1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did the Rockets intentionally lose to miss the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by koby1868, Apr 7, 2016.

1. koby1868

koby1868 Member

I know this has been discussed in several threads but I can't help but think they've thrown in the towel. Why in the world would D-Mo not get any playing time? This is by far the dumbest move JBB has made all season. Why wouldn't you stick with the lineup that just helped you beat OKC.... If this was JBB "playing the chess match as of it was a playoff game" we are doomed.

I've been bashing everyone for giving up on this team but you're all right. They have zero heart, JBB is clearly not the guy and never should have been the guy, Morey has been a complete let down and Les is all talk. How can you publicly say that if you don't start acting like you want to be here and win you're gone and then we keep our entire team. Minus the fact that we tried to trade the guy who plays harder than anyone on the Rockets roster.

It's time to clean house and start fresh next year. We are throwing away this season to keep a draft pick that we gave away for a terrible player in Lawson. It's pathetic on our front office to accept this failure of a season. We will never be a premier destination with a Front office that can't figure out how to win. They should just shut down all of our stars and anyone that won't be back next year.

I can't wait until the day that Howard, Jones, Terry and Brewer never wear a Rockets uniform again.

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Harden needs to feel the burn of missing the playoffs

3. OTMax

OTMax Member

I wish, the saddest part is we are actually trying to win with a coach in over his head and players who just are not very good. This season is blessing in disguise though with the upcoming off-season. We needed to get away from McHale and company, realize Howard and Harden was never going to win a championship and seeing that guys like Terry, Jones, Josh Smith & Brewer should never get big minutes if you are serious about winning.

4. koby1868

koby1868 Member

I don't know that I agree with Smith not getting minutes. I'm not saying he should get 30 a night but he's a good rebounder and defender. He played well in spot minutes the other night. I think he still has a place on this team. Same player he was last year just gets no minutes.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

and that entails rockets fans putting public pressure on les to finally sell the team.

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Rockets, Jazz, Mavericks...likely will be easy sweeps in the playoffs. The Rockets will just save us from the misery of having to watch them get swept in the first round. Therefore, it doesn't really matter which of these teams make it.

Good riddance to this season and Corey Brewer. Cya Dwight...go miss FTs for someone else. Buh bye!

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Welcome to the dark side, kinda sucks here doesn't it?

DD

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Terry did intentionally miss and we lost.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Bickerstaff playing Brewer nearly the entire 4th quarter certainly makes me wonder...

10. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Its sad...following the whole season will give u the answer.
    As much as it looks like it weve been losing that way all year, we are just that stupid of a basketball team

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Maybe he has been reading the meme thread?

There's no way the players themselves would intentionally miss the playoffs.

But if we do, I won't be too concerned. I've already been kicked in the gut about 50 times this season.

12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

what??

13. Nero

Nero Member

No.

If the refs had called a foul on Dirk with the 6 seconds to go, we would have been up by 1 instead of down by 3. The Mavs had shown no clutch ability during the game, we probably would have won.

And yes, that was a foul, it was a clear hack down on Harden's hand and fore-arm. So what if he got some ball too? It was a foul. I don't think the refs intentionally didn't call it, they just missed it, but it should have been called.

That said, I hope we get to keep our 1st rd pick at least, which means I was not furious about the outcome.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

If the Rockets were trying to lose they probably would have won.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Given the ease of our schedule, it's very likely we make the playoffs and lose the pick, but I'm with you. I'd rather not.

16. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

LOL. Yes, perfect. Somebody should adopt this as a sig.