1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did you already fall off the bandwagon???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Gummi Clutch, Oct 31, 2002.

1. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

Were'nt we missing 3 of our possible starters?

Did you forget the potential that you saw in Yao Ming during the pre-season against better playoff teams?

Not to mention that Steve and Cato set career high stats last night.

Moral of the story is that "INJURIES" are still our biggest enemy.

2. RocDreamer

RocDreamer Contributing Member

NO!! Rocket fuel runs through my veins!!

3. tariq

tariq Member

Disappointed, dejected, sad - but never off the bandwagon.

4. ckrdkjr

ckrdkjr Member

if i didnt fall off last year i dont think last night could knock me off.

5. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Let the bandwagon fans fall off.

They will be back when this team starts to gel.

Have faith.

GO ROCKETS!

6. TechLabor

TechLabor Contributing Member

7. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

This was a reality check. The bandwagon wasn't even here. More like the ambulance.

New names (at least until Denver is over):

Yao "concrete shoes" Ming. Jason "why am I on an active roster?" Collier. Eddie "I'm a ghost - trick or treat" Griffin. Moochie "this is how you dribble" Norris.

8. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

If it's taken me 10 of my 21 years to be the biggest Rockets fan in the world, then it's gonna take 10 counteractive years of the Rockets not only losing every game and sucking bigtime in the process, but also 10 years of them making an ad campaign called "Be a part of something big - Except you Dallas" and 10 years of their 12 man active roster coming to my house and beating the snot out of me and 10 years of Rudy T getting drunk and puking all over me every night and 10 years of Moochie Norris dribbling a basketball on my head while I try to sleep and 10 years at 6-7 million each of Kelvin Cato being locked under contract and 10 years of the Rox playing the Jazz every night and losing and 10 years of altogether torture for me to fall off of my bandwagon.

9. RNuss02

RNuss02 Member

Would you rather the Rox win the first game and lose the second, or lose the first and win the second? I prefer this way.....it really lets us know who's a true fan and who puts on a Rockets' face when they win!

10. cson

cson Contributing Member

First- I not fan-wagon
    Second- Ming's a Rook , not a God....we will wait

11. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

LOL
    :p

Damn a bandwagon.
    You're either a fan or not.
    I consider myself a fan of the Game, then the Rockets...but it's extremely frustrating to see the same individualism from last year.
    First worries arrived after watching the last 2 games of the preseason. :eek:
    So yes, I may be a "fair-weather fan", but I won't subject myself to horrible basketball year after year. I'll give them this year, and the first half of the following season before I totally give up on them.

Side Note:
    What this team is lacking, other than Bball IQ, is an out-spoken veteran.
    A real veteran.

12. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

[​IMG]

13. mav3434

mav3434 Member

Being a pessimist and being a bandwagonner/fair weather fan are two different animals.

14. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

LOL
    Nice pic DAROckets

:p

15. windandsea

windandsea Contributing Member

16. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Who are the other two players?

17. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I dunno ... Pauly and Farkin?

18. javilo

javilo Member

I have been a rockets fan since 86 and i have seen it all. When we had the 7'4" Ralph sampson and I am not even close to jumping off the Wagon. Of course everyone questions the 3 guard lineup but We have injuries and Maybe Rudy thought that we could out run them which was not the case. Our team will get better, I have no doubt but As you all have stated, BOKI and YAO need some serious minutes and They both need to touch the ball more than 3 or 4 times a game. Just my opinion guys.

PRO YAO MING

19. Summer Song Giver

I disagree, Yao Ming is nowhere near ready. He needs practice time with the team, he does not need to be subjected to the emabarresment of looking bad in front of the whole world. The only people who want Ming on the Ccourt now are the ones who want him to fail. Rudy should play Ming just as he did in the preseason, spot minutes here and there but most of all take any pressure off of him. I still believe if we play team basketball we have the talent without much contribution from Ming to be a playoff team this year. That should be the goal, let Ming enjoy himself right now and learn the game. If you put Ming on the floor for heavy minutes my guess would be in about five games he'd be begging to go back to China and his confidence would certainly be shattered beyond all repair.

20. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I disagree. Yao is a number-one draft pick. I expect minutes, and I expect results. Not necessarily after the first game, but definitely after the first few weeks. This guy should NOT be another Kwame Brown.