1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Different Perspective] Clash of the Titans

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LCAhmed, Jun 19, 2013.

1. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Member

Tim Duncan is THE BEST Power Forward to ever play the game. His game is timeless and apparently ageless as he just put up 44mins with 30 pts 17 rebs. He is surrounded with a HOF Coach, a HOF PG and fellow Finals MVP Tony Parker along with an International LEGEND in Manu Ginobli. He is mentoring young upcoming players in Leonard, Splitter, Neal, and Green.

LeBron James is ARGUABLY THE BEST Small Forward to ever play the game. His game is unique and has a combination of fellow all time great studs like Magic, Big O, Charles Barkley, etc. He just put up a triple double with an amazing 4th qtr to bring his team back from losing the finals to forcing a game 7. He is surrounded with a good coach (arguably) of Eric Spoelstra, a HOF SG in D Wade, a great player in Bosh and a superb set of role players.

Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu, and coach Pop have won every time they've been to the finals. All they know is winning championships. Yes they are older, but their games havent changed or been effected due to it. This may be the last year of contention for them, but they'll still be damn good for as long as they stay together.

LeBron, Wade, and Bosh have felt defeat together and success together in the Finals. They have made the NBA Finals 3 years in a row. Bosh and Wade have struggled more than they have succeeded in the Finals and LeBron still hasnt found a consistency against the Spurs. However he has 2 triple doubles in the NBA Finals and yet people still say he is a choker.

The Spurs are almost mythical with how good they are. How people can say LeBron sucks when he Sh!ts all over the league during regular season and playoffs is beyond me. The Spurs are known as one of the best defensive teams with one of the best low post defenders of all time.

This isn't a mere LeBron sucks, wade sucks, heat sucks situation. This isn't a Spurs suck, Parker sucks, ginobli sucks thread either. This is a thread to appreciate what we are watching. We are watching two of the arguably greatest players to ever play the game duel it out for a championship. If LeBron can take down the Spurs who have been together for nearly 10 years and no each other better than any teammates I can think of, that is an amazing feat.

I feel like realistically, Miami are the underdogs here. The fact that LeBron can take the Heat to 7 games against this phenomenal San Antonio squad who has both veteran leadership, talented young players, and a coach 2nd only to Phil Jackson in my opinion is something to be amazed by.

I just hope people can see that the Spurs are probably the toughest team they have faced in a playoff series the LeBron era Heat have faced. They were inexperienced against the Mavs, and then came through the adversity last year, and have nearly coasted this post season up until Indi.

Yes I am a LeBron fan. I want him to succeed. I want him to be the next MJ. Who doesnt want to say they got to watch the best player to ever play the game?

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Member
    Supporting Member

Tim Duncan looks great playing against midgets, at the C position.

Miami made Roy freaking Hibbert look like a HOF, so let's not get carried away...

3. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Leflop will never be the GOAT.

And Larry Legend is the best SF of all time.