1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did Trump just suggest that 2nd Amendment gun owners should assassinate Clinton?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheRealist137, Aug 9, 2016.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

What Mein Trumpf really needs to do is hire someone to get a handle on all this propaganda. Sort of like, I don't know, like a Minister of Propaganda, or something like that.

[​IMG]

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Because she never hint at killing Trump for starter. Now go away.

3. JeffB

JeffB Member

As a candidate, Teumo is failing in the audition as chief statesman. Too often everyone else is left to "clarify" what he said.

No one is overreacting in this. Even some supporters in his crowd knew he said "another one" as he put his foot in his mouth. Worst case: he suggested political assasination. Beat case: his jumbled grammar and aside left a possible implication that no one should make.

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

My views are actually quite clear about Hillary as well as Trump...Suggesting that because I rip Hillary...Im a Trump supporter makes you just as ignorant. Take off those liberal blinders please.

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

She just orders hits behind the scenes #Clintonbodycount

6. JeffB

JeffB Member

The poll data is making ever more clear that Trump is doing what people can see and here he is doing: appealing to the worst in our electorate. And some anti-establishment people are coming along for the ride. But the core of his appeal is xenophobia, nativism, fear, racism, and hatred. Even David Duke feels safe coming back into the light due to Trump.

7. heypartner

heypartner Member

Anyone mind updating how much of a topic this is on the campaign news front. Is it #1 story, mid story or curiosity.

Is Trump responding?

8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

It was the #1 news story on Today, and yes Trump has responded saying that his comments were manipulated...

9. subtomic

subtomic Member
    Supporting Member

Trump is more likely to hire this guy as his PR rep.

[​IMG]

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Come on, now.
    1) You think anti-Trumpers are not angry too?
    2) "The citizens understand" but "elected officials" (and posters on ClutchFans) don't? What makes you say so? Because voting for Trump proves understanding?
    3) What you're saying with the Dark Knight is that Trump voters don't fully understand. Isn't that a contradiction?
    4) Appealing to people's anger takes some sort of skill? So does stealing a car or making a gang bang video. And?
    5) Doing the more difficult thing doesn't mean your better. If I run a marathon against the world champion, it's more difficult for me, but who is better?
    6) "She represents everything that we the people dislike." Evidently not, judging from the majority of people who favor her over Trump.

By the way, your "crooked" term shows you sharing Trump's characterization of Clinton.

11. Two Sandwiches

Trump is not appealing to any kind of disenfranchised citizen. All he's appealing to at this point is the gun-clinging racists of America. Unfortunately, that's typically a side of themselves that people feel the need to hide, and he's making it somewhat socially acceptable for that side to come out in full display.

Worse yet, he's doing so, at a time when racial tensions are higher than they've been in fifty years.

12. Dubious

Dubious Member

"From Lawmakers, judges and executive officers, our nation is moving towards a negative direction."

Not really, things are actually getting better. It's just that information is more readily available now and extreme reactions to it are much more visible. Back when news and opinion had to pass through seasoned editors it was filtered for rationality.

In today's click-based forums the more extreme news and opinions draw the more clicks, clicks make money so everyone prints extremism. But if you go out there amongst the average people, life is pretty pretty pretty OK. Food is not scarce, we are all entertained, there is not a lot of mass rioting, there are a lot of conciliatory discussions about race, sexual preference and religious tolerance. The wars are generally within one country not wars of country against country.

Life and politics are always in conflict, sometimes it's worse but few times are better than right now.

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

1. Not sure of the question... but hope to clarify with the remaining points...
    2. I have stated that a majority of posters on the D/D are infact Liberal. Im ok with that and no issues with their opinions or perspectives on far reaching subjects. People DONT trust Washington. Voters sense the nation moving towards a darker future...They understand this...This is the "desperation."
    3. In this desperation, they have turned to someone they dont fully understand - Donald Trump...Trump is a "mad" man. He is brash, blunt, cavalier with his sentiments and attitudes. Some like his style, some dont... There is NOTHING contradictory about what I said.
    4. No one really gave Trump much of a chance when all of this started. He was the joke in the field of 17. Its not funny anymore as he now stands on a platform as the Republican candidate. He did something right during his primary campaign. It required skill to beat a vast field of candidates...He got it done. Not really sure of your flippant remarks...
    5. In your attempt at being philosophical, you fail to make an actual point...and what a terrible analogy. Hillary Clinton had the nomination gift wrapped even before the Democratic primaries began. Donald Trump was actively targeted by the RNC, who desperately hoped Bush or Rubio would represent the party...One guy had a much harder road to traverse...
    6. The November elections will address this point. Go Vote.

Hillary Clinton's crookedness isnt something Trump came up with. Rather it is a general sentiment that is held by almost all Republicans...Im going to vote for the candidate that most closely adheres a conservative platform. It clearly wont be Hillary...but Im not thrilled that it is Trump either.

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I wasn't being flippant. I think I had a very non-antagonistic tone.

I don't think Trump beating a field of 17 Republicans proves he is worth anything.

Your points #4 and 5 are the same. I don't think doing something difficult proves you are very good at it. I've hiked with people going up mountains. It was very difficult for them. Actually the difficulty showed they were not very good.

15. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

That says a lot more about Trump since he's getting beat decisively in nearly every poll.

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

Trump's earlier comments regarding the election being rigged:

And now his latest comments regarding Hillary Clinton, the Supreme Court, and the Second Amendment.

Regardless of whether you believe he is directly or indirectly threatening violence, his comments are questioning the very underpinnings of our country (democratic elections, legal system, constitution), and knowing the angry mindset of many of his supporters, these positions are not only irresponsible, but potentially criminal.

17. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Member

Maybe it's just me but I take it as if you value gun rights like I do, ...do something and I WILL ! With my vote.

18. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Yes, because Hillary is trying to abolish the Second Amendment.

19. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Member

With that said, how could Trump not figure his political enemies wouldn't take this and run with it? He should have been smarter with his words in this case

20. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Member

I think infringe is the right terminology ...not abolish. She will infringe on things that won't have an effect whatsoever but appeal to perception and not reality of gun safety