances?
    BTW - this fan is a "she" - so lots I don't know about the game.

18. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Ahh, the championship years, best years to watch.

No, i dont think Rick would ever use Yao and Deke at the same time, Deke is usually reserved for matchup problems or for when Yao is injured or in foul trouble.

Welcome to Clutchfans.

19. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I'm so glad deke is on this team.

He's just an incredible human being and player.

1 MORE YEAR! 1 MORE YEAR! 1 MORE YEAR! 1 MORE YEAR! 1 MORE YEAR! :D

20. returningfan

returningfan Member

Tks - yes the championship years! Mario Ellie's 3 pointer!!
    Perhaps remembering those years is worth another thread - who/what we can remember. What - we started with nine players?
    Hakeem, Clyde, Mario, Sam, Kenny, Robert, Pete, (Matt?), who am I missing - and did we not have an "oldster" well-respected veteran then as well?
    From our old team - is anyone still playing? Robert? Sam?