1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did you change your vote based on Russian Interference?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by cml750, Feb 23, 2018.

?

Did you change your vote based on Russian Interference

Poll closed Mar 2, 2018.
  1. Yes, Russian trolls convinced me to vote for Trump

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No, I voted for the person I always planned to vote for

15 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. cml750

cml750 Member

This poll speaks for itself. I see so much outrage over Russian interference with the election. Did anyone here actually vote for Trump due to the work of the trolls?

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Since no one from this forum voted for Trump, except RL and Rojo??, I think you already got your answer.

Beside, I think you are missing the point. We shouldn't at all allow any foreign body to interfere with our election. The impact is a very important consideration, but it does not need to have a measured impact to take that simple stance.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because a clutchfans poll is the way to prove that Russian interference had no impact?

And here's a poll? How many people are concerned that Russia attempted to influence our elections with propaganda that the GOP leaders retweeted?

4. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Remember who you are talking to here.

5. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

How can Russians troll if they don't even speak English so good?

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

No one here voted for trump period.

calurker, Harrisment and No Worries like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Latest effort to spin trump's story and excuse anyone from voting for him... went from "no collusion" to "ok, so, there was collusion but it didn't change any trump votes"...

8. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

latest effort to spin democrats story. It went from there was definitely a collusion to there was unknowingly collusion to well there was no collusion but the Russians did try to interfere so therefore we should impeach Trump

9. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

You are willfully stupid and hilarious. It’s gonna be a tough couple months, bud. Save your energy.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Liar:

This place isn't for discussion. It's just place where liberals come to yank each other off. When someone disrupts their bubble with facts they don't like they lose their emotions and get triggered. Now I see why other conservatives rarely visit this bubble. Total **** hole. I'm gone

Trump2020

11. cml750

cml750 Member

I never claimed it would prove anything. There is so much outrage here, I was curious how many weak minded people changed their vote.

12. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Given no one here voted for Trump, how can they change their vote against him? RL is the only one who admitted to voting for Trump I believe.

13. David321

David321 Member

The Russians main goal was to create division and seeing the behavior of Democrats after election I say they've accomplished their mission

Space Ghost likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

"Weak minded"? Curious description to an audience that still seems to stick to a story that they didn't vote for the republican candidate for president...

15. cml750

cml750 Member

I have always said I voted for him. I did it as a vote against Hillary at the time but now would vote for him without issue.

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When talking about changing the results from the election it doesn't even have to be about people changing their votes to make a difference. If it persuaded some people that Hillary wasn't a candidate to vote for, and they stayed home and voted for nobody that would also make a difference.

17. cml750

cml750 Member

If a person changed their vote based on the work of the trolls then I think weak minded is an accurate description. So far one person would fit that description.

18. cml750

cml750 Member

Now there are two. I should have made it a public poll so we could see who voted for Trump but will not admit it.

19. NewRoxFan

It would be interesting to understand how many people receive their news and are influenced by the news they receive via social media sources including Facebook. I'd guess that a significant number of conservatives/republicans/trump supporters do get their information from blogs, twitter, facebook and other social media/non-MSM sources. I would be surprised if they were not influenced by such sources.

Apologies, my original response was incorrect, I have corrected it. To be sure I think these sources did influence people.

#19 NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

So...you're 1?

fchowd0311 and justtxyank like this.