1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did the crowd chant "Kobe Sucks!"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lancet, Apr 24, 2004.

1. Man

Man Contributing Member

Tomorrow..if Steve continued to play how he has played hte past 2 games..BRILLIANTLY..just awesome..true franchise player..I hope people start chanting STEVIE

2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Don't forget "Fluke Walton."

If ya'll were at the game, ya'll would have been chanting "Kobe Sucks" too. I was at the game and you could feel the electricity in the TC. My 3rd time in the TC, my first win at the TC, against the Lakers in the playoffs for the first time in 5 years!!

I don't care what yall say about being classy and all that crap, I've been waiting too long to not hold anything back. Want to talk about being classy? Don't rape a 19 year old girl, and if he didn't rape her, don't cheat on your wife (who is gorgeous) and kid.

3. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

Give me a break with this crap.

I'm tired of "classy" executives all uptight at the TC and not making any frick'n noise. We need more rowdy hardcore fans at the TC and less quiet white collar workers in suits. Fans = fanatics. Fanatics are not classy people, especially during games on their home floors.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

The guilty thing was kind of harsh, but I am sure it would get into his head.

I would like to stick to Kobe Sucks.

5. lil-vic

lil-vic Member

c'mon i hate kobe just as much as the next man but yall don't seriously think he raped her do yall? all girls are freakin scandalous and its all about money........'kobe is a very rich man so why not sleep with him and get millions out of it'....that is what she is thinking. he is still wrong for cheating on his wife but i am sure he didn't rape her. (he didn't have to, his name is kobe bryant, case closed.)

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Well....the case isn't closed. It's not that easy.

I thought I read somewhere that he has a court date on the day we play them in game 5.

7. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Yeah it does....http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1785846

Bryant's next pretrial hearing is April 26-28 in Eagle, Colo. The hearing conflicts with a scheduled Game 5 of the first-round series against the Houston Rockets on April 28. Bryant has twice had court hearings on game days but has managed to return to play each time

8. WasabiTheNinjaPimp

WasabiTheNinjaPimp Contributing Member

Wow, a kobe nutlicker here on the rockets board, impressive. If kobe gets off every night the way he got off last night and the results are the same. I say we keep firing him up like that.

9. WasabiTheNinjaPimp

WasabiTheNinjaPimp Contributing Member

Is post editing now a paid-member-only-feature? Oh well, I guess it'll help my post counts.

10. indaclubam2pm

indaclubam2pm Contributing Member

yea everybody was chanting kobe sucks, great game hopefully we can do the same game 4 man its another must win, i got free tickets to the game the red dye thing man my hairs red as hell i love it

11. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

I'm with you but it's pointless discussing it with anyone who can't distinguish between being a rowdy fan and being a rowdy jerk. The phrase used is an expletive that has gained some degree of acceptabilty in private conversations within our culture. That doesn't make using it cool in public.

12. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

who side are u on? "classy"? It amuses me when someone does something another person does not like then that person is considered "classless". The word is much over used, calling someone a "hero" for saving a cockroach.

13. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

It's only pointless if we make it acceptable accross the board.

My rule of thumb?

If a public school game won't tolerate that kind of stuff, then why should the NBA?

Culture is defined as the acceptable actions and characteristics of the "whole" - everything else is a "sub-culture."

Is the NBA a sub-culture now? :confused:

I'd sure like for my kids to be able to watch it without parental guidance (except to teach the game).

That kind of junk will ruin it for a lot of families. But I guess it's all about the mighty dollar. Had David Stern possessed real courage he would have sat Kobe out for the season, or until the trial mess was over... then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Oh well. :rolleyes:

14. GRAYsquirrel

GRAYsquirrel Member

yeah, i was up there in the upper deck, and EVERYBODY was chanting "Kobe Sucks" and "No Means No". It was great. it was so loud and in sync, made ya swell up with pride with all the spirit (negative and humurous as it was). These two Lakers fans in the row ahead of me were getting verbally molested by the fans. Ouch! I would not want to trade places with them!

15. Agent86

Agent86 Contributing Member

Church is a place to be classy
    School is a place to be classy
    Work is a place to be classy

A playoff game in the TC is NOT a place to be classy. Thats a place you make people on opposing teams wish they were never born. Show them what happens when they bring there hollywood crap to hustle town. And how can you justify suspending Kobe for the whole year because hes been charged with a crime. Thats a very hard punishment for something unproven.

16. annthuyn

annthuyn Member

yeah okay... all of us girls are golddigging b*tches :rolleyes:

17. Yao Wink

Yao Wink Member

I would much rather yell "fengshou" (sp?) than anything mean-spirited to another person.

18. ghost2003

ghost2003 Member

I kinda like the guilty chant though. Think about it this way - he's guilty of cheating no matter what.

So let the chant continue.... KOBE KOBE KOBE!!! GUILTY GUILT GUILTY!!!!

19. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

HAHA! That was my favorite part of the night. The whole arena chanting "FANGSHOU!!" and "Kobe SUCKS" and "BEAT L. A."

Wow, I almost want to go to tommorows game. :(

Anyone have an extra ticket they'd like to donate? Yeah, didn't think so. :(

I'll either be watching at my friends house, or from Live. I dunno yet. Still kinda broke from all the stuff I bought friday.

FANGSHOU! DEFENSE! :D

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Remember Game 4 at The Summit against the Tragic.....for the player intro's they played David Bowie's 'Under Pressure' for the Tragic players. For this Game 4 I would like to hear The Pretenders 'Back on the Chain Gang' in honor of kobe. I would also like to hear the crowd chant the entire game "kobe's goin to shawshank". I look forward to witnessing these reasonable requests on ABC this afternoon.