1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pest_Ctrl, Apr 19, 2009.

1. WALAWALA

WALAWALA Rookie

All hail Deke

2. FFz

FFz Member

"NOT IN MY HOUSE!"
    - Clyde

3. mic

mic Contributing Member

Deke was brilliant tonight. I'm so so so glad Adelman put him in.

4. allforone

allforone Member

dont ever ,ever,ever! mess with me
    [​IMG]

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

It still surprising that Mutombo only played 5 minutes a game 2 YEARS AGO against Utah with Mr Defense Jeff Van Gundy coaching.

Though Van Gundy picked Rockets to win big, kinda hope it aches Van Gundy just a little to see Mutombo's still doing the job.

6. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Deke was wild tonight .. amazing performance..

7. vizier

vizier Member

damn he looks like my grandpa in this picture!

8. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wMCjbzBHD-8&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wMCjbzBHD-8&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

Enjoy the rest here.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=6051D253CD3DB9CC

Great game.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Mutombo has 5 years of game left in his legs :D
    Seriously though... Dikembe Mutombo now is better than Greg Oden.

10. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

Deke is Adelman's secret weapon in the playoffs. I'm so happy to see him finger wag TWICE tonight. ;)

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Deke is what makes this team special. I say we retire 55 and hang it next to the Dream.

12. hancock.corey

hancock.corey Member

I made a promise I would do whatever it was I could do to ENSURE the Rockets win. I want to see them win it all. I know how. I just have to figure out how to get THEM to know it. That said, I know my goal. I shall achieve with the intensity one would use if his life depended upon it. Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!!! They say if you play with skill, good luck will happen though. So, Wish me skill!!!!!!!!!! :)

13. hancock.corey

hancock.corey Member

LOL. Is that a little green thing there for feedback? Hmm. Why does everyone else NOT have one? I'm special? awesome! lol..........yah, i realize that i guess i did something that appeared really stupid to MOST, and looks like i was crucified, lol. my mistate. for, if you KNEW WHAT I KNEW, you'd SAY THE THINGS I SAY. IF, IF IF. LOL.

CALL IT WHAT YOU LIKE, I KNOW WHAT IT IS. sorry for the caps!!! SWAG! pahahahaha. GO ROX!!

14. hancock.corey

hancock.corey Member

I love how he looks like he's focused on ONE person. i wonder who.

15. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

He also wagged the finger at the ref, did any1 catch that ? The woman commentator spoke on it, it was in the 1st half I think :D

How great would it be to give Deke is due by winning a championship ? There would be nothing sweeter than finally seeing Mutombo receive that Trophy after all he's been through. Please make it happen Rockets :(

I'm sad though that we didn't see more of him this year, all because of RA. That's the only thing I really cannot forgive Rick for, the guy is in his final year, comes back even after Morey lowballed him and basically told him we don't need you and then you don't play him ?? What more does RA need than what he has done last year in the playoffs, during the streak and the years before ? Sad that RA needed that Warriors game to realise Deke could still produce at a high level :mad:

16. Chamillionaire

another one, we just had this thread like a week ago. :rolleyes:

17. sidewider26

sidewider26 Member

-----------------------------------------------------

playing Deke was the smartest coaching we saw from Adelman for the past 2 years...Frankly, if JVG put Deke on the court instead of Yao for the last couple of minutes at game 7 in that Utah serie, we would have secured that final rebound and got out of the first round 2 years ago...

Deke surely still is a valuable asset to this team and if only he is 10 years younger (or maybe 20? :D )...

Deke's rebounding & shot blocking +Yao's shooting touch and low post moves=Dominance, we had only seen the combination of both in Hakeem the Dream, but it is still nice for us fans to have Yao and Deke at this rox team.

18. JoliePitt

JoliePitt Member

He was incredible.

19. BlameTracy

BlameTracy Member

5 stars for the thread title.

20. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Adelman has been saving Deke for the post-season.

Deke was so impressive. He's out of position but then he jumped, bended backward, extended his arm and tipped the ball for a rebound. He's alone under the basket with the ball and Channing Frye got nothing he could do but fouled Deke. But Deke missed both FT.

Let the old man dunk the ball, Frye! :mad: