1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did Zaya Wade diss Kobe’s memory

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by NewAge, Jan 29, 2022.

1. TimDuncanDonaut

For us non-Kobe fans, if we never had fond memories of him to begin with. Is dissing his memory so bad? :D

Kobe retired in 2016, which makes Zaya around 9. How much of Kobe's games did the kid actually watch. Was she going into to archival games. Did the Wade family knew Kobe's family?

It's a little weird that these tributes has to be 'shared'. Not calling it clout chase, but if you miss someone, can mourn privately. Does it have to be this fashion style IG photo.

Kwame's take is overboard. So he is the villain here. He was also Kobe's teammate, maybe it triggered something.

It would be a story if it was a real diss.

2. Salvy

Salvy Member

The kid is just using Kobe's tragic death for his insecurities and attention. There is absolutely no reason for the dress other than to make a "hey look at me I'm trans statement".... Jersey's are one of the most universal pieces of clothing, both male and female can wear them...

JusBleezy likes this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

And just like that, he has ruined any good will he had gained.

Talk about getting over your skis?

Why the hell did he feel the need to comment on this at all, and called him gay.:eek:

I'm out.:(

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

How do you figure Olowokandi was better than Kwame?

Kwame was not drafted to be center, he was drafted to be a PF and transitioned to C as he got older.

I agree that he just looks very lame by doing this.

5. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

How is that when there are hundreds of thousands, if not millions of other fans paid tributes to Kobe? Is there a certain way for a person to pay a tribute, especially a child? I've seen some crazy cringe tributes, especially from some Kobe fans. Why is this one so more prominent than the other ones?

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

They played about the same number of seasons (10 vs. 13), while Olowokandi's number are slightly better across the board. He also played most of his career at center, even if take power forwards into account. The argument does not change, it's irrelevant. He was never great at either position.

If you look at the league average for average starting centers for each year Kwame was in the league, he was a below average "starting" center. The same for power forward.

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. Salvy

Salvy Member

Because it wasn't a tribute, it was a statement that used Kobe to steer attention to it. We could just ignore the underlying message behind it and throw it in the endless Kobe tribute bin but its pretty hard to when its clearly polemic and with reason. It was designed to do exactly what it did. Gather attention for the other reason and not Kobe. Kobe is not being celebrated or honored because of it, the other thing is.

JusBleezy likes this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I never said he was average or above average, and after looking at their numbers I see he had a longer career than I thought and slightly better numbers.

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude what in the holy **** are you talking about?

You have no idea what was in this kids head?

How is it not a tribute?

What exactly do you think the reason why he did this?

Just when I thought you could not be any more terrible as a poster, you prove me wrong.

10. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Agreed, but people are going to drag you for saying this. It's 2022 and people think it's all good. I'm sure you knew this before posting though. Good luck with the arguments you're going to have.

BamBam and Salvy like this.
  11. Salvy

Salvy Member

There is always someone waiting to be offended by something, its nearly impossible in this day and age to be politically correct. I'm just going to express how I feel, its surprising how little traction this thread got. Either people don't care or they just won't get involved because of you know what...

JusBleezy and NewAge like this.
  12. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

I don't know what! You tell me!....

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Waiting for him to be the #1 pick in the wnba

Jontro likes this.
  14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member