1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did Tampa Bay screw the pooch?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by what, Jul 7, 2015.

1. hairyme

hairyme Member

Mariota's about to show the world he's on Rudy Gay's level!

what is either the best worst poster or the worst best poster on this board.

2. what

what Member

LOLOLOLOL, mariota mariota!

3. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

4. what

what Member

Mariota is a well-oiled machine of a qb. He is throwing the ball in tight spaces on time and on a rope. The titans haven't been this good on offense since the warren moon days

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Warren Moon never played for the Titans.

6. what

what Member

the history a warren moon resides with the titans, not the Texans. don't like that hurt you too much.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That changes nothing. He never played for the BE-SF's so the accurate statement would be that the Titans haven't ever been this good on offense....even if they were just playing the worst team in the NFL and it's mostly a mirage.

8. what

what Member

I know you have qb evny. Settle down. It will be alright. You still have jclowney!

9. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

great game from mariota

but checking out the comments online from even black people calling winston the n-word.. winston just might be the most hated nfl rookie qb since cam newton

10. what

what Member

What I've seen in the comments most were Jamarcus Winston.

To be honest, I never liked Winston that much in college. The kid seemed weird to me, but I was impressed by his session with Jon Gruden.

I really think that the difference so far with Winston is that he's holding the ball way too long and he can't seem to find wide open guys. Mariota, on the contrary, is seeing windows that very few qbs see and he is throwing balls on a rope and making his wr look GREAT by getting them the ball at the perfect moment.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

'what' overreacting to small sample sizes? No way

12. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Seriously, it is one game. A great one sure but one game.

13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Impressive debut by Marcus. Hopefully it was a fluke because it would suck to have to stop 2 franchise qbs in our division.

14. what

what Member

Did You Know?

Only one quarterback last season had a game in which he threw at least four touchdown passes and threw fewer than four incompletions: Tony Romo, who went 18-for-20 with four touchdowns against the Colts.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Did you know that Ryan Fitzpatrick threw 6 TD's against the Titans? A QB beating up on a random bad team in an isolated game isn't reason to crown them king.

16. what

what Member

Until you get a real qb on your team and not a random scrub, I realize that this is going to be a sensitive topic for you. It sucks having a scrub qb running the team, I get it.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, I'll take that as you conceding the point. Anyway, enjoy thinking that Mariota is the next great QB while you can.

18. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

the titans ran the chip kelly offense today, and the bucs were not expecting it... mariota only scored 1 td in the preseason.. it was obvious they were hiding what they were gonna show. Now others have tape on mariota, and we will see if he becomes russell wilson or rg3

19. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Jameis 1st Player to throw a pick-6 on first career pass since 1991(Brett Farve)

TB fans should rejoice. A lot of reason to be optimistic.

20. MystikArkitect

Marcus was said to be a taller, faster Wilson. Has shown it thus far and wish like hell he'd come out a year earlier. People forgetting his camp and preseason which have been eerily similar to how Wilson flashed early.