1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did we get less for james harden than we gave up for Westbrook?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Mar 17, 2021.

?

Did we get less for Harden than Westbrook.

1. yes

45 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. no

54 vote(s)
    54.5%
  1. HP3

HP3 Member

Do you think Morey WOULD EVER WANT TO DO THAT???? He gets 100% of the blame because HE PUSHED THROUGH THE DEAL. Not only would Morey never want Westbrook, he would never want to give up assets to get Westbrook. Your bone headed owner was already complaining about Cp3's contract from the get go. Thats been reported. Weve had many insdiers here including Nook and Cyber that say that TIllman and his son were involved.

Bro...these are terrible, GOD AWFUL arguments that I cant believe you would ever make. You are wondering why Morey could not get a better deal for Cp3 when he was coming off one of the worst seasons of his career??? I know you are smarter than this. Yes it was under Tillman's first year of ownership that Daryl Morey was signing replacement level players like MCW and James Ennis....ever wonder how that works??? We didnt play Ariza who we could have traded for better assets because of....money...ever wonder how that works?? We got rid of multiple assets to get under the tax that year, ever wonder how that works??? Yeesh.

#41 HP3, Mar 19, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
    Der Rabbi likes this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Why the hell would Daryl want to throw away everything he built??? He also is still close to James and Mike. LMAO whats that code for you? Your front ops obviously didnt like that deal and didnt want to do it. Thats code for I wanted this deal done no matter the cost. Yea it was Morey who wanted to give away 4 picks for a worse player....even though Nook, even though Cyber have said Tillman was ****ing involved, Nook has also said that Morey never wanted to do this trade, that James was fine with not getting Westbrook but TILLMAN STEPPED IN. Clutch himself has posted that he could never envision Morey ever asking for Westbrook over Cp3. So there you go. Dont spread false info. It makes you look stupid. Harden has the blame, Tillman HAS A LOT OF BLAME and Daryl was just caught in the middle of this garbage. Morey got a higher position and a better team with a better owner, yea he's really living it down LMAO. Morey the moron......ha

#42 HP3, Mar 19, 2021
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

Anderson we could have gotten value for in a trade but YOUR BOY TILLMAN STEPPED in. First year of Tillman w got Melo and Ennis LOL. Eric Gordon extension was after he had been our second best player in the playoffs that year soo.....yea wrong again. Dwight Howard was a coveted player a the time, you are full of crap. Corey Brewer has actually won us playoff games LOL but he was also turned into Lou WIlliams who helped us get Cp3. Terrance Jones had some productive years with us.

Everyone misses in the draft.

You are full of crap. https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...of-trades-how-much-did-they-help-the-rockets/
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...-weeks-to-fix-one-of-the-sixers-big-problems/

Der Rabbi likes this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

Anthony Edwards just became the youngest player to score 40 last night. He has been playing amazing ball ever since Rosas hired Chris Finch(one of the best offensive minds in the NBA). KAT has also been playing well. They beat the Suns last night. The look way better than we do. And Edwards is only 18 years old btw. Warriors passed on Lamelo too? Are they fraudulent,no. They had Curry, Wolves had Russel. The fact is, people miss in drafts, even the best. Jarret Culver has also has a lot of injuries and is 22 years old. Rosas has only been there for like 2 years. There was a lot to fix. There is no fraudulence there, only poor arguments made by people like yourself who dont have any context for the situation.

Oh yea....and btw YOUR BOY STONE is the reason Finch was never head coach with the Rockets, he's also the reason we hired Bickerstaff after Mcfail.......the more you know. :D

#44 HP3, Mar 19, 2021
  5. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

Hey dude. Sometimes seeing a hot pile of steaming poop on your kitchen floor is infuriating. But it's hopefully just dog ****. Take a moment, breathe. I suggest downloading the app called headspace. I think we're all throwing fan darts here.

HP3 likes this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea lol, you are right. Im done. I really just hate it when they try to blame Morey for a trade that he would never make.

7. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

Same. Just breathe it off. Nobody wins arguments online. And my dog shat on the floor. #tank2021-

HP3 likes this.
  8. CXbby

CXbby Member

Wood, kpj, tate. Stone has done more with less than Morey did the last 5 years. Thank God the culture of fraud is changing.

9. CXbby

CXbby Member

Terence Williams. Hasheem Thabeet. How could I forget. The list of fraud truely does go on. And on.

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

He traded Beverley, Harrell, Dekker, Lou Williams and a 1st for Chris Paul. Through maneuvers to acquire enough non-guaranteed contracts to make it work that CP3 trade is still one of the greatest acquisitions ever made in Rockets history.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  11. CXbby

CXbby Member

You are right. Morey actually wanted 2 firsts from okc but then Tilman stepped in and said, "No. Let's give them 4 instead."

Lmao some people still hanging on to this fraudster like a case of Stockholm syndrome. Quite sad actually, yet still funny.

12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Maybe not. But anyone who has followed the NBA for a couple decades AND understand who TF knew the team was going to implode by 2022-2023.

Even the most pessimistic person couldn't have predicted how fast TF would run this team into the ground.

In short, Harden was gone regardless by the end of this year.

HP3 and Der Rabbi like this.
  13. CXbby

CXbby Member

Chris Paul was a free agent and wanted to play in Houston. Morey didn't have to do anything besides the paperwork to make it happen. In fact Stone was probably the one behind it since he's the transactional lawyer guy.

14. steddinotayto

You give Stone credit for Wood and yet he was a free agent signing...so now you're dismissing the Chris Paul trade because he was, technically, a free agent?

I don't know what happened over the past 10-11 years but you were once a Morey fan. Daryl's far from perfect but let's not anoint Stone as some genius just yet. Stone's done what is expected of him (get maximum return for Harden) so at least he's competent.

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/our-moves-this-summer.197783/

HP3 likes this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

How can Morey get 100% of the blame when you just spent a rant talking about how he did nothing wrong?

Who cares whether Tillman and his son got involved why didnt Morey get a better deal for Cp3? Cp3 coming of the worst of his career but a year ago he cost like a crap ton of assets. A year later he was again traded for a boatload of assets. How come 2 other GMs sold high on Cp3 and Morey sold at a massive loss? You are right he didnt want to do the WB trade but that doesnt mean he shouldnt try hard to get a better deal.

Even if Cp3 coming of the worst season of his career its on Morey to get good assets for him. Lol you think WB had a good season last year or not? Spent most of the season injured and played like trash in the playoffs. Guess what Stone still got Wizards to gives us Wall and pick to take him off our hands.

Its Morey's job to make lemonade out of lemons just like what Presti and Stone did.

16. 18pbr

18pbr Member

The Nets picks could be very valuable. As we have all witness, a lot can happen within one year.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Cp3 was a Harden and Cp3 recruitment. Cp3 talked to Harden about teaming up and thats how they got together. Its similar to Melo signing, it is 100% player initiated.

Stone should be annointed for getting KPJ, Wood and KJ Martin all without using high picks and resources. Making lemonade out of lemons, thats great work by Stone so far.

18. CXbby

CXbby Member

I was indeed a Morey fan! Which is what makes it feel even dirtier now. I think the moment I realized the fraud was when he was spouting off on Twitter about how tsla was the most obvious short in the market, two years and 2000% ago. Since I do that stuff for a living I instantly spotted a dude that knew nothing about a subject and was just pretending to know it all. Then you look at some of his gm moves, it all makes sense!

19. steddinotayto

In all honesty, looking back now, I think Morey surrendered all of those assets in the CP3-Westbrook deal as a start of his "F You" tour with this franchise. I hate to put on the tin foil hate but you and others are right--he shouldn't have added all of those picks/swaps to the transaction. Maybe he was just ready to make an exit.

DreamShook, Easy, CXbby and 1 other person like this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

I dont think it was an FU move but I def believe he didnt try hard enough at the negotiating table thats why the deal was so bad maybe due to burn out or resentment we will never know.

Just look at WB trade, WB played worse than Cp3 but the Rox got a pick in exchange whereas we had to cough up a franchise worth of assets just to get WB. One GM tried and the other mailed it in simple as that.

DreamShook and steddinotayto like this.