1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did we make an offer to Cousins?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mig0s, Jul 3, 2018.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Didn't Cousins tear his Achilles after trying to contest a rebound from Ariza?

Really makes you think...doesn't it?

glimmertwins and steddinotayto like this.
  2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I still think Golden State should sign Dwight Howard for the vet minimum. You can never be too sure.

3. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

Zhou Qi will be our salvation.

B-Bob and DreamShook like this.
  4. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

People don’t care for his attitude just like Rodman, but the talent is there. If he recovers fully and can be motivated by his all-star teammates, then he could be a a great addition at a very low cost. Regardless, it’s a low risk, potentially high reward situation that Morey didn’t bother to explore. So far we’ve gone backwards while other teams in the West have improved. I doubt we even make it to the finals unless Morey can re-sign Clint and upgrade the SF spot, then find another shooter. Unfortunately almost all the quality FA’s are now gone so either he finds a way to trade Anderson to find a replacement for Ariza or we’re stuck with this current lineup. And we need shooters like T Evans or Wayne Ellington, not scrubs like Trevor Booker or Michael Carter-Williams. Let’s see how much longer he holds out on Capela and see if any FA’s are still unsigned. That’s the ticket.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Cousin's is full of ****.

and no we didn't make an offer because we already have a starting center.

luckyman76 likes this.
  6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Zach Lowe's pretty reputable. I don't think he'd just make it up.

The reality is not many wanted him.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23979341/zach-lowe-demarcus-cousins-golden-state-warriors-nba

Richie_Rich likes this.
  7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

CP3 and Boogie in the same room, let alone same team? Nope.

8. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tony "Splash" Brothers?

fattz, Little Bit and Richie_Rich like this.
  9. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

We have no money to offer him. He couldn’t get anymore than 5.3 million from us, so it doesn’t matter.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

i mean we could say that about lebron/rondo. lebron/LS. Rondo/IT. look at them now. all in the same locker room

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Why do people still try to make it seem like this is a certain reality? Is it cause it hasn't happened yet?

We're obviously going to let the market dictate what Clint receives. So at this point it's a waiting game. No reason to have signed CP3 to a 4 year max if they're not going to keep our Big 3 together.

Just another way to drive your stupid narratives on signing a headcase injured big man like Cousins. Who won't even be back to the same Boogie he had been. Achilles injuries are one of the worst to recover from, so he had nothing to lose by going to GS.

You guys are so oblivious and nearsighted, I swear I wanna just slap this sh** outta y'all.

12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'm not saying the guy doesnt have his detractors... and I'm sure there are teams that wanted no part of a torn achilles or Boogies attitude... but I dont believe the small mle is the best he could have done... I'm sure some low level team would have been happy to pony up more on the prospect that he recovers...
    Further, if thats the only offer on the table, why be so yippy skippy to sign it so quickly... he wasnt under any time table...
    Because he wasnt going to get huge money - so he went for a cheap ring... and took less than he could have gotten elsewhere - imo...
    I'm not saying it was Zach Lowe who decided to do this propaganda piece... it probably came from upstairs... ESPN knows what side its bread is buttered on and having league wide upheaval with fans tuning out over the rich getting richer isnt in their best interest...

13. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I just have an easier time believing that New Orleans pissed him off with the lack of an offer or at least an offer that was insulting and he gave a big middle finger to them and signed with Golden State. That seems to be right up his alley and would make sense with all the reports including this one.

14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

and what happened when they got Rodman? They went on to three peat and they don't do that without him

15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I could fully see him doing that... but that's a fu to NO - not that he couldnt get more elsewhere...

16. esketit

esketit Member

holy **** what am i reading. you want to "buy" rudy gay?

17. rserina

rserina Member

Cousins would be a terrible fit defensively. And, unlike the Warriors, we have no interest in him facing up at the elbow.

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

here's a better question: would it make you feel better to know that we did? because it still doesn't change anything; he still committed to GSW

Some of you guys really need to stop acting like 15 year old girls and move on.

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

"bother to explore"?

According to Zac Lowe, the Warriors didn't even bother to explore this one until it was pretty much over:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23979341/zach-lowe-demarcus-cousins-golden-state-warriors-nba

You'd like to think the Golden State Warriors had a grand plan --

That is not what happened. DeMarcus Cousins, an All-NBA behemoth, fell into the laps of the two-time defending champions over a chaotic few hours during which the market collapsed on him -- so fast, several members of Golden State's brain trust (including some very close to the innermost sanctum) had no idea the deal was coming.

20. Red Nation RGV

Hmm interesting tweet, 3rd Splash Brother??... I guess Durant is still on the outside looking in lol

daywalker02 likes this.