1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did this person lost/quit his job?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by H-Town Info, Apr 14, 2008.

1. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

Well, I'm living with my cousin's place for over 3 1/2 months now (nice big 3 story house). Right he's up right now still playing his WoW (World of Warcraft) (nearly 15 hrs) and I went to bed at around 11pm last night. He's 29 years old and has a good paying job but i don't know if he still has this job thus WoW has really been kicking in for him. Here's his signs that I have noticed about the past 3 weeks:

Signs

- Turned off his cell phone for the past 3 weeks (I believe his company pays his cell phone bill)

- Smoking about almost twice as usual

- He hasn't shaved in about 1 1/2 weeks.

- He is been on his "vacation" for 3 weeks now counting today (monday) from his job.

- The day before he started his "vacation", he told me works sucks and that I should stay in school for long as I can before going out into the real world.

- He doesn't do any housework really (doesn't do dishes, put trash on the counters and not in the garbage, doesn't take out trash when the bag is full or even when the bag is front of the study where he plays WoW, don't put away dishes, a load of clothes in his room laying everywhere). He did vacuum the living floor a few days ago...

- He doesn't go to bed until late at night due to playing WoW (like he is right now (so probably he stills up til around 2 or 3) , and usually after I go to bed (after 1 a.m)

- Uses the house phone a lot more than ever (he never uses it) to get calls from his girlfriend or w/e

2. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

Also his girlfriend is coming home as well in about a hour. Should I confront her about this and if so what should i say to her?

3. Isabel

Isabel Member

looks to me like he got fired about three weeks ago and doesn't want to admit it. I guess you could ask the girlfriend what was up if you wanted to find out from another source (not that she necessarily knows the truth either), but he's probably the one who should be confronted, if anyone should. Or just go ahead and assume that he doesn't have a job.

WoW will eat your life. :(

4. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

You're telling me. My old roommate was playing WoW for something like 15 hours a day. He stopped going to class, stopped going out, and just played WoW all day. It was really upsetting to watch.

5. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

WoW sounds worse than freaking crack! :eek:

6. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

If you know the company he works at, call it and ask for him, they'll tell you he no longer works there if true.

7. JD2010

JD2010 Member

I used to play WoW, I noticed i was playing alot, so i uninstalled and cancelled my account before it was too late

8. Lil Pun

Wait, you have to have an account? I mean people pay to play this game? Ummm, yeah that is worse than crack! :eek:

9. Lil Pun

Seems like a good solution and one that would probably work better than the idea you're having of asking the girlfriend.

10. JD2010

JD2010 Member

good thing i never payed, i had the 15 day free trial then i got a 30 day free trial

11. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

I usually have to pay for my crack......usually ;)

12. Lil Pun

Yeah but this is legal, that's why it is worse.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Why don't you just ask him "hey coz did u quit?"

14. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

This sounds like the plot of a very special "Three's Company".

15. jcee15

Right, got it. crack=fairly addictive,illegal status hinders its appeal.... WoW= "pricey"worse than crack as it is legal.

16. Lil Pun

And you can continually just sit there and do it. You can't keep smoking crack. But you can by this game get an account and then keep going and going and going....

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

This is why computers will one day rule us.

18. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

I second this. No confronting necessary. Unless you find out your cousin really is no longer employed... Then that's a different story.

19. jcee15

If I played WoW in a crack factory what would be the first topic up for discussion at my intervention? I dont want to argue. Please just let me win as my logic is unflappable.

20. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

[​IMG]